VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 10:36:17 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are we about to get screwed out the Orange bowl?  (Read 387 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2022, 06:45:35 EST »

Lots of speculation that OSU, should they not make the CFP, will opt out of the Rose Bowl (since they went there last year) and take the Orange instead. This would bump PSU up to the Rose and knock us down to the Cotton, where we would play Tulane or some other G5 team.

So, everyone still ok with being ranked behind bammer and not going to the Sugar?

Also, don’t we hear every year from B10 people that the Rose Bowl is EVERYTHING, and in fact more important than winning a NC? Yeah right.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2022, 06:59:55 EST »

I don't think that will happen.

But if it does, is PSU really next in line?  I suppose they are.  But man would I love to see the Vols in the Rose Bowl with a Pac 12 team!  Its the one major bowl we have never won...

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2022, 07:09:07 EST »

But if it does, is PSU really next in line?  I suppose they are.  But man would I love to see the Vols in the Rose Bowl with a Pac 12 team!  Its the one major bowl we have never won...

The Rose Bowl is contractually obligated to take a Big Ten team.

I've had a sneaking suspicion all week that a Big Ten team winds up in the Orange Bowl. This is why the CFP rankings really matter. Really the only reason we aren't a lock for the Sugar Bowl is the CFP committee's Bama bias.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2022, 07:09:54 EST »

I think the rose is obligated to take B10/P12 in years they aren’t hosting a CFP game. But yeah, that would be a nice trip.

tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2022, 10:12:39 EST »

I wanted to say that two days ago but I thought a lot of people would cringe at the cost of travelling. Especially to California. Those prices must be murder right now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: