VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 10:05:42 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: $#@&?% Charter Spectrum  (Read 723 times)
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2023, 05:18:43 EDT »

Last night less than 5 minutes before kickoff all ESPN channels and Disney channels went off the air and are still off this morning...Charter put up a message that said they are in a dispute with Disney over pricing and will be off the air until it's resolved. The busiest college football weekend of the year and the sorry bastards pull this at kickoff last night...

It has caused a bunch of crap....and folks this way are cancelling Spectrum left and right....It's a two way street with Disney being at fault too.....But to do this 5 minutes before kickoff on ESPN and SECN is complete shizzle...

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2023, 05:43:22 EDT »

Last night less than 5 minutes before kickoff all ESPN channels and Disney channels went off the air and are still off this morning...Charter put up a message that said they are in a dispute with Disney over pricing and will be off the air until it's resolved. The busiest college football weekend of the year and the sorry bastards pull this at kickoff last night...

It has caused a bunch of crap....and folks this way are cancelling Spectrum left and right....It's a two way street with Disney being at fault too.....But to do this 5 minutes before kickoff on ESPN and SECN is complete shizzle...

I have DTV Stream, and my CBS affiliate has been dark for months. I haven?t missed it yet, but if it?s not up for that first big SEC game we?re gonna have a problem.

Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2023, 05:50:50 EDT »

I have DTV Stream, and my CBS affiliate has been dark for months. I haven?t missed it yet, but if it?s not up for that first big SEC game we?re gonna have a problem.

I should be easy to get CBS over the airwaves.  The picture is amazing over the air if you can get a good signal

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2023, 06:31:59 EDT »

Previously you could get local CBS with the CBS app on Roku. It was like $5.99 per month. I'm sure it is more now. Alternatively, you can get local CBS with Paramount +. It is like $12/month.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2023, 06:33:53 EDT »

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2023, 06:50:17 EDT »

Previously you could get local CBS with the CBS app on Roku. It was like $5.99 per month. I'm sure it is more now. Alternatively, you can get local CBS with Paramount +. It is like $12/month.

I have Paramount+. Are they streaming the games this year? Because they didn?t last year. I could get all the other CBS shows, but no sports. 

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2023, 06:52:35 EDT »

I should be easy to get CBS over the airwaves.  The picture is amazing over the air if you can get a good signal

Problem with that is my TV is mounted to the wall, and getting behind it to hook up an antenna is a major undertaking.

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2023, 06:57:34 EDT »

I have Paramount+. Are they streaming the games this year? Because they didn?t last year. I could get all the other CBS shows, but no sports. 

Oh ... I didn't know that. I just figured if you get local CBS you get the game. Maybe the package is Paramount premium. Local CBS is in real time.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2023, 08:09:59 EDT »

YTTV has multiview available for NCAAF this season. I had 4 games on the screen last night.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2023, 08:28:43 EDT »

It's 1:30 CT and it's still off 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2023, 03:57:33 EDT »

Hate to tell you, but these things are almost never resolved quickly. You might want to come up with a plan B, maybe for the entire season.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2023, 05:08:48 EDT »

Yep...next week I will if they don't have it resolved
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2023, 05:09:28 EDT »

Good excuse to go a local sports bar 

I had a challenge of sorts.  My 91 year old father recently went into assisted living.  Not a full nursing home, just a place where he has a small apartment and they clean, do his laundry, and feed him and make sure he stays on his meds.  It's very nice actually. But I'm staying in Knoxville at his house this weekend for a family reunion and he took his big screen TV with him. I am using a small screen TV that my Mom used to watch in the kitchen...it's  a 10 inch screen 

Still better than my phone though. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: