VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 03:36:27 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Built a new gaming PC and just installed Flight Simulator….  (Read 636 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 21, 2023, 10:48:25 EST »

It’s…. Overwhelming at first.  

What are a few things that I should do/see first??

I can run it on Ultra and have a new 160gz ultra wide monitor too.   
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2023, 11:35:00 EST »

I have it on XB, so mine probably doesn’t run quite as well as yours.

Some cities are more detailed than others. I was a bit disappointed with Knoxville and Chattanooga, but there are probably mods out by now that have addressed that. I haven’t played it in a few months.

I like to fly over places that are in the news. Some of the first places I explored were Kabul, Wuhan, and, yes, Epstein Island. 

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2023, 11:37:08 EST »

So I know time of day is current… is weather really real time too??
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2023, 11:42:53 EST »

So I know time of day is current… is weather really real time too??

I believe that can be toggled on and off. Not something I’ve tried- I usually just prefer to fly in clear daylight conditions. But it would be cool to fly through a hurricane or something. Might have to try that this summer.

BTW, if you’re into driving games, you should really check out Forza Horizon 5. It’s probably the best looking game out there right now.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2023, 12:07:03 EST »

I believe that can be toggled on and off. Not something I’ve tried- I usually just prefer to fly in clear daylight conditions. But it would be cool to fly through a hurricane or something. Might have to try that this summer.

BTW, if you’re into driving games, you should really check out Forza Horizon 5. It’s probably the best looking game out there right now.

Yes, I realized Game Pass gives me access to all of this for $10 a month so Forza is something I’ve downloaded and am looking forward to trying.  My head is spinning with the quantity and quality of games on Game Pass. 

As you’ve probably read or even experienced, Sonys attempt at a Game Pass like subscription…. Well, it ain’t Microsoft’s Game Pass.   
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2023, 12:14:54 EST »

Yes, I realized Game Pass gives me access to all of this for $10 a month so Forza is something I’ve downloaded and am looking forward to trying.  My head is spinning with the quantity and quality of games on Game Pass. 

As you’ve probably read or even experienced, Sonys attempt at a Game Pass like subscription…. Well, it ain’t Microsoft’s Game Pass.   

Yeah. That was disappointing. But I’m sure they’ll eventually come around. Whenever they get day one exclusives like MS, I’m in. They’ll have to at some point to remain competitive. With all the studios MS has acquired recently, they’re not lagging behind in exclusive content  like they used to. And with it all available day one on GP, that’s pretty strong.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2023, 03:30:31 EST »

Do you guys have Google Game Pass? I get it free with my Verizon phone subscription but the couple of times I tried to log in failed and I wasn't that motivated to fix it.

Is it worthwhile at all?  (assuming you use it)

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2023, 12:19:50 EST »

Do you guys have Google Game Pass? I get it free with my Verizon phone subscription but the couple of times I tried to log in failed and I wasn't that motivated to fix it.

Is it worthwhile at all?  (assuming you use it)

Sorry, haven't used that one.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2023, 12:46:37 EST »

What flight simulator is the best...or is it mostly personal preference? Are there night and day differences in them?

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: