VTTW Board Index
April 28, 2024, 02:24:11 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A dismal showing.*  (Read 545 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: November 12, 2023, 12:52:30 EST »

`
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2023, 12:59:52 EST »

No, we flat SUCKED!
Far worse than the SCe game last year!

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2023, 01:03:45 EST »

`

Agreed

11B4PJ3F7
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2023, 01:06:07 EST »

Drink in post game interview...."our defense kicked their ass."

Can't argue with that one bit....And if Heupel doesn't have a NFL QB and NFL type WRs then today....Bama game...USC game is what you get. About as bad as a Pruitt team.
wtkvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2023, 01:09:59 EST »

Can't argue with that one bit....And if Heupel doesn't have a NFL QB and NFL type WRs then today....Bama game...USC game is what you get. About as bad as a Pruitt team.

You are correct. Just better than what we had. Which was terrible
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2023, 01:19:18 EST »

You are correct. Just better than what we had. Which was terrible

Then let's can Huepel, who do we get?? Smart? Saban?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2023, 01:41:18 EST by FLVOL » Logged

11B4PJ3F7
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2023, 01:23:05 EST »

Worst showing of the JH era, by far.

Truly puzzling.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2023, 02:13:21 EST »

I'd argue the SC loss last year was far worse, but the offense was there. Florida this year might also be as bad or worse.

Tonight we were down six points at the half, and 15 going into the fourth quarter. We had a chance even after our abject failures.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2023, 02:18:59 EST »

I'd argue the SC loss last year was far worse, but the offense was there. Florida this year might also be as bad or worse.

Tonight we were down six points at the half, and 15 going into the fourth quarter. We had a chance even after our abject failures.

This

11B4PJ3F7
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2023, 02:22:36 EST »

Look at the wins this season. This team has not beaten a really ?good? team yet.

I think most would agree that 8-4 was the absolute floor for expectations for this team. Assuming that UGA beats us and we can beat Vandy, that makes it an ok season - but not a season where anything really good was accomplished.

I believe that the offense has been severely limited by Joe. The INT on the slant today is a prime example, imo, of why we mainly throw sideline routes and short, wide-receiver screens. I do not think that Joe can read/see the defense and find the open receivers (for whatever reasons). All of that is really compounded when the run game is nonexistent, as it was today.

We were badly manhandled on the LOS on both sides of the football today. It was painful to watch.

Whoever thought that using Herring as a spy on the RB and/or QB must have been drunk.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2023, 03:01:04 EST »

Look at the wins this season. This team has not beaten a really ?good? team yet.

I think most would agree that 8-4 was the absolute floor for expectations for this team. Assuming that UGA beats us and we can beat Vandy, that makes it an ok season - but not a season where anything really good was accomplished.

I believe that the offense has been severely limited by Joe. The INT on the slant today is a prime example, imo, of why we mainly throw sideline routes and short, wide-receiver screens. I do not think that Joe can read/see the defense and find the open receivers (for whatever reasons). All of that is really compounded when the run game is nonexistent, as it was today.

We were badly manhandled on the LOS on both sides of the football today. It was painful to watch.

Whoever thought that using Herring as a spy on the RB and/or QB must have been drunk.

8-4 wasn't my floor, it was my expection, but I did say 9-3 would not surprise me, but 7-5 would not have either. I wasn't sure about the Junior game after last season, and figured Tamu would be a tough win (which it was)

What I didn't see mentioned above was how bad we have been on the road this year.  1-3, close win at UK and one good half against bammer, otherwise we have stunk it up.  Don't think Heupel did well in road games his first two years either....well, maybe UK his first year, but that was really close.

He is going to have to figure out if there is something about his offense that makes it not work well on the road...crowd noise, maybe?  Just not a good road team at all this season.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2023, 03:19:12 EST »

8-4 wasn't my floor, it was my expection, but I did say 9-3 would not surprise me, but 7-5 would not have either. I wasn't sure about the Junior game after last season, and figured Tamu would be a tough win (which it was)

What I didn't see mentioned above was how bad we have been on the road this year.  1-3, close win at UK and one good half against bammer, otherwise we have stunk it up.  Don't think Heupel did well in road games his first two years either....well, maybe UK his first year, but that was really close.

He is going to have to figure out if there is something about his offense that makes it not work well on the road...crowd noise, maybe?  Just not a good road team at all this season.
UVA, AP, UTSA, USCe, UK, A&M, UCONN. 🤔

None of those are what I would call ?good? teams. I think maybe this team is just not a really ?good? team either. We were beaten by a bad UF team on the road. I think the other 2 losses were good teams, both of which happened to be on the road.

As for last season, losing at USC was inexcusable. I?m still baffled by that game. There is nothing unsettling about the loss to UGA in Athens last year.

In the last two seasons, CJH has lost two road games that I would consider troubling (USC and UF). Missouri, imo, is a good team - I am not so upset about the loss as I am about how the game played out.

Going forward, especially with the expanded playoff format, CJH is definitely going to need to figure out how to keep the ?laying an egg? type games from happening.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2023, 03:25:39 EST »

UVA, AP, UTSA, USCe, UK, A&M, UCONN. 🤔

None of those are what I would call ?good? teams. I think maybe this team is just not a really ?good? team either. We were beaten by a bad UF team on the road. I think the other 2 losses were good teams, both of which happened to be on the road.

As for last season, losing at USC was inexcusable. I?m still baffled by that game. There is nothing unsettling about the loss to UGA in Athens last year.

In the last two seasons, CJH has lost two road games that I would consider troubling (USC and UF). Missouri, imo, is a good team - I am not so upset about the loss as I am about how the game played out.

Going forward, especially with the expanded playoff format, CJH is definitely going to need to figure out how to keep the ?laying an egg? type games from happening.

I think this was just the worst effort overall I have seen from a Heupel team.  We had some bad breaks, but that was only part of it.  I think the tone was set when we got the pick and promptly went 3 and out from their 45 or so, with two runs being stuffed.  I think they sniffed something out in our run game and were ready for those runs.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2023, 04:18:17 EST »

Let's get Kiffiin back! Ol Miss looked freakin awesome in the 1st quarter against UGA, so he must be the most logical choice. If not him, then maybe Drinkwitz!

Quit talking about problems unless you have a solution
« Last Edit: November 12, 2023, 04:40:22 EST by FLVOL » Logged

11B4PJ3F7
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2023, 04:56:26 EST »

Let's get Kiffiin back! Ol Miss looked freakin awesome in the 1st quarter against UGA, so he must be the most logical choice. If not him, then maybe Drinkwitz!

Quit talking about problems unless you have a solution

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: