VTTW Board Index
April 28, 2024, 09:42:52 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: There has been a lot of talk about Milton  (Read 483 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2023, 09:19:06 EDT »

Here are some items about the game last week...

1. It unequivocally was Milton's worst game at UT.
2. There were 2-3 drops, one of them critical.
3. There were at least 3 uncalled PIs.
4. It was windy.

I'm not trying to defend Milton here, he was mostly awful.

But if its calm tomorrow, his WRs do a better job of catching balls when hit in the hands, the refs do a better job calling the game, and Milton plays like he did vs. Junior and not Tamu, then he might just help us to a win.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2023, 03:29:35 EDT »

For us to win, he absolutely must have a good game, doesn't need a great game IMO but we need the passing game to be effective in order to be able to keep the D honest or Bama will stack their front 7 to stop the run and their pass rush will kill Milton who typically is far too slow getting the ball out.          
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2023, 03:53:09 EDT »

I would throw to the RBs out of the backfield and in the flats....I would true screen them to death and get their defense on their heels.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2023, 07:27:08 EDT »

For us to win, he absolutely must have a good game, doesn't need a great game IMO but we need the passing game to be effective in order to be able to keep the D honest or Bama will stack their front 7 to stop the run and their pass rush will kill Milton who typically is far too slow getting the ball out.        

I hope they have solved whatever the problem was with him looking  to the sideline at Florida. I hope we have the silent snap count in play. It will be loud. I remember years ago Terry Bowden (of all people) took Auburn into the swamp and won when nobody was winning there. His secret? Go with the play called. No audible. It's too loud. Guarantee the crowd will be roaring and Joe will be looking to the sideline for play change. That is just asking for procedure penalties.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2023, 07:43:58 EDT by SmokeyJoe » Logged
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2023, 08:03:20 EDT »

I hope they have solved whatever the problem was with him looking  to the sideline at Florida. I hope we have the silent snap count in play. It will be loud. I remember years ago Terry Bowden (of all people) took Auburn into the swamp and won when nobody was winning there. His secret? Go with the play called. No audible. It's too loud. Guarantee the crowd will be roaring and Joe will be looking to the sideline for play change. That is just asking for procedure penalties.
it is loud here but it isn?t Swamp
Level loud

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2023, 08:20:19 EDT »

If Milton plays well we can beat these bastages. Their O struggles too. Not used to a Heupel coached team that struggles on offense.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2023, 08:48:44 EDT by volsboy » Logged

volsboyinsodak
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2023, 08:28:23 EDT »

Until this team proves they can win in a loud road environment, I won?t pick them. But if we can take the crowd out of it early like we did at LSU last year, anything can happen.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2023, 09:37:08 EDT »

Interesting point about Auburn with Baby Bowden as the coach.

It is true that a few times a game Milton lets the clock run down.  He needs to remove his head from his arse and get it in gear in those cases, and be aware of the clock, for chrissakes.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: