VTTW Board Index
April 28, 2024, 07:28:37 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PFF Grades  (Read 996 times)
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2022, 08:42:51 EST »

https://www.rockytopinsider.com/2022/11/06/pff-grades-tennessee-at-georgia/
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2022, 10:22:37 EST »

I agree the defense graded fairly well. If offense had provided any offense I suspect the defense would have also been better.
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2022, 12:10:37 EST »

UGa had over 500 yds O against Aubie and UF….480 vs MIZZOU.  We held em to 390…. Not bad.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2022, 12:16:04 EST »

UGa had over 500 yds O against Aubie and UF….480 vs MIZZOU.  We held em to 390…. Not bad.

True...but I also think UGA really dialed back their offense the 2nd half and were pretty darn vanilla. Bennett was on and not sure our DBs would have stopped them much. When the rain started UGA really went into a offensive hole. I think UGA knew their defense had the game won....and they knew it early in the game.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2022, 01:04:41 EST »

True...but I also think UGA really dialed back their offense the 2nd half and were pretty darn vanilla. Bennett was on and not sure our DBs would have stopped them much. When the rain started UGA really went into a offensive hole. I think UGA knew their defense had the game won....and they knew it early in the game.

At 14-3 I was all but certain. Hooker looked so not hookerish for lack of a better term.  But as you mentioned in a previous he just sort of stands there in a shallow pocket. Had never noticed before. Good thing our schedule is weak rest of the year. USCe may even cause major problems on the road.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2022, 01:08:45 EST »

I'm a long time football fan, but no technique guru. What was Georgia doing yesterday? So often Hooker looked down field, and evidently there was just nothing. Were the wr THAT blanketed?  Maybe he should have flung a few that he held   
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2022, 01:13:44 EST »

I'm really not even interested in the playoffs this year. Georgia, and osu would probably stymie the O, and maybe whoever the 3rd potential opponent might be. Sorry but yesterday brought my battered Vol syndrome roaring back. 
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2022, 01:17:46 EST »

I'm a long time football fan, but no technique guru. What was Georgia doing yesterday? So often Hooker looked down field, and evidently there was just nothing. Were the wr THAT blanketed?   Maybe he should have flung a few that he held  
I’m no guru either, but to me it was a combination of things: (1) they were very physical with our receivers, (2) they got push with their D line, especially in the middle (3) where HH stands in his short pocket, (4) we seemed to run very few short, quick routes over the middle - but sometimes it is tough to see those on TV coverage.

After just a couple of series I thought it was evident that UGA wasn’t going to give us the long ball. They were going to make us drive the ball on them for points.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 01:19:47 EST by JeffCountyVolFan » Logged
10EC
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2022, 01:23:34 EST »

I'm really not even interested in the playoffs this year. Georgia, and osu would probably stymie the O, and maybe whoever the 3rd potential opponent might be. Sorry but yesterday brought my battered Vol syndrome roaring back. 

If you want this program to get better, you want us in the CFP.  It tells recruits we are legit and worthy of their services.  Just breathe for a week and let’s focus on winning out.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2022, 01:35:57 EST »

In a nutshell without watching one play since the actually game....I didn't even watch the highlight shows...

UGA didn't have to load the box...they stopped our running game playing straight up...didn't have to commit extra players to stop the run and covered our WR's like glue....Got pressure from their front more than they should....They flat whipped our OL azzes...They had the blueprint and the players to execute the blueprint. That's 7 straight quarters they have executed it against us.

IMO we could have called somethings that might have helped...like using true screens (our WR screens were not working and we ran too many of them)...and we could have used our backs in the screen game and quick outs where there was a lot of green grass....Those things could have helped slow down their onslaught for a while...Who knows how long.

I remember when Fat Charlie was coaching Notre Dame and he schooled Chavis with our aggressive defense...Charlie true screened us to death the early part of the game and our defense was on it's heals the rest of the game....Brilliant coaching move by him. When your running game isn't working at all and they are coming....do something
« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 01:37:32 EST by Tnphil » Logged
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2022, 01:52:39 EST »

In a nutshell without watching one play since the actually game....I didn't even watch the highlight shows...

UGA didn't have to load the box...they stopped our running game playing straight up...didn't have to commit extra players to stop the run and covered our WR's like glue....Got pressure from their front more than they should....They flat whipped our OL azzes...They had the blueprint and the players to execute the blueprint. That's 7 straight quarters they have executed it against us.

IMO we could have called somethings that might have helped...like using true screens (our WR screens were not working and we ran too many of them)...and we could have used our backs in the screen game and quick outs where there was a lot of green grass....Those things could have helped slow down their onslaught for a while...Who knows how long.

I remember when Fat Charlie was coaching Notre Dame and he schooled Chavis with our aggressive defense...Charlie true screened us to death the early part of the game and our defense was on it's heals the rest of the game....Brilliant coaching move by him. When your running game isn't working at all and they are coming....do something
I know that you are very knowledgeable so I have a question. I was thinking about what you said above and I agree with you, but how could we really run true screens with a QB who doesn’t drop back? I guess he could immediately backpeddle on screens but that would be a give-away, I think. Your post actually got me to thinking that this might be a real negative for our offense as it allows defenses to pin their ears back without fear of traditional screen passes.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2022, 02:14:55 EST »

If you want this program to get better, you want us in the CFP.  It tells recruits we are legit and worthy of their services.  Just breathe for a week and let’s focus on winning out.

Right. I get it. I'd be fired up if UT made it, and I know it would be huge for the program.   
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2022, 02:50:10 EST »

I know that you are very knowledgeable so I have a question. I was thinking about what you said above and I agree with you, but how could we really run true screens with a QB who doesn’t drop back? I guess he could immediately backpeddle on screens but that would be a give-away, I think. Your post actually got me to thinking that this might be a real negative for our offense as it allows defenses to pin their ears back without fear of traditional screen passes.

Have to do it like the flare passes to backs out of the backfield we run out in the flats....Ideally you want your QB to drop...let the defense through and throw it over them...I've never seen a QB do what Hooker does...and can't explain it. And yes...if he all of a sudden drops the defense will know something is up...Our statue would have moved for a reason...If he could pass on the run then get him out to make plays but his MO is he just doesn't pass on the run....

If nothing else...Pull the Longest Yard movie trick...Starting hitting them square in the nads. 
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2022, 02:58:40 EST »

Kansas City just threw the perfect pass to the back out in the flat out of the backfield for a TD....Have no idea why we never did that yesterday..If we were keeping a back in to block....it wasn't working.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2022, 03:00:08 EST »

Have to do it like the flare passes to backs out of the backfield we run out in the flats....Ideally you want your QB to drop...let the defense through and throw it over them...I've never seen a QB do what Hooker does...and can't explain it. And yes...if he all of a sudden drops the defense will know something is up...Our statue would have moved for a reason...If he could pass on the run then get him out to make plays but his MO is he just doesn't pass on the run....

If nothing else...Pull the Longest Yard movie trick...Starting hitting them square in the nads. 
That’s funny. Is that a personal foul?😂

With a qb who doesn’t take a drop, the OL cannot release to help block on the screen. I also don’t know why he plays like that. I never noticed any other CJH coached QB doing this, but maybe I’m wrong.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2022, 03:41:50 EST »

Their QB tried that with his first pass yesterday
He it Banks in the worse possible spot
.His Hands

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: