VTTW Board Index
April 23, 2024, 03:08:11 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The murder weapon in the bammer hoops case…  (Read 1099 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2023, 03:39:29 EST »

…was supplied by none other than Brandon Miller. Who remains on the team and has missed zero time. Nate Oats has some ‘splaining to do.  

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/35707831/police-alabama-star-brandon-miller-provided-gun-used-shooting

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2023, 03:45:52 EST »

According to the article, it was Miles' gun but he texted Miller to bring it to him. Apparently, that isn't a crime. And, of course, Bama will probably overlook the technicality.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2023, 03:50:37 EST »

According to the article, it was Miles' gun but he texted Miller to bring it to him. Apparently, that isn't a crime. And, of course, Bama will probably overlook the technicality.

It’s Tuscaloosa. I wouldn’t be shocked to learn that Miller was the actual trigger man and the cops are protecting him. 

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2023, 01:22:59 EST »

1) Bama beat writers are to blame for this staying under wraps so long. They're mouthpieces for the AD.

2) Perhaps Miller not being charged is typical DA garbage for a cooperating witness, but it seems to be more than that.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2023, 02:43:59 EST »

I would think that delivering the gun could be considered aiding & abetting. Many people are in prison for same. Maybe his cooperation is the difference?  Seems fishy, and looks really bad.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2023, 04:16:19 EST »

I would think that delivering the gun could be considered aiding & abetting. Many people are in prison for same. Maybe his cooperation is the difference?  Seems fishy, and looks really bad.

Agreed. And the blocking in is just as bad.

As an aside, if you have time to text you are not in fear of imminent bodily harm.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2023, 05:42:39 EST »

The DA states in the article "there is nothing we can charge him with".  I am inclined to believe that. I doubt a DA would baldly lie about anything, even in Tuskalooser.  What do you think though?  I are not an attorney.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2023, 06:31:27 EST »

https://twitter.com/austin_vols/status/1628445422472552448?s=61&t=rG3CpEjI9_5DBU7iUEmA3A

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2023, 08:31:47 EST »

You mean Pat Forde is off UTs ass long enough to write this?

https://www.si.com/college/2023/02/22/nate-oats-alabama-offer-little-in-wake-of-murder-investigation
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2023, 11:25:36 EST »

Agreed. And the blocking in is just as bad.

What do you mean by "blocking in"? Did I miss something in the story?
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2023, 05:38:38 EST »

Miller had 41 tonight. I'm glad to see that he overcame his difficulties. 
10EC
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2023, 01:40:13 EST »

Miller had 41 tonight. I'm glad to see that he overcame his difficulties. 

Just saw a news flash that the NCAA has ruled him ineligible immediately.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2023, 03:03:54 EST »

Just saw a news flash that the NCAA has ruled him ineligible immediately.
That has not happened, yet
Bamer says he will NOT be suspended

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2023, 04:20:08 EST »

Pretty sure the NCAA has no jurisdiction here, unless one of their bylaws was specifically broken. They overstepped in the Penn State case, they won’t do that again.

It’s all on bammer to do the right thing, and that’s clearly not going to happen.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2023, 01:00:49 EST »

I'm having a hard time piecing together exactly what happened.

Here is what I know.

Someone not on the team shot and killed a woman.

A scrub on the team literally handed the gun to the killer, and is charged with aiding and abbetting and no longer on the team.

Miles "delivered the gun to the two suspects".

So it seems to me a technicality that Player A delivered to Player B who gives gun to killer.   

Timing matters I suppose. Did Miles tell them where the gun was, and/or deliver it, prior to the confrontation that led to the shooting? 

I just don't have a clear picture of the timeline or even exact events. I heard there was a text describing the location of the weapon also, and not even sure who sent it.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2023, 01:04:58 EST »

Okay, here is another version

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/22/us/darius-miles-murder-charge-university-alabama-basketball/index.html

So.  Miller, who is charged as an accomplice, texted Miles to bring Millers weapon to the scene.

That does seem like something that could be charged.  But I am not a DA.

My guess is that since it was not his weapon he cannot be charged.  But that is very sketchy.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2023, 04:01:12 EST »

What do you mean by "blocking in"? Did I miss something in the story?

Miller's car was blocking that of the victim, who could not drive out of the parking lot.  And had two bullet holes in the window.

To me, if he intentionally blocked the car, he needs to be charged. 

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2023, 04:59:37 EST »

Miller's car was blocking that of the victim, who could not drive out of the parking lot.  And had two bullet holes in the window.

To me, if he intentionally blocked the car, he needs to be charged.  

Right! I guarantee there are many in prison that are less accomplice than he is. Just WOW!   Then again the DA calls the shots   I can only assume the cooperation is the factor keeping Miller uncharged. What a crazy ass story!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 05:01:53 EST by SmokeyJoe » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: