VTTW Board Index
April 18, 2024, 04:49:54 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Everything stacked against Vols....  (Read 603 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2023, 12:37:30 EDT »

No Zeigler. Win one and play Duke. And we are the "Big Upset" game as picked by the CBS talking heads. 
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2023, 12:40:21 EDT »

We always seem to get fizzleed in the draw. Duke is a red hot team

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2023, 12:48:58 EDT »

Win and they aren't in this position. Going 5-7 since February 1st will do that.

On another note, I think that the committee punked Buzz Williams for his comments after missing the tourney last year. A&M a 7 seed and Auburn an 8? A&M having to play PSU in round 1 and then potentially Texas in round 2 is tough.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2023, 12:55:17 EDT »

I dunno. No one in this region is untouchable. Am I expecting to play past Thursday? Probably not, but considering our late season swoon a four may be generous.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2023, 12:56:27 EDT »

So many hateable teams in our quadrant. I’d rather lose in the first round than get knocked out by Duke, Purdue, or Tiger High.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2023, 12:56:33 EDT »

Win and they aren't in this position. Going 5-7 since February 1st will do that.

On another note, I think that the committee punked Buzz Williams for his comments after missing the tourney last year. A&M a 7 seed and Auburn an 8? A&M having to play PSU in round 1 and then potentially Texas in round 2 is tough.

Playing a pitiful OOC schedule and playing dang near all the tough teams at home got them in the seeding.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2023, 12:58:02 EDT »

So many hateable teams in our quadrant. I’d rather lose in the first round than get knocked out by Duke, Purdue, or Tiger High.

We would have been better off getting KYs 6 seed. 

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2023, 01:23:54 EDT »

Playing a pitiful OOC schedule and playing dang near all the tough teams at home got them in the seeding.
They did have a turrible OOC schedule, but they finished 2nd in the SEC in both the regular season and the tourney. I think that even with their weak OOC schedule they should have been higher.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2023, 01:43:49 EDT »

IMO if they'd played our schedule they wouldn't have finished 2nd in the regular season.

I don't put much stock in the conference tourneys...Teams get matchups and can get hot over a 3 day stretch. Some Texas directional school beat Grambling yesterday and got the auto bid to the NCAAs with a 12-20 record. Tied the record for the most losses to get into the tournament...UGA got hot a few years back and won the SECT with a losing record and knocked a 23 win team out of the NCAAs. Total BS IMO.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 01:46:22 EDT by Tnphil » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2023, 11:05:58 EDT »

No, Purdue is great! 

FTR, I am pissed about the bowl game, but what seems to be a pretty big majority of UT fans thinks the call against us in the tourney a few years ago was correct.  You can be the exception, just be aware that you are.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2023, 12:11:15 EDT »

No, Purdue is great!  

FTR, I am pissed about the bowl game, but what seems to be a pretty big majority of UT fans thinks the call against us in the tourney a few years ago was correct.  You can be the exception, just be aware that you are.

First of all, you say “call”- singular, as if there was only one. There were were actually THREE in the final :05 of regulation. All wrong, all in their favor.

It’s done, there’s no point in arguing about it now. But yeah, fizzle Purdue. If they play the homicide crew from Tuscaloosa I’ll pull for them, but that’s about it.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2023, 02:17:23 EDT »

I do wish we had that big dude from Purdue. Barnes would probably have his ass sitting on the bench however.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 02:19:00 EDT by Tnphil » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: