VTTW Board Index
April 26, 2024, 04:31:10 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jaylen Wright gets NIL deal........  (Read 871 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2023, 05:09:11 EST »

So, he will be staying.

https://www.rockytopinsider.com/2023/01/05/tennessee-running-back-jaylen-wright-inks-new-nil-deal-will-remain-in-knoxville/
10EC
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2023, 05:28:55 EST »

I’m not sure this is good… :/

Feels kinda strong arm
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2023, 02:09:52 EST »

I would think that this is where the game is headed with NIL and the portal.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2023, 04:49:36 EST »

yup

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2023, 05:11:29 EST »

Right. Wonder why they were dragging their feet, IF they were? The 2 & sometimes 1 back is pretty important on any roster. That said, I would assume the model will be the NFL on a smaller scale. Some guys make multiple millions, and some make low-mid 6 figures. The team can cut/waive anyone they choose, whenever they choose. It appears that for once UT is positioned as well as any school at this time.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2023, 05:33:44 EST »

We will never know the what and why....From now on it will be a NIL issue.....Well he left because he got more money....or we got him because we offered more money. Its now a built-in excuse. So kids won't go to a school anymore because thats just where he wants to play?

And based on things I've heard and read for several weeks is Spyre is the cutting edge and great leader of the NIL etc...etc....If so why aren't we at least in the top 5 recruiting in the country when Butch Jones had a couple of top 5 classes before NIL came along? I can't figure out why Spyre is the best but there are several schools ranked higher.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2023, 07:37:27 EST »

We will never know the what and why....From now on it will be a NIL issue.....Well he left because he got more money....or we got him because we offered more money. Its now a built-in excuse. So kids won't go to a school anymore because thats just where he wants to play?

And based on things I've heard and read for several weeks is Spyre is the cutting edge and great leader of the NIL etc...etc....If so why aren't we at least in the top 5 recruiting in the country when Butch Jones had a couple of top 5 classes before NIL came along? I can't figure out why Spyre is the best but there are several schools ranked higher.

247 has UT 9th & On3 has them 12th in rankings. That's high enough to be able to coach em up. If Heupel has done anything it would be doing more with less. It seems to me that would be a necessary ingredient for any rebuild... Doing more with less talent. You also, I would think, want to be smart in how you spent. Take both Texas schools as examples of doing less with more talent. Also, there is probably a trailing effect for kids. Going into 2022, UT was still relatively bad. They made a statement this year.  "Should" payoff going forward.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 07:39:08 EST by SmokeyJoe » Logged
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2023, 07:43:04 EST »

Of course I remain 100% confused on how NIL is actually working on the ground in reality and free of speculation 
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2023, 07:49:37 EST »

As does Squirrel, Keyton and Beasley

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2023, 08:07:54 EST »

Money well spent IMHO. The cost of acquisition is much higher than the cost of retention.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2023, 08:13:44 EST »

IMO he needs to learn how to hold on to the ball before he cashes any checks.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 11:53:40 EST by Tnphil » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2023, 08:35:55 EST »

There are many surprises with NIL.  I thought it would cut bammer's historic lead in recruiting. It appeared to last year.  This year they appear to have perhaps their best class ever, and that's saying something. 

I guess it would figure Satan would learn to manage NIL.  He is the Master of Recruiting (and 'bating!).

Going forward, I hope teams do cut into the bammer recruiting empire. Its high time someone other than uga did.

If I was Bezos, I'd be tempted to throw a billion at bammers offer list every year to go ....anywhere else.   

Well...anywhere outside of SEC, let's say.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2023, 08:56:36 EST »

There are many surprises with NIL.  I thought it would cut bammer's historic lead in recruiting. It appeared to last year.  This year they appear to have perhaps their best class ever, and that's saying something. 

I guess it would figure Satan would learn to manage NIL.  He is the Master of Recruiting (and 'bating!).

Going forward, I hope teams do cut into the bammer recruiting empire. Its high time someone other than uga did.

If I was Bezos, I'd be tempted to throw a billion at bammers offer list every year to go ....anywhere else.   

Well...anywhere outside of SEC, let's say.

Whatchoo talkin’ bout Willis????   Bammer has been doing their own NIL for 50 years!   Of course it’s gonna take a few years for everyone else to catch up!   

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2023, 04:48:27 EST »

Whatchoo talkin’ bout Willis????   Bammer has been doing their own NIL for 50 years!   Of course it’s gonna take a few years for everyone else to catch up!   
[/quote

Exactly 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: