VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 11:57:29 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This is interesting concerning McCollough..........  (Read 465 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: October 22, 2022, 12:53:32 EDT »

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tennessee-football/jaylen-mccollough-will-not-face-discipline-from-university-per-attorney/?fbclid=IwAR0QO7kb-eJLR9_ZQN4jBZsUCXgc4MCrDoWq_xFcaTpFVi7f3IFZzEBu1M4

Has the criminal charged been dropped?   
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2022, 01:18:06 EDT »

No!
The DA is still "investigating"

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2022, 07:07:37 EDT »

He was resolved by the University Board of Student Conduct.

I would think that

1. It was off campus
2. Did not involve a fellow student

Is why they did nothing.  Basically out of their jurisdiction.

He's not off the hook at all, depends on what the DA does.

MO...if the account in the KNS is accurate I don't have much sympathy for him.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2022, 01:17:51 EDT »

He was resolved by the University Board of Student Conduct.

I would think that

1. It was off campus
2. Did not involve a fellow student

Is why they did nothing.  Basically out of their jurisdiction.

He's not off the hook at all, depends on what the DA does.

MO...if the account in the KNS is accurate I don't have much sympathy for him.

The KNS account was ONLY the other side's story

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2022, 05:28:46 EDT »

I am definitely not one of those people who defends players just because they're players.

I'm also not one of those people who think LEOs and the DA's office have it out for football players just because they're football players.

But I'm still having a hard time figuring out how this rises to the level of a felony charge. In Tennessee, the difference between misdemeanor assault and felony aggravated assault is one of two things: 1.) Serious bodily injury, 2.) Using a deadly weapon. (i.e. simply brandishing a firearm or a knife can be felony assault if it causes reasonable fear to another person). Obviously KPD and the DA are arguing the serious bodily injury part but that just seems like a major stretch to me.

With that said, he followed the guy and knocked him down a flight of steps. So he's hardly an innocent victim. If this had happened in his apartment, he wouldn't be facing any charges. He chose to be an aggressor the moment he stepped out his front door.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2022, 10:10:26 EDT »

I am definitely not one of those people who defends players just because they're players.

I'm also not one of those people who think LEOs and the DA's office have it out for football players just because they're football players.

But I'm still having a hard time figuring out how this rises to the level of a felony charge. In Tennessee, the difference between misdemeanor assault and felony aggravated assault is one of two things: 1.) Serious bodily injury, 2.) Using a deadly weapon. (i.e. simply brandishing a firearm or a knife can be felony assault if it causes reasonable fear to another person). Obviously KPD and the DA are arguing the serious bodily injury part but that just seems like a major stretch to me.

With that said, he followed the guy and knocked him down a flight of steps. So he's hardly an innocent victim. If this had happened in his apartment, he wouldn't be facing any charges. He chose to be an aggressor the moment he stepped out his front door.

I'm sure its the knocking him down the flight of steps part.  I trust the authorities to handle it, but if he is guilty then at a minimum I expect him to be suspended for a long time.  If he pleads to a misdemeanor, I'm okay with him coming back.  Felony...thank you for your time, and don't let the door hit you on the arse on your way out.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: