VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 01:25:30 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Milton had another decent game...  (Read 440 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2023, 04:43:27 EDT »

It might be time for CJH to start trusting him with more, because I'm not sure this banged-up defense can win games for us anymore.

And oh BTW- Welcome to the 2023 season, Donte Thornton!

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2023, 05:01:28 EDT »

Good game for Thornton, glad he is finally productive 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2023, 05:30:14 EDT »

Milton with 2 pretty good games back to back.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2023, 05:32:55 EDT »

Joe played a pretty good game. I?m definitely not a Joe-hater or a bench-Joe-guy, but I think he limits our passing philosophy so much and I do not think the staff has confidence in him throwing anything but sideways, comeback routes, or deep balls. Its like having a Ferrari but not being able to use all of the gears and it makes us easier to defend, I think.

For example, I would like to know how many passes of 10 to 20 yards we have thrown between the hash marks through 8 games. It cannot be a very high number.  
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2023, 05:36:11 EDT »

For example, I would like to know how many passes of 10 to 20 yards we have thrown between the hash marks through 8 games. It cannot be a very high number.  

On our last drive against UF, Joe threw 3-4 of those into the middle of the field in a row. It was working really well, then we got to the 25 and Heupel called 4 straight end zone passes, all of which failed.

I have nothing against going for it all as soon as we are in the red zone, but I think other teams anticipate that and defend it. It wouldn't hurt to throw a 10 yard pass from the other team's 25 occasionally, then get 4 more downs closer in.  It seems we only throw to the end zone inside the 30 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2023, 03:54:17 EDT »

It might be time for CJH to start trusting him with more, because I'm not sure this banged-up defense can win games for us anymore.

I think He must trust Joe with more, we're way to conservative and the D just kept creeping closer and closer to the line....I felt like I was watching Johnny Majors ("we've got the lead, run it and milk the clock). We must pass more to keep the D honest. I was sure we were gonna blow it, kuddos to the D hanging tough and shutting down the run, it was sad how we made one of the worst QBs in the conference appear to be all SEC caliber. All in all, a good win and I'm glad we have an easy one next week 'cause Mizzou is gonna be a dog fight.  GBO!       
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: