VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 09:41:18 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Report  (Read 572 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2022, 06:55:40 EST »

For the  first time in  the Hueple era the team came out flat and seemingly unprepared
We were flat outplayed

On offense we were just a little off.  On most nights we wouldn't have noticed it but Hooker was just a bit late or high several times tonight

I've come to realize the Pitt game wasn't  a fluke that the pair of Hooker and Tillman are a liability as Hooker looks first to Ced most every play
What that results in is that when Hooker does go to another receiver often the timing is off - saw that at least twice on passes to Hyatt

I noted it in the game thread but we went with 4 WRs a lot tonight and the pair of Hyatt and Squirrel together is a potent combination going forward
Bru didn't play the last 3/4 of the 2nd half, didn't appear injured on the sideline

On defense we flat sucked
The DL had ZERO pressure most of the night and the few times they got pressure we had no contain

The LBs were pretty much a non factor most of the night and were a huge liability in the throw game in zone or man

We played 4 corners tonight with near zero effectiveness by all 4
A few times that were in position (or should have been) to make plays and seemed to wonder what this object was coming their way
The two starters regressed badly from  the previous 2 games, the b/u demonstrated why they weren't starting

The safeties?  Best keep my moth shut

Bonus:  Can anybody in the secondary fizzleing tackle??????????????????????

Coaching? 
We had no answers with the defense, other than playing too much zone, that we have repeatedly demonstrated we can't play\

Also, we didn't handle the beat down well
We were VERY chippy
Hadden and Tillman were prime examples

At least I don't have to worry where I'm travelling to NY eve

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2022, 07:14:01 EST »

Pretty spot on....They were working on Bru's rib area they showed on TV...Got a feeling that has something to do with him being out?

Beamer out coached us tonight....from scheming to having his team ready. I've said it before and will say it again....Hooker standing still and not stepping into his throws will make it sail a lot of the time....I thought he didn't play well. Best of luck with his injury and gosh help us with Milton as the go to...We have no running game....it's awful and USC gave us fits due to it....UGA stopped the run and we were done like tonight.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 07:43:59 EST by Tnphil » Logged
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2022, 07:14:46 EST »

BTW, listened to Hueple post game as I was driving to the hotel.
At times, he sounded like a dad self censoring himself
He was flat pissed, as he should have been
Didn't throw the players under the bus, took it on himself but I suspect it will be a "scary" film session later today

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2022, 06:42:30 EST »

Smart people learn from mishaps, and Heupel seems like a smart guy.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2022, 07:53:56 EST »

BTW, listened to Hueple post game as I was driving to the hotel.
At times, he sounded like a dad self censoring himself
He was flat pissed, as he should have been
Didn't throw the players under the bus, took it on himself but I suspect it will be a "scary" film session later today

Post game presser he looked like he could eat cotton candy and crap out 10 penny nails...I've seen that look several times but not on Heupel like it was last night...

He's smart enough to know you don't get paid millions to give up 63 points to USCe....Now it's up to him to start fixing it.
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2022, 08:28:23 EST »

The DL had ZERO pressure most of the night and the few times they got pressure we had no contain

One of SC biggest weaknness this year was porous OL--we missed Banks here as our best pressure rusher, which also impacts DL opportunities.  We also showed almost no twists or deals, straight bull rushes

The LBs were pretty much a non factor most of the night and were a huge liability in the throw game in zone or man

Banks wouldn't have mattered here except possibly on some of the RB swing passes.  Our LBs are historically bad in zone, terrible drops & terrible eye discipline

We played 4 corners tonight with near zero effectiveness by all 4
A few times that were in position (or should have been) to make plays and seemed to wonder what this object was coming their way
The two starters regressed badly from  the previous 2 games, the b/u demonstrated why they weren't starting

We have zero cover corners with zero on-ball skills, can't play man-can't play zone, and one has a mouth that needs to sit him

The safeties?  Best keep my mouth shut

Can't read, can't cover, can't tackle

Bonus:  Can anybody in the secondary fizzleing tackle??????????????????????

Include our OLBs in this assessment
« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 09:58:06 EST by LouisVOL » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2022, 12:09:19 EST »

Pretty spot on....They were working on Bru's rib area they showed on TV...Got a feeling that has something to do with him being out?

Beamer out coached us tonight....from scheming to having his team ready. I've said it before and will say it again....Hooker standing still and not stepping into his throws will make it sail a lot of the time....I thought he didn't play well. Best of luck with his injury and gosh help us with Milton as the go to...We have no running game....it's awful and USC gave us fits due to it....UGA stopped the run and we were done like tonight.

First, let me say I agree the offense was off a bit.  Not their best night (not their best night and 38 points...I'll take that any day!)

But can you explain "no running game"??? we ran for 154 yards and averaged 5.4 per carry.  That's pretty decent.

I know stats are not everything, but can you 'splain that one a bit more?

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: