VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 03:38:17 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Junior is moving up the list of opponents  (Read 519 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2022, 07:48:58 EDT »

At the start of the season, I thought they might be weaker than Mizzou and only better than Vandy. Instead, Mizzou survived the East Division Cellar Bowl today while Junior got its second victory against more or less quality opponent.  Not sure I'd call Tamu "quality" anymore, but they are definitely middle of the pack SEC.

Disclaimer...UK QB was out the week USC played them, but still it was in Lexington.

Anyway, not a foe we can overlook.

Lots of football before we play them though.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2022, 05:20:13 EDT »

I think Beamer is a pretty good coach...He has some Butch in him but can actually coach....Players love Beamer and players hated Butch when they figured out his BS....

Last year we beat USC in the 1st quarter....After the 1st quarter they beat us from the 2nd quarter on score wise....They were down too far from the 1st quarter to make a game of it...
« Last Edit: October 23, 2022, 06:59:33 EDT by Tnphil » Logged
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2022, 06:31:25 EDT »

Plus, a little birdie (with ridiculous sunglasses) told me that Williams Brice is toughest place to play in the America. We are so screwed.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2022, 09:04:01 EDT »

Plus, a little birdie (with ridiculous sunglasses) told me that Williams Brice is toughest place to play in the America. We are so screwed.

@TnPhil, we were up 28-0 in the first quarter.  A nice change of pace to how we played them in the past.

With rare exceptions we always get up big in the first quarter.  21-7 on bammer even, though they did score early in the 2nd quarter.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2022, 03:25:18 EDT »

I think Beamer is a pretty good coach...He has some Butch in him but can actually coach....Players love Beamer and players hated Butch when they figured out his BS....

Last year we beat USC in the 1st quarter....After the 1st quarter they beat us from the 2nd quarter on score wise....They were down too far from the 1st quarter to make a game of it...

I agree he is a good coach and comes from good stock.  I can't quite put a finger on it, but I get the feeling that he has it in for the Big Orange.  It's like he will make us his special little project.  I also get the feeling that they may indeed end up as the Stoerner/Arkansas opponent for us this season.   It does not make much sense, but I have a good feeling about our chances of a UGa upset.  It will be very telling how we handle the Wildcats.  I was fairly impressed with us vs UTM, or Tee Martin as Blob calls them.  We could have come out there sluggish and played like we didn't want to be out there, but no, we looked pretty dang sharp.  That is a good sign in my book, coming off that Rocky Top High the Saturday before.  That is the HFC, all the way.  THe main thing a hate, Hate, HATED about Butch was that his teams hardly EVER looked like they wanted to be on the field.  They CONTINUALLY had their veritable thumb up their hindquarters.  Heupel seems to have a knack at getting his teams ready.  Now I kinda expect a letdown at some point - it is only natural....but I have as good a feeling about the VOLS as I have in a long time.  I would love to see a razor focused team go out there and rip the 'Cats to shreds.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2022, 09:07:25 EDT »

eh...I thought our D looked sluggish on the very first drive, but then they got it together. It helped that UTM handed us the ball twice, but of course the D takes some credit for that also.

In fairness, I read that UTM is ranked 14th in the FCS ((not sure what poll or power index, just read it in some blog) and they have a 5th year senior QB who is pretty good.

None of which really matters when it's an FCS team, but maybe having spent hours watching film they exploited something on that first drive that we quickly reacted to.

Anyway, glorified scrimmage is behind us.  Bring on KenSucky!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: