VTTW Board Index
April 23, 2024, 03:16:37 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dobbs is starting for the Titans tonight  (Read 1045 times)
Creek Walker
« on: December 29, 2022, 09:06:14 EST »

Probably going to be a miserable showing, given all of the Titans' injuries. But, still, a good excuse to watch. Happy for Dobbs to get a shot.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2022, 09:34:05 EST »

Probably going to be a miserable showing, given all of the Titans' injuries. But, still, a good excuse to watch. Happy for Dobbs to get a shot.

They are using their best option to make the playoffs. They were 7-3 & are 7-8 now lol... OL is turrble. Maybe Dobbs can make it interesting with his legs.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 09:50:02 EST by SmokeyJoe » Logged
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2022, 10:11:27 EST »

Good for Dobbs...In a way. Titans are sitting most of what they have thats not out injured or on the IR and saving them for the Jacksonville game next week which will be for the division championship. This game tonight means nothing for the Titans win or lose.

I hate that Dobbs will be playing with the backups in what will pretty much be like a preseason game. And I can't see it because its on Amazon Prime that I don't get.
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2022, 10:18:36 EST »

The Titans couldn't say I hate you any more to Dobbs. Run for your life buddy! Wait a minute... let me see who they play before I say that although... this is pro football... 11-4! Ru sure you want to play in the NFL? I can't watch.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 10:21:08 EST by tshadow » Logged
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2022, 02:50:47 EST »

Dobbs don't look too bad. They could learn how to catch what's thrown to them. It's why they get paid.
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2022, 03:00:23 EST »

Dobbs don't look too bad. They could learn how to catch what's thrown to them. It's why they get paid.

I don't watch much NFL football so I don't know what happened to the Titans between 7-3 and 7-8 (besides a bunch of injuries, obviously) but this team is atrocious.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2022, 03:01:53 EST »

Good for Dobbs...In a way. Titans are sitting most of what they have thats not out injured or on the IR and saving them for the Jacksonville game next week which will be for the division championship. This game tonight means nothing for the Titans win or lose.

I hate that Dobbs will be playing with the backups in what will pretty much be like a preseason game. And I can't see it because its on Amazon Prime that I don't get.

I have been tuning the Titans out progressively since the slide began. I didn't realize they were sitting players. My bad. I still think Dobbs could start next week. Malik Willis may get better, but he is terrible right now. At any rate, Dobbs is being compensated very well. He has put together a decent little career as backup QB. Best job in football  
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 03:46:59 EST by SmokeyJoe » Logged
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2022, 03:09:54 EST »

I don't watch much NFL football so I don't know what happened to the Titans between 7-3 and 7-8 (besides a bunch of injuries, obviously) but this team is atrocious.

I don't rile things up very much anymore   I'm just a loyal Vol fan, but I've never understood the all or nothing with pro, or college. Two distinctly different products... BUT the NFL is king without question. Where do the college players want to be? Also never understood not watching because SOME players chose silent, peaceful protest over police brutality. I stand for the anthem, but big deal if others don't. That's freedom.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 03:13:29 EST by SmokeyJoe » Logged
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2022, 03:11:50 EST »

Loved Manning as a Vol. He was a friendly enemy as a Colt. Never understood East Tennessee's animosity toward the Titans. Oh well. Go Vols! 
Creek Walker
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2022, 03:13:44 EST »

I don't rile things up very much anymore  I'm just a loyal Vol fans, but I've never understood the all or nothing with pro, or college. Two distinctly different products... BUT the NFL king without question. Where do the college players want to be? Also never understood not watching because SOME players chose silent, peaceful protest over police brutality. I stand for the anthem, but big deal if others don't. That's freedom.

Kinda odd little rant there but you do you!
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2022, 03:18:28 EST »

Kinda odd little rant there but you do you!

Not really. Others occasionally do odd little rants at times. Kinda directed at TShadow, but we don't speak.   
Creek Walker
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2022, 03:19:04 EST »

Loved Manning as a Vol. He was a friendly enemy as a Colt. Never understood East Tennessee's animosity toward the Titans. Oh well. Go Vols! 

That one is easy. East Tennessee Vols fans saw the Titans as being Nashville's answer to UT football and the Titans have never really done much to endear themselves to East Tennessee. The fact that they started off in Memphis didn't help matters any, since we all know that Memphis should actually be in Arkansas.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2022, 03:21:40 EST »

That one is easy. East Tennessee Vols fans saw the Titans as being Nashville's answer to UT football and the Titans have never really done much to endear themselves to East Tennessee. The fact that they started off in Memphis didn't help matters any, since we all know that Memphis should actually be in Arkansas.

Nashville is our state's flagship city. It is not a college town. Has nothing to do with Knoxville or UT. Lordy.
Creek Walker
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2022, 03:29:08 EST »

Btw, if you think East Tennessee hates the Titans you have never been to Memphis. Memphians' hate for the Titans far exceeds Knoxvillians'.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2022, 03:31:58 EST »

Btw, if you think East Tennessee hates the Titans you have never been to Memphis. Memphians' hate for the Titans far exceeds Knoxvillians'.

I'm aware of Memphis' jealousy. Too bad, how sad. They got an NBA team out of it. That is my NBA team.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2022, 04:20:46 EST »

I'm aware of Memphis' jealousy. Too bad, how sad. They got an NBA team out of it. That is my NBA team.
Bud Adams screwed Memphis, right after he screwed Houston

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Creek Walker
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2022, 04:50:53 EST »

Dobbs hasn't played poorly for a guy who arrived to the team 8 days ago and is making his first career start. His WRs haven't done him many favors with all the drops.

Officiating hasn't helped the Titans any, either. Ticky-tack DPI and roughing the passer penalties being called in the Cowboys' favor aren't going the other way.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2022, 07:24:56 EST »

Dobbs hasn't played poorly for a guy who arrived to the team 8 days ago and is making his first career start. His WRs haven't done him many favors with all the drops.

Officiating hasn't helped the Titans any, either. Ticky-tack DPI and roughing the passer penalties being called in the Cowboys' favor aren't going the other way.

I think Dobbs will start against the Jags. They have a chance to make the playoffs as an 8-9 team lol ... they are guaranteed 1 round exit even if they make it. Tannehill is definitely gone, Lewan will retire, and I personally think Henry's best days are behind him. I think Vrabel survives.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2022, 05:16:34 EST »

I'm pulling for Dobbs....but starting him against Jacksonville they will be admitting they made a huge mistake drafting Willis. Dobbs has been pretty much back and forth with 6 teams over 7 seasons and starting him will pretty much tell the world they really screwed up. Dobbs gives them the best chance to win a game they have no business winning but the NFL is a strange bird group.....I've always  been amazed how they fire a coach over here and he's hired over there....one fired over there is then hired over here. They just retread fired coaches until they get to old to coach or they die.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2022, 07:52:35 EST »

I'm pulling for Dobbs....but starting him against Jacksonville they will be admitting they made a huge mistake drafting Willis. Dobbs has been pretty much back and forth with 6 teams over 7 seasons and starting him will pretty much tell the world they really screwed up. Dobbs gives them the best chance to win a game they have no business winning but the NFL is a strange bird group.....I've always  been amazed how they fire a coach over here and he's hired over there....one fired over there is then hired over here. They just retread fired coaches until they get to old to coach or they die.

Lol... Lots nepotism too. Very American, well actually very human.  They know they've made draft mistakes. They fired the GM mid-season. I don't think they win. Jacksonville is hungry, but the Titans have dominated them over the years. I will check my Score app intermittently.  
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 07:54:15 EST by SmokeyJoe » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: