VTTW Board Index
June 07, 2024, 12:30:29 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Chattanooga at Tennessee, August 31, 2024, 12:45 p.m. ET, SEC Network. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Cocks are losing valuable players....  (Read 665 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: December 13, 2022, 12:35:54 EST »

MarShawn Lloyd has entered the portal. Jaheim Bell has already committed to FSU.

A Gamecock friend of mine told me this weekend that SC has practically no NIL program.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2022, 03:53:55 EST »

Some school's administration apparently think NIL will be heavily regulated. Barnhart at UK is one, which is rich considering the "whispers" about their basketball program since forever.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 04:17:22 EST by SmokeyJoe » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2022, 04:42:34 EST »

Some school's administration apparently think NIL will be heavily regulated. Barnhart at UK is one, which is rich considering the "whispers" about their basketball program since forever.

lol more like "shouting from the mountain tops" about their program.

I've said this before, but Calipari's last two stops were UMass and Memphis.  In both cases, they went on probation right after he left for violations that occurred while he was there.  Then when he got to UK, suddenly they were landing every top 10 player they wanted, seemingly.  Most likely not a coincidence!

Similar to Saban IMO, with the difference that Saban is actually a good coach and Calipari is average at best. He has way underachieved with the talent that UK has had, IMO.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2022, 05:34:18 EST »

I've been watching coach Leach specials on SECN. One interview he said about the NIL..."Right now we have unlimited free agency and no salary cap....it can't be sustained.  The NFL even figured that out."
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2022, 10:12:50 EST »

I've been watching coach Leach specials on SECN. One interview he said about the NIL..."Right now we have unlimited free agency and no salary cap....it can't be sustained.  The NFL even figured that out."

He is absolutely right.  This is what happens when Congress gets involved, even if their intentions were good (the road to hell, etc.  )

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2022, 12:42:46 EST »

He is absolutely right.  This is what happens when Congress gets involved, even if their intentions were good (the road to hell, etc.  )

The Supreme Court made a decision. What has Congress done to date? They have been asked to intervene, by no less than the Power 5 conferences, but to my knowledge have done nothing to date.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2022, 03:19:21 EST by SmokeyJoe » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2022, 07:10:17 EST »

The Supreme Court made a decision. What has Congress done to date? They have been asked to intervene, by no less than the Power 5 conferences, but to my knowledge have done nothing to date.

Made a lot of noise and threatened to do something

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2022, 02:51:03 EST »

I’m no expert, but I don’t see how Congress can do anything. If they step in and try to set limits, they will be dancing all over the Constitution, it seems. The court basically said that these kids can benefit from their NIL. I don’t see how legislation can be established to govern that, but again, I’m no legal expert.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: