VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 10:22:30 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Having a hard time being confident about beating KY...  (Read 790 times)
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: October 24, 2022, 03:14:19 EDT »

Still having a hard time being confident.  I keep looking around like  Ga State is gonna show up unexpectedly.

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2022, 03:34:33 EDT »

They have the potential to scorch us in the passing game. I mean who hasn't? They have a bunch of talented young receivers. Pressure is required to help our battered secondary. BVS aside, this is no gimme. I love the season UT is having, but we ain't going 13-0 imo. If we have to lose, just don't let it be to the cats.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2022, 03:36:57 EDT by SmokeyJoe » Logged
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2022, 03:36:08 EDT »

Also, statistically they have a decent D. One capable of getting some stops and/or turnovers. They have nothing to lose. Need our A game.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2022, 03:44:11 EDT »

They have the potential to scorch us in the passing game. I mean who hasn't? They have a bunch of talented young receivers. Pressure is required to help our battered secondary. BVS aside, this is no gimme. I love the season UT is having, but we ain't going 13-0 imo. If we have to lose, just don't let it be to the cats.

They have a turible Oline and we have a pretty good Dline

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2022, 03:45:52 EDT »

They have the potential to scorch us in the passing game. I mean who hasn't. They have a bunch of talented young receivers. Pressure is required to help our battered secondary. BVS aside, this is no gimme. I love the season UT is having, but we ain't going 13-0 imo. If we have to lose, just don't let it be to the cats.

That's a fair point.  Perhaps this will be the best offense we have faced to date?  We match up well against teams that rely on Defense to win.  We may just have an Achilles heel for power house offenses.  Bama has a shizzlety receiving corps.  When we played LSU and UF, they suffered from mediocre QB play.  Looking at team stats 7 games in, UK's passing offense is a few pegs behind Bammers.  THe WIldcats have given up a lot more sacks.  Maybe we are worrying too much.  Our defense is not all the great, for sure, and the reall issue to me is we are razor thin.  I guess a lot of backups got in some valuable reps last Saturday.  
« Last Edit: October 24, 2022, 05:35:49 EDT by Coupe De VOL » Logged

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2022, 04:22:57 EDT »

They have a turible Oline and we have a pretty good Dline

I know. Worried they may miraculously get it together this week. BVS. Lol 
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2022, 04:38:45 EDT »

Potential?  yes.
Likelihood?  Not great
Why? Their OL flat out looks like as the last year of gump
With Richardson they are averaging 134 yards/game
Levis is getting beat up - BTW, how is his ankle/shoulder/turf toe?

Prediction: We sell out to stop the run (we normally do) and bring the house on blitzes, 5-6 on obvious passing downs as I suspect Banks and company don't believe they can contain our stunts
Hell, per their OC: “We’re not going to score 50 points a game”

However we will score 38 points minimum Saturday with a more likely total in the 42-45 range
I don't think they reach 29 points

YMMV

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2022, 06:36:38 EDT »

Potential?  yes.
Likelihood?  Not great
Why? Their OL flat out looks like as the last year of gump
With Richardson they are averaging 134 yards/game
Levis is getting beat up - BTW, how is his ankle/shoulder/turf toe?

Prediction: We sell out to stop the run (we normally do) and bring the house on blitzes, 5-6 on obvious passing downs as I suspect Banks and company don't believe they can contain our stunts
Hell, per their OC: “We’re not going to score 50 points a game”

However we will score 38 points minimum Saturday with a more likely total in the 42-45 range
I don't think they reach 29 points

YMMV

Fine by me! The cat fandom is right up there with vandy. Annoying as hell!
Creek Walker
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2022, 08:25:06 EDT »

My pessimism is well-noted ... probably on this board but certainly in person amongst my family and friends. Give me a chance and I'll tell you why Tennessee can't win, regardless the opponent.

But I feel good about this game Saturday. At some point our defense is going to cost us a game, and maybe it turns out to be this Saturday. But I don't think it will, because UK's offensive line is a poor match for our defensive line, IMO. I think we can get enough pressure on Levis to limit his effectiveness. He's a very good QB, but he's not Bryce Young good. UK's strength may be their defense, but I just don't see their defense being good enough to stop our offense.

This offense really won me over against Florida. Since then, we've seen it against LSU and Alabama...a bunch of playmakers who can move the ball almost at will against SEC defenses. It's incredible. It's one of the best offenses in the history of the SEC. I don't think that's hyperbole.

I think we win this one by a couple of touchdowns.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2022, 08:57:32 EDT »

My pessimism is well-noted ... probably on this board but certainly in person amongst my family and friends. Give me a chance and I'll tell you why Tennessee can't win, regardless the opponent.

But I feel good about this game Saturday. At some point our defense is going to cost us a game, and maybe it turns out to be this Saturday. But I don't think it will, because UK's offensive line is a poor match for our defensive line, IMO. I think we can get enough pressure on Levis to limit his effectiveness. He's a very good QB, but he's not Bryce Young good. UK's strength may be their defense, but I just don't see their defense being good enough to stop our offense.

This offense really won me over against Florida. Since then, we've seen it against LSU and Alabama...a bunch of playmakers who can move the ball almost at will against SEC defenses. It's incredible. It's one of the best offenses in the history of the SEC. I don't think that's hyperbole.

I think we win this one by a couple of touchdowns.

https://youtu.be/bGsjq1viMy0?t=128

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2022, 08:58:33 EDT »

Still having a hard time being confident.  I keep looking around like  Ga State is gonna show up unexpectedly.

we are gonna

STOMP THEIR EGGS!

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2022, 10:51:36 EDT »

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: