VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 10:43:07 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blackstone griddle?  (Read 413 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: August 25, 2023, 03:06:40 EDT »

Who?s got one and what are your favorite things to do with it?

Just got one this past week.  So far I?ve done smash burgers and hibachi chicken.   
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2023, 01:17:37 EDT »

I had a 36" Blackstone for a few years and built it into my outdoor kitchen. I wanted to get more heat out of it so I could put a better sear on steaks, so I upgraded the burners. The burners worked so well that that I got the cook top over 900 degrees. 

BTW, the cook top will warp at 901 degrees  . I replaced it with a commercial griddle, you're welcome to the burners if you want them

11B4PJ3F7
dansavol1
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2023, 02:09:18 EDT »

a quick lunch snack..take a flour quesadilla and sprinkle on shredded cheddar cheese and on griddle.  i like to add a couple of jalape?o slices.  when cheese starts to melt, fold in half and continue to cook til each side nice and toasty.  pull, slice, enjoy.  you have lunch in about 10 min and no clean-up.
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2023, 02:10:19 EDT »

a quick lunch snack..take a flour quesadilla and sprinkle on shredded cheddar cheese and on griddle.  i like to add a couple of jalape?o slices.  when cheese starts to melt, fold in half and continue to cook til each side nice and toasty.  pull, slice, enjoy.  you have lunch in about 10 min and no clean-up.

I'm trying that 

11B4PJ3F7
Volengineer
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2023, 03:21:04 EDT »

We really like to make hash brown omelettes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_kdZy6-5qs
dansavol1
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2023, 06:51:27 EDT »

stir fry... 1/3" slices of zucchini and squash, sliced red/green bell peppers, thin sliced onions. put in zip lock with a little salt/pepper/garlic/etc and marinade approx 1 hour.     chicken breasts/fav cut of beef cut into 1" cubes.  season with fav seasonings and on griddle with some olive oil til desired doneness.  pull or push to unheated part of griddle. add veggies to griddle and cook to desired tenderness then add meat and mix together.  you can serve as a dish or serve over bed of noodles or rice.  other good meats would be hamburger meat, italian sausage, etc.  any of these do well on your griddle.  just experiment with you favorite veggies and meats.  for hard veggies like carrots/potatoes you can blanche them in boiling water a few min before putting on griddle.  try to keep all veggies same approx size, some with you meat cubes.  good luck.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2023, 05:17:10 EDT »

Went to make my first big breakfast on the griddle this morning aaaaaaand propane tank is empty.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: