VTTW Board Index
April 18, 2024, 10:56:09 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any of you have any doubts about beating Vandy without Hooker?  (Read 841 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2022, 01:07:50 EST »

It shouldn't matter. We should beat Vandy with me at QB. Besides I think Milton will do better than we expect. I just hope they recover from that fiasco Saturday night and play lights out.

volsboyinsodak
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2022, 01:31:29 EST »

If the team that shows up in Nashville is the same team that we saw in Columbia on Saturday, Vandy could definitely defeat the Vols imo.
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2022, 02:38:25 EST »

Do we have to? If we beat them by 200... what do we prove? We were suppose to. If we had taken a different track My 'tude would be totally different. What if we stub our toe on the way down again? I can't even go back to the bama game and pick my spirits up. Bleau 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2022, 05:29:09 EST »

yes

after saturday anyone not worried about vandy is foolish

no Hooker
vandy beat UF
w.e.t.f. happened Saturday

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2022, 12:25:14 EST »

With our non-defense I've said for 2 seasons now that we can get beat by anybody if the offense is off...We are now without our play maker in Hooker and we have zero idea what we will get with Milton. Maybe we should get a WR ready to run some wildcat...It seems to always work against us...

It was so bad Sat night that I kept hoping a Sal coached defense would show up....That's how bad it was. Heupel is captain of this ship and he's 100% responsible for both sides of the ball. It will be interesting to see what he does after that cluster....Total defense is ranked 100 and pass defense is dead last at 131.
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2022, 03:20:55 EST »

Somebody actually proved what everyone said they saw with their eyes... Our offense seemed to be relegated to a gimmick. But in honesty our offense scored enough. Our defense couldn't stop a rain drop.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2022, 07:56:14 EST »

With our non-defense I've said for 2 seasons now that we can get beat by anybody if the offense is off...We are now without our play maker in Hooker and we have zero idea what we will get with Milton. Maybe we should get a WR ready to run some wildcat...It seems to always work against us...

It was so bad Sat night that I kept hoping a Sal coached defense would show up....That's how bad it was. Heupel is captain of this ship and he's 100% responsible for both sides of the ball. It will be interesting to see what he does after that cluster....Total defense is ranked 100 and pass defense is dead last at 131.

It was just ugly. I know they have been bad all year at pass D, but run D has been pretty solid. 

I am pretty sure there was some team dissension contributing as well.

Problem is, that might be worse.  It's like picking between the cat or dog variety on a shizzle sandwich.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Jedi Master
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2022, 03:33:26 EST »

I expect Milton will show out and UTk beats Vandy by 4 TDs.  Vols, something like 45-17 or 38-10.

I believe the Vols' defensive performance against USCe was an anomaly. 

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2022, 10:32:52 EST »

Surely we can win 35-24 or something. I'm more concerned about the defense holding Vandy below 30 than I am the offense scoring 30.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2022, 11:17:13 EST »

Crazy how this season has gone. We went from a possible playoff team to worried about beating Vandy. Will Hooker being injured keep us from a top tier bowl? This will definitely not be the same team without him.

volsboyinsodak
Creek Walker
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2022, 02:43:16 EST »

Only a blowhard would act confident that we're going to curb stomp Vandy. First, Vandy may be the most improved team in the SEC from Labor Day until now. They've won back to back games against teams that were once ranked at some point this season. Second, with 2021 Joe Milton at the helm, we aren't a lock to beat anybody. We HOPE that a much-improved Milton shows up Saturday. But although Milton has looked spectacular in mop-up duty this season, he looked a whole lot like 2021 Joe Milton after Hooker got hurt last week. We've known all along that Milton has all the physical tools and the problem is mental, so Saturday's performance would lead me to believe that nothing has changed. If Milton can take the field with the pressure off and just throw the ball around, he'll be okay. If there's any pressure on him, he's going to revert to the same ol' Milton. Third, we don't even know what's going on in the locker room. There has been a lot of speculation but not much to either confirm the rumors or put them to rest. If there is dissension in the ranks, then we probably lose to Vandy.

Let's not forget that we just got skull-dragged by a team that really isn't better than Vanderbilt.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: