VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 04:44:16 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: List your top 5 games this past fall  (Read 634 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2023, 01:43:50 EDT »

Mine:

1. 52-49 - nothing more needs to be said, other than it was "just business"

2. LSU - going into Death Valley and taking over the stadium as the VOLS destroyed the BenGal tigers, awesome (don't believe me, ask BDV!)

3. Stomping the croc ghost - We killed a LOT of demons that Saturday

4. Stomping the blue kittens with REAL football!  Just dominated the "alleged" best college QB and they played a bar of "scary" Rocky Top pregame and brought the General's house down!

5. Bazooka Joe's coming out party in the Orange Bowl  Though in my mind Beasley's 12 tackle (4 TFLs) earned him the MVP

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2023, 07:32:55 EDT »

Mine:

1. 52-49 - nothing more needs to be said, other than it was "just business"

2. LSU - going into Death Valley and taking over the stadium as the VOLS destroyed the BenGal tigers, awesome (don't believe me, ask BDV!)

3. Stomping the croc ghost - We killed a LOT of demons that Saturday

4. Stomping the blue kittens with REAL football!  Just dominated the "alleged" best college QB and they played a bar of "scary" Rocky Top pregame and brought the General's house down!

5. Bazooka Joe's coming out party in the Orange Bowl  Though in my mind Beasley's 12 tackle (4 TFLs) earned him the MVP

DITTO! 
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2023, 01:41:51 EDT »

I really can’t disagree with any of those. 👍🏻👍🏻
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2023, 04:42:57 EDT »

Yeah, that pretty much nails it. 

It’s still surreal to me that we had a season of SO MANY highs, so soon after the lowest of the lows.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2023, 05:21:59 EDT »

The only thing that’s even arguable is maybe you could substitute Pitt for UK (I wouldn’t). But that’s about it.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2023, 06:24:29 EDT »

The only thing that’s even arguable is maybe you could substitute Pitt for UK (I wouldn’t). But that’s about it.
Yeah Pitt might be a close 6th but stomping the over hyped Levis is such a convincing manner carries the day IMO

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2023, 07:19:23 EDT »

1. tiglets 
2. Bama
3. Florida
4. LSU
5. Kentucky
Jedi Master
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2023, 10:15:25 EDT »

1.  27-13.  Probably the biggest game in Sanford Stadium history.  AP & Coaches #1 vs. CFP #1.   At the end, the Dawgs left no doubt who was #1.  Physical domination, game control throughout.  Nah Erik, Sanford doesn't get all that loud.

2. 65-7.  A natty that I could enjoy.  No anxiety at all.  Physical domination and game control throughout.  Winning a natty is HARD, but the Dawgs made this look easy.  By the way, what did this game say about Michigan?

3. 49-3.  So, Oregon was supposed to be a test.  Physical domination and game control.  After losing all those 1st rounders, and 15 overall to the draft, this was UGA's statement game.  Dawgs didn't rebuild, they reloaded.  And Stetson was in complete comfort and control.

4. 42-41.  Oh my, the Peach Bowl. Down double-digits in the 4th, these Dawgs would not quit.  When they had to make plays, they did.  And they had to make every single one late in the game to pull it out.  Yes, we were lucky as hell when the clock struck midnight, but OSU knows better than to put it all on the line with a kicker.

5.  48-7, at USCe.   For some reason, a few Bama fans over the summer were warning us about going on the road and playing Spencer Rattler.  Telling us this was a trap game.  Dawgs responded with physical domination, and pure game control.  Broke their spirit on the road.  Yeah, these Dawgs can hunt.

Honorable mentions:  

LSU/SECC: Win put UGA in 2nd place by itself in regards of most SEC football championships.  First TD from blocked FG was very strange, at least to the LSU FG defense who apparently weren't coached up on the live kick rules. 
UF, beat our biggest rival by 3 TDs.  But lost game control for most of the 3rd quarter, which was strange.  
AU, beat another rival by 32 at home.  Physical domination and game control.
Mizzou, squeaked out a win on the road.  Made clutch plays in the 4Q when there was no margin for error.  Weird game, which was a FG fest for 3 quarters.  
« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 10:19:51 EDT by Jedi Master » Logged

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2023, 10:38:15 EDT »

1. tiglets 
2. Bama
3. Florida
4. LSU
5. Kentucky
The President of the HATE the Tiglets early and often club chimes in!

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2023, 09:32:47 EDT »

I would slide Clemson up at least one notch, maybe two, otherwise agree.

LSU may not seem to belong at 2...but let's face it, we TRIED to lose to UF like we always do and just barely scraped by on our home field.  And we were favored. LSU was heavily favored, and we gob stomped them on their home field, and then they were the WEST CHAMPS.  When is the last time an Eastern team dominated a Western Champ that way?  It's been quite a while.  So yeah, that was significant and predicted the bammer win.  I felt better about the Vols after that LSU game than i have in a long, long time.  I felt relieved after the UF game.  Big difference! 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: