VTTW Board Index
April 27, 2024, 05:53:39 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bruce Pearl, coming in hot...  (Read 1954 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2023, 03:37:43 EDT »

He'll probably get at least a reprimand for this, but I agree with every word.

https://x.com/coachbrucepearl/status/1710819706712539178?s=20

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2023, 05:54:03 EDT »

He was one of the first sports figures I thought about today, with the news coming out of Israel.

Good on him to not be afraid to speak the truth.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2023, 09:48:13 EDT »

That's just it...what is the truth?  There has been so much misinformation about this. I don't believe any social media or news agencies. It is all about making them money. I'm just sick of the U.S. always turning a blind eye to anything Israel does. They are no choirboys and are terrible about human rights as much as Hamas.

volsboyinsodak
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2023, 10:31:04 EDT »

Good for Bruce
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2023, 11:57:18 EDT »

I agree with Coach Pearl, and applaud him for speaking out.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2023, 02:39:02 EDT »

That's just it...what is the truth?  There has been so much misinformation about this. I don't believe any social media or news agencies. It is all about making them money. I'm just sick of the U.S. always turning a blind eye to anything Israel does. They are no choirboys and are terrible about human rights as much as Hamas.

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2023, 09:51:46 EDT »

But it's accurate. Whose account do you believe? Israel isn't hated by the other mid east countries because they treat them humanely. Who are really the bad guys? They are all equally despicable.

volsboyinsodak
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2023, 10:03:45 EDT »

But it's accurate. Whose account do you believe? Israel isn't hated by the other mid east countries because they treat them humanely. Who are really the bad guys? They are all equally despicable.
I do NOT believe TERRORISTS who DEMAND the DESTRUCTION of Israel!
I do NOT believe the TERRORISTS who attacked CIVILIANS!
I do NOT believe YOU!

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2023, 10:17:29 EDT »

The Palestinians have miscalculated & fizzleed up repeatedly. When they elected Hamas as leadership that began the end for them. I believe they are about to be eliminated. That's all I'm going to say even though I've deleted a half dozen posts. Please, for the love of God keep politics off the board I don't know why BDV is hell bent on bringing politics back to the board. Politivol is still there. Why not use it? Droner used to move stuff to Politivol. Why did that stop?
droner
Admins
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2023, 10:19:19 EDT »

And away we go.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2023, 10:23:53 EDT »

There are only about 5-10 people that regularly post. The board is near death. I guess Creek Walker will come back if we bring politics back??? Is that it? I love you all as Vols, but don't much care for your politics. I know it "feels" like there is only one world view living in the South, but that simply isn't the case.  
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 11:43:42 EDT by SmokeyJoe » Logged
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2023, 03:40:22 EDT »

There will never be peace over there. No matter what leaders or countries try to force peace it will not happen...They have been fighting there for thousands of years..God commanded his chosen people when he led them to the Promise Land to rid the area of all living things. If they did not obey his command they will be a plank in their eyes and thorns in their sides forever.....Welp...you see what's happening and has been happening since back in Moses days.

If you believe in the Holy Word read

Numbers Chapter 33 verses 51-56

Judges Chapter 1 and 2

You will get your answers as to why.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2023, 04:27:32 EDT »

Israel is in fact not perfect....but Hamas is much less so IMO. 

Regardless, if I have to pick between two violent actors, I am going to pick the one that is on the side of the good ole USofA and has values similar to ours.  Period, dot.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2023, 05:25:19 EDT »

And tell us, oh wise one, where you get the ?truth?.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2023, 05:27:03 EDT »

There are only about 5-10 people that regularly post. The board is near death. I guess Creek Walker will come back if we bring politics back??? Is that it? I love you all as Vols, but don't much care for your politics. I know it "feels" like there is only one world view living in the South, but that simply isn't the case.  

We?re still all Vols!  Nothing personal!   
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2023, 08:28:38 EDT »

We?re still all Vols!  Nothing personal!   

That's rite!   
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2023, 11:20:26 EDT »

And tell us, oh wise one, where you get the ?truth?.
I really don't know. I've seen where many of the reports are old footage from years ago. You definitely got to know the source of any report you see and look deep to find their hidden agenda's. The U.S. looking the other way when Israel does something doesn't make us too well loved in the middle east.  Why do you think we can't change anything with all the wars we engage in over there? What has changed there since the first desert storm in Arab lands? Not much. The only thing that has changed is that America is going broke from staging wars over there. I say let'em kill each other. They have been for centuries. We ain't never changing that. I've been over there. It has never been anything other than a shizzleshow.

volsboyinsodak
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2023, 03:12:19 EDT »

1937: Arabs reject the Peel Commission to create a Jewish and Arab state.
1947: Arabs reject the UN partition plan to create a Jewish and Arab state. Wage war against the new nation of Israel. Lose more land than the partition gave them.
1967: Israel wins yet another war against its Arab neighbors, conquering Gaza, the West Bank and Sinai in a defensive war. The Arab League declares the "three no's": No peace with Israel, no recognition of Israel, no negotiations with Israel. Israel voluntarily hands control of the Temple Mount, the holiest site in Judaism back to the Islamic Waqf, and made it illegal for Jews to pray there.
1979: Israel voluntarily hands the Sinai back to Egypt, returning land conquered in a defensive war.
1993: Israel recognizes the sovereignty of the Palestinian Authority over the West Bank and Gaza Strip in the Oslo Accords. Yasser Arafat uses it to support terrorism.
2000: Israel offers Yasser Arafat recognition of a Palestinian state in all of Gaza and 94% of the West Bank with East Jerusalem as its Capital. Arafat rejects it and launches the Second Intifada.
2005: Israel pulls out of the Gaza Strip, dismantles all its settlements, and forces Jews to leave their homes. Palestinians respond by electing Hamas who turn it into a terror state.
2008: Israel offers Mahmoud Abbas once again recognition of a Palestinian state in all of Gaza and 94% of the West Bank with East Jerusalem as its Capital and even offered to dismantle all their settlements. And once again, the Palestinians reject it.
2010-2021: Hamas launches periodic rocket attacks against the state of Israel and builds terror tunnels in order to kidnap and murder Jews while using the people of Gaza as human shields against the IDF.
2023: Hamas commits the worst act of mass murder against Jews since the Holocaust.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2023, 03:41:07 EDT »

1937: Arabs reject the Peel Commission to create a Jewish and Arab state.
1947: Arabs reject the UN partition plan to create a Jewish and Arab state. Wage war against the new nation of Israel. Lose more land than the partition gave them.
1967: Israel wins yet another war against its Arab neighbors, conquering Gaza, the West Bank and Sinai in a defensive war. The Arab League declares the "three no's": No peace with Israel, no recognition of Israel, no negotiations with Israel. Israel voluntarily hands control of the Temple Mount, the holiest site in Judaism back to the Islamic Waqf, and made it illegal for Jews to pray there.
1979: Israel voluntarily hands the Sinai back to Egypt, returning land conquered in a defensive war.
1993: Israel recognizes the sovereignty of the Palestinian Authority over the West Bank and Gaza Strip in the Oslo Accords. Yasser Arafat uses it to support terrorism.
2000: Israel offers Yasser Arafat recognition of a Palestinian state in all of Gaza and 94% of the West Bank with East Jerusalem as its Capital. Arafat rejects it and launches the Second Intifada.
2005: Israel pulls out of the Gaza Strip, dismantles all its settlements, and forces Jews to leave their homes. Palestinians respond by electing Hamas who turn it into a terror state.
2008: Israel offers Mahmoud Abbas once again recognition of a Palestinian state in all of Gaza and 94% of the West Bank with East Jerusalem as its Capital and even offered to dismantle all their settlements. And once again, the Palestinians reject it.
2010-2021: Hamas launches periodic rocket attacks against the state of Israel and builds terror tunnels in order to kidnap and murder Jews while using the people of Gaza as human shields against the IDF.
2023: Hamas commits the worst act of mass murder against Jews since the Holocaust.

Please share your source. One thing that has been left out is that Israel has always been armed & supported by the USA. It's never been a fair fight. Could you imagine a foreign power coming to the southeastern USA and saying we are going to put these whatever people here & you're going to like it! Wouldn't go well. Would it? To me, terror from a nation's army, or terror from a rag tag bunch of goons is still terror. Having said that, if you scroll up you will see that I admit the Palestinians have been there own worst enemies.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2023, 04:15:39 EDT by SmokeyJoe » Logged
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2023, 04:40:08 EDT »

According to this brief introduction from the Applied Research Institute - Jerusalem (ARIJ) the Zionists were the original aggressors https://www.arij.org/atlas40/intro.html and then after WWII the allied powers threw their support to a Jewish homeland, and armed Israel far in excess of any Arab "power" and the rest is history.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2023, 04:42:07 EDT »

Please share your source. One thing that has been left out is that Israel has always been armed & supported by the USA. It's never been a fair fight. Could you imagine a foreign power coming to the southeastern USA and saying we are going to put these whatever people here & you're going to like it! Wouldn't go well. Would it? To me, terror from a nation's army, or terror from a rag tag bunch of goons is still terror. Having said that, if you scroll up you will see that I admit the Palestinians have been there own worst enemies.

Honestly don't remember, I've been admittedly letting this subject consume too much of my time and energy this week.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2023, 11:11:08 EDT »

You are right. Folks have been praying for peace in the middle east for eons. We are pretty arrogant to think we can make it so.

volsboyinsodak
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2023, 01:17:38 EDT »

It just makes me sad to see such suffering both Jewish & Palestinian. I knew some Palestinians in college. They were nice guys. I also have a problem with a people, or other people thinking, there is a "chosen people". That just boggles the mind. American Christians really have no skin in the game but there they are with their noses right in the middle because they think Israel is fulfilling biblical prophecy.   See why I don't like politics on the board? It just comes to nothing good ever. The other thing that absolutely AMAZES me is the right wing/conservatives despise everything about government EXCEPT any and all foreign meddling, intervention, staging of coups, wars, spying... WTF? It makes no sense! I like America. It is my home, but I don't like our role in the world. Guess who's role "we" took over? Britain's. Weren't we enemies with them?   I understand shizzle happens, and shizzle changes, but you literally can't make that hate/love story up!  
« Last Edit: October 12, 2023, 01:19:33 EDT by SmokeyJoe » Logged
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2023, 12:46:23 EDT »

Uhh, foreign meddling by the US has been happening for decades and decades, under both parties' control.

And there are conservatives who oppose it.

What's going on right now though, the actions being taken by Israel, is a direct response to an attack on innocent Israelis.  Why has Israel invested so much in DEFENSE?  Iron Dome, David's Sling, etc.  What has Hamas invested in?  That tells me who the aggressor is.

Show me footage of Israeli leadership stating there goal of exterminating Arabs.  I'll wait.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2023, 01:53:12 EDT »

Uhh, foreign meddling by the US has been happening for decades and decades, under both parties' control.

And there are conservatives who oppose it.

What's going on right now though, the actions being taken by Israel, is a direct response to an attack on innocent Israelis.  Why has Israel invested so much in DEFENSE?  Iron Dome, David's Sling, etc.  What has Hamas invested in?  That tells me who the aggressor is.

Show me footage of Israeli leadership stating there goal of exterminating Arabs.  I'll wait.

Exactly right....Israel has never attacked the Arabs without provocation.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: