VTTW Board Index
April 30, 2024, 12:14:02 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So, if KSU beats TCU, Bama is #4? Really?  (Read 677 times)
10EC
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2022, 02:15:13 EST »

We are going take it that far up the tailpipe?
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2022, 02:54:25 EST »

I think, barring a real blowout, that TCU is in the playoffs. Having said that, it is a committee and it is Bama.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2022, 03:49:12 EST »

Some saying if TCU loses today and it's not a UT vs USCe bad loss then they are still in the playoffs. Some have said Bama might get in. All that was needed was USC to beat Utah last night to end the Bama discussion and today wouldn't matter for the Turds. Welp!

I said 2 weeks ago I will be shocked if they didn't figure out a way to get Bama in the playoffs...Some said I was wrong and Bama was done. Well...here we are today being TCU fans.

Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2022, 06:36:02 EST »

It is a dilemma. Do we root for TCU, knowing it knocks Alabama out of the playoff? Or do we root against TCU, knowing we get a spot in the Sugar Bowl if Bama is in the playoff?

I know where I stand. TCU by a hundred.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2022, 07:59:10 EST »

It is a dilemma. Do we root for TCU, knowing it knocks Alabama out of the playoff? Or do we root against TCU, knowing we get a spot in the Sugar Bowl if Bama is in the playoff?

I know where I stand. TCU by a hundred.

I’m still holding out (faint) hope that if TCU loses the committee will come to their senses, jump us over bammer, and we sneak into the playoffs through the back door. But I think TCU is in even if they lose today.

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2022, 08:11:51 EST »

I’m still holding out (faint) hope that if TCU loses the committee will come to their senses, jump us over bammer, and we sneak into the playoffs through the back door. But I think TCU is in even if they lose today.
The final decision on rankings for Tennessee vs Bama were made in last week's poll, imo. I don't think that there is any possible way that the committee would move Bama down when neither team played this week.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2022, 08:56:24 EST »

The final decision on rankings for Tennessee vs Bama were made in last week's poll, imo. I don't think that there is any possible way that the committee would move Bama down when neither team played this week.

All I know is that if TCU loses, the second the scoreboard hits 0:00 Heupel, White, and anyone else even remotely involved in UT athletics need to find the nearest microphone and start lobbying HARD.

10EC
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2022, 09:01:54 EST »

All I know is that if TCU loses, the second the scoreboard hits 0:00 Heupel, White, and anyone else even remotely involved in UT athletics need to find the nearest microphone and start lobbying HARD.

We make a MUCH better story than Bama. 
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2022, 09:50:36 EST »

We make a MUCH better story than Bama. 
I was never debating that. I agree completely.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2022, 10:16:07 EST »

it will be hard for us to get any sympathy votes for getting demoralized by USCe. Giving up 63 points is a killer. Rattler threw for about as many td's against the Vols as he threw in their other 11 games. Still a puzzler as to what happened. Will we ever know the truth? Do fans deserve to know the truth. Is it the fans business to be privy to the inside dealings of a team. I don't know.

volsboyinsodak
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2022, 02:29:53 EST »

it will be hard for us to get any sympathy votes for getting demoralized by USCe. Giving up 63 points is a killer. Rattler threw for about as many td's against the Vols as he threw in their other 11 games. Still a puzzler as to what happened. Will we ever know the truth? Do fans deserve to know the truth. Is it the fans business to be privy to the inside dealings of a team. I don't know.

Don't worry, no one on VTTW gets a vote so Bama had a 97% chance they will make it to the CFP before UT will

11B4PJ3F7
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: