VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 02:28:24 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So, we have to win out. And pull for UGAY and Turd the rest of the way..  (Read 657 times)
Volengineer
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2022, 01:12:20 EDT »

And GA to beat AL in the championship game?? 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2022, 01:13:33 EDT »

And GA to beat AL in the championship game?? 

Based on what I’ve seen, UGA will easily handle Bama.
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2022, 01:15:24 EDT »

Gotta root for a lot more than that. We don't control our own destiny by a long shot. But the fact that this team settled in and competed should help prevent us from falling as far as we otherwise might have.

At a minimum, UGA has to beat Alabama in the SECCG, one of TCU or Clemson have to lose, and we might still have competition from Oregon or Southern Cal. Maybe the Ohio State/Michigan loser, too, if that's a close game.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2022, 01:33:57 EDT »

not sure what our odds are, but we still have  a shot at the CFP

And if not, 11-1 is a great season, best since 2001

We do have three games left though

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volengineer
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2022, 01:51:47 EDT »

I didn't catch the fact that the defense held GA to 3 in the 2nd half.  That's pretty dang good.  Another Vol TD would have made it look better on paper.

When State missed out in '14 (which they constantly brought up today), they lost to Ole Miss at the end of the season for their second loss.  They were 4th in the voting prior to that.  They had lost to AL earlier.

At the end of the day, 11-1 would be great regardless.  I'd just like the team to be rewarded with a CFP berth.  Not that who I pull for will make any difference.  Though tbh, what I am realllly pulling for is for me to hit that Powerball lottery tonight.   
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2022, 01:53:14 EDT »

I didn't catch the fact that the defense held GA to 3 in the 2nd half.  That's pretty dang good.  Another Vol TD would have made it look better on paper.

When State missed out in '14 (which they constantly brought up today), they lost to Ole Miss at the end of the season for their second loss.  They were 4th in the voting prior to that.  They had lost to AL earlier.

At the end of the day, 11-1 would be great regardless.  I'd just like the team to be rewarded with a CFP berth.  Not that who I pull for will make any difference.  Though tbh, what I am realllly pulling for is for me to hit that Powerball lottery tonight.   

A great goal for the rest of the season is to not have a let down.  Starting next week.  Mizzou is a better team than their record would indicate, and have a solid D.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2022, 01:02:08 EST »

Our remaining schedule will hurt us I'm afraid....Got to win all 3 and see what happens. But I'm afraid we'll be outside looking in as far as the playoffs.
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2022, 01:15:45 EST »

I think there’s a very slim chance that BOTH TCU & Clem go undefeated.  And WE WILL CLEARLY be the best 1 loss team out there.  Our loss will be to the #1 team and we will have more quality wins than anyone else fighting for the 4th slot.  If we TCB against the last 3 opponents and Bammer doesn’t beat UGa we are close to a lock.  Not quite a lock, but close. 

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2022, 01:17:07 EST »

Our remaining schedule will hurt us I'm afraid....Got to win all 3 and see what happens. But I'm afraid we'll be outside looking in as far as the playoffs.
While making the CFP would be amazing, I’m not going to be hugely upset if we go 11-1 and get the Sugar Bowl bid.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2022, 01:24:05 EST »

Speaking of the CFP talk, as of this moment Clemson trails ND in South Bend and LSU is leading bammer mid 2nd quarter

Some of the pieces may fall into place tonight. 

Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2022, 01:26:00 EST »

While making the CFP would be amazing, I’m not going to be hugely upset if we go 11-1 and get the Sugar Bowl bid.

ZACKLY!!!!   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: