VTTW Board Index
April 26, 2024, 12:01:27 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just announced...  (Read 1127 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2022, 03:44:59 EST »

Saban to be interviewed at halftime of the B10 game. He's doing what Heupel SHOULD be doing- lobbying for his team.

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2022, 03:50:04 EST »

As I recall, it wasn't that long ago that Saban took the stance that if you didn't win your conference championship you shouldn't be eligible for NC contention. 

Also, I doubt very seriously that CJH would be afforded the stage that Saban is offered. I think that Saban has already made his Alabama public service announcement on SECN tonight.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2022, 03:51:15 EST »

Saban was lobbying in his on field post game interview after beating Auburn.
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2022, 03:58:22 EST »

I think the best four teams are Georgia, Michigan, Ohio State and Tennessee. But if TCU gets left out for Alabama, Frog fans have every right to pitch an absolute temper tantrum. Alabama is a 2-loss team that finished fourth in its conference, and its best win was against Texas. TCU is a 1-loss team that also beat Texas, plus has a Top 10 win against Oklahoma State, and beat a total of 4 ranked teams. TCU's resume is definitely better than Alabama's.
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2022, 04:04:26 EST »

Btw, ESPN also has a story up where Saban was basically given an open forum to state his case. It's interesting how he refers to the media as "rat poison" when it's something he doesn't like, but he's making the rounds tonight to use the media to state his case. He's a hypocrite.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2022, 04:05:06 EST »

As I recall, it wasn't that long ago that Saban took the stance that if you didn't win your conference championship you shouldn't be eligible for NC contention. 

Also, I doubt very seriously that CJH would be afforded the stage that Saban is offered. I think that Saban has already made his Alabama public service announcement on SECN tonight.

Oh, there's no doubt that CJH would not be given that stage. But he COULD assemble the local media for a press availability.  It would be all over social media.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2022, 04:09:47 EST »

I keep hearing this "resume vs eye test" argument for bammer. Uh, don't they come up short in both? If anything, they've been LESS impressive than their record indicates this year.

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2022, 04:15:32 EST »

Saban wants them to look at the most recent games. How are teams playing at the end of the season, when his last 3 games were AU, Austin Peay, and Ole Miss. 
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2022, 04:21:35 EST »

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1599241673787068418?s=46&t=gIQpuZorjGUk0FuNp0XVMg
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2022, 04:29:33 EST »

Oh, there's no doubt that CJH would not be given that stage. But he COULD assemble the local media for a press availability.  It would be all over social media.
I don't disagree with this.
Creek Walker
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2022, 04:30:42 EST »

Saban wants them to look at the most recent games. How are teams playing at the end of the season, when his last 3 games were AU, Austin Peay, and Ole Miss. 

During that stretch, Alabama failed to cover against Ole Miss, failed to cover against Austin Peay, and barely covered against a weak Auburn team with no coach. 1-2 against the spread in that 3-game winning streak. Sure, let's look at the end of the season. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2022, 04:34:44 EST »

Btw, ESPN also has a story up where Saban was basically given an open forum to state his case. It's interesting how he refers to the media as "rat poison" when it's something he doesn't like, but he's making the rounds tonight to use the media to state his case. He's a hypocrite.

A hypocrite, a D-bag, an ass--le, a ....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2022, 04:40:53 EST »

Yes, he's a hypocrite, but he is also an opportunist. He is doing exactly what he should be doing. Everyone in a school's athletic department should be lobbying for their school to get in the playoff.

UT has no shot, but I would hope that they would be creating noise. Can't hurt.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2022, 05:51:20 EST »

Agree...If you don't build yourself up nobody else will.
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2022, 03:05:41 EST »

We let USc beat us. BAD. Plus we are wounded.
wtkvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2022, 07:06:02 EST »

He would be given that stage if he had won 7 NC
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2022, 09:18:26 EST »

He would be given that stage if he had won 7 NC

By cheating his arse off at recruiting 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: