VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 05:02:26 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GameDay crew can kiss my Azz  (Read 642 times)
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2023, 06:08:06 EDT »

They just said.... that give UT credit they won the game and were the tougher team but the game was way too physical.

That bald headed former coach Selph (?) on the crew said it was the worst officiated game he's ever seen....And durning the game he texted with former and current refs....and NBA people and they agreed it was the worst officiated game.....He said he coached defense in his day of coaching...but this isn't how defense is allowed to be played in today's basketball. It reminded him of the dirty Detroit Pistons defense back in the day....with the pushing...hand checking...elbowing. etc. Said the game tone was set when Uros didn't and should have gotten a flagrant one on the elbow to the face...Refs set the tone right there and that's not Dukes game!!

They can KISS MY ASS!
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2023, 06:14:27 EDT »

It looked like any other basketball game to me. Barkley and the crew in studio were very complimentary of UT's physical game. fizzle em! 
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2023, 08:32:55 EDT »

Other than the first foul by Uros, the elbow after he got the rebound, I think it was just a well-called, physical basketball game.  Yes, it was more physical than Duke would have liked, but if that is the worst officiated game that you've ever seen then I think that you are either biased, a liar, or lead a very sheltered life.

Having said that, imo the first foul on Uros should have been an F1.  According to the NCAA website, "A flagrant 1 foul is two shots and the ball and that means excessive in nature or unnecessary or avoidable, uncalled for or not required by the circumstances of the play."

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say that it wasn't excessive, but it fits all of the other criteria.  If you go back and watch the play, Uros steps backward to be able to land the blow and doesn't even move his left hand to the basketball to make the outlet pass until after he has delivered the message.

There were no other fouls in that game that even came close to F1 level, but I think that one did.
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2023, 08:38:31 EDT »

The first hip check no call was on the first layup for points. Basketball is called so inconsistently I'm never sure what is actually a foul. But it looked to me like Duke started the physicality.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2023, 10:45:33 EDT »

Bilas played for Duke.  No surprise he's in his feels.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2023, 10:53:32 EDT »

Bilas played for Duke.  No surprise he's in his feels.

I think that's why Seth Greenberg is the one that complained about the refs and let UT play physical...If Bilas had complained he would have looked like the whiney bitch he really is.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2023, 11:02:56 EDT »

Just watch- our next game will be called tighter than any this season. We’ll probably have 4 starters on the bench with 2 fouls well before halftime, and Uros still out there playing with 3-4.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2023, 11:23:58 EDT »

I have a different take TnPhil...I will just enjoy laughing at them.  Do they realize how ridiculous they look? Widdle dookey-wookey got huwt. Widdle dookey is just a widdle boy and can't defend himself.  Widdle dookey is momma's favowite boy!  Its not wight!   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2023, 11:26:59 EDT »

Just watch- our next game will be called tighter than any this season. We’ll probably have 4 starters on the bench with 2 fouls well before halftime, and Uros still out there playing with 3-4.

agree....They will start calling fouls on us during pregame. You can bet your azz we won't see that officiating crew again.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2023, 11:27:46 EDT »

Unfortunately this may be true.  If it's Farleigh Dickinson, I don't think it will matter.  If FAU, IMO they are just as physical and hopefully the calls will go both ways.

I don't think we come out as physical in any case.

Barnes realized that Duke is a prissy finesse team and exploited them.  Likely we back off the next opponent.

Just my $0.02, but the first five minutes will be interesting.  Final thought....there are worse things than Plasvic fouling out.  Hell, that might even be  a good thing. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2023, 11:47:50 EDT »

Unfortunately this may be true.  If it's Farleigh Dickinson, I don't think it will matter.  If FAU, IMO they are just as physical and hopefully the calls will go both ways.

I don't think we come out as physical in any case.

Barnes realized that Duke is a prissy finesse team and exploited them.  Likely we back off the next opponent.

Just my $0.02, but the first five minutes will be interesting.  Final thought....there are worse things than Plasvic fouling out.  Hell, that might even be  a good thing. 

That’s why they never pull him for foul trouble. When he got his second yesterday, they sat him initially, but he was back out there 5 minutes later. Most guys you want to protect so they’re on the floor in crunch time. But no such worries with Uros- with his FT shooting, they want him nowhere near the floor in crunch time.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: