VTTW Board Index
April 28, 2024, 02:19:39 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I know we?re all rooting for a meteor in the SECC Saturday  (Read 1099 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2023, 05:33:02 EST »

But if you have to pick one team, hold your nose and root for bammer. That result would likely knock the SEC out of the playoff for the first time. Burn baby burn. 

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2023, 05:47:09 EST »

Agree. Plus, I never pull for Georgia.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2023, 03:34:36 EST »

As long as you can assure me Bama can?t make the playoffs with a win, I will happily root against those arrogant jerks from Georgia.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2023, 03:35:51 EST »

Hate em both and hope that happens...But it's hard to see a two time defending NC on a 28 game winning streak go from 1st to out losing to a 1 loss Bama...What am I missing?
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2023, 04:13:00 EST »

As long as you can assure me Bama can?t make the playoffs with a win, I will happily root against those arrogant jerks from Georgia.

we must be brothers from another mother, because reading your words brought tears to my eyes 

11B4PJ3F7
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2023, 04:15:36 EST »

Hate em both and hope that happens...But it's hard to see a two time defending NC on a 28 game winning streak go from 1st to out losing to a 1 loss Bama...What am I missing?

I agree.  Unfortunately I think the committee would more or less HAVE to advance bammer if they beat uga, and if enough other chips fall into place, there is a small chance of a two SEC playoff scenario.  But bammer would be in.  Unfortunately.

The Auburn DC needs to be boiled in burning oil. Or something.  Fired maybe?  Slapped with wet noodles?  Rarely has there been as epically bad a corching decision as only rushing two. I used to scream at the TV when "3rd and long Chavis" would routinely rush three in long yardage situations.  But 2?  TWO?  W.T.F.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2023, 05:10:58 EST »

Assuming that Michigan wins, they are in. I think the winner of the Oregon/Washington game is in. That leaves 2 spots (barring a UM upset).

If FSU wins, Texas wins, and Bama beats UGA those 4 teams would be the options for the last 2 spots.

If Bama beats UGA, I think they are in. That leaves 1 spot for the remaining 3 teams.

Could FSU, without their #1 QB, be left out even with an undefeated season?

Could Texas jump UGA?

Politics is alive and well in the CFP scenario. Who knows what could happen?

Having said all of that, I?m reluctantly pulling for Bama to defeat UGA because that is the only possible scenario where both of them could be left out of the CFP.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 09:31:07 EST by JeffCountyVolFan » Logged
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2023, 11:42:15 EST »

Just think, all the usual suspects would be in if this was next year. Will having 12 teams really help? It is just an easier way for the blue bloods to still get in even if they have proven they are not the best team. I still like the top 4 scenario. Make it mean something real special to get in and not 8 participation gifts after the top 4.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2023, 12:21:37 EST »

Just think, all the usual suspects would be in if this was next year. Will having 12 teams really help? It is just an easier way for the blue bloods to still get in even if they have proven they are not the best team. I still like the top 4 scenario. Make it mean something real special to get in and not 8 participation gifts after the top 4.

I guess we will see if and how often a lower seed wins.  I think it will happen, just a matter of when.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2023, 12:42:07 EST »

Don't see Bama all the way in from 8th in in and UGA who's been No.1 99 percent of the season goes all the way out. I can see the SEC being out completely more than can see Bama in and UGA all the way out. Just don't see it.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2023, 04:20:07 EST »

Don't see Bama all the way in from 8th in in and UGA who's been No.1 99 percent of the season goes all the way out. I can see the SEC being out completely more than can see Bama in and UGA all the way out. Just don't see it.
Except for the politics of the CFP, I agree with you. I just think Bama and Nick could possibly worm their way in. I really hope that it doesn?t happen.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2023, 05:07:52 EST »

They have jumped teams up before

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2023, 12:05:02 EST »

I trust nothing. This paranoia causes me to pull for the Dawgs. If they win we're at least guaranteed a Tide-free playoff.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2023, 12:17:46 EST »

I trust nothing. This paranoia causes me to pull for the Dawgs. If they win we're at least guaranteed a Tide-free playoff.
That is somewhat of a positive with a UGA win, but tbh at this point I'm as sickened by another Dawg NC as with one at Bama. I would have never thought that I would ever feel that way.

I'm so hoping that neither makes it that I'm willing for both to get in just on the chance that neither does. Personally, I do not at the present time know which I want out of the CFP more: UGA or Bama.
Volengineer
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2023, 01:03:56 EST »

If the FSU QB hadn't got knocked out, there might be a possibility that neither GA or AL would make it with a Turd win. However, I'm sure the committee would wrangle a way to boot FSU if AL were to pull the "upset" and give that spot to one of them. For the record, I despise all three.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2023, 07:20:27 EST »

The only good reason to want Bama to win would be to throw a monkey wrench into the selection process. Not to change the subject.....did you see some of the schedules with OU and Texas in the mix. Some tough schedules. 12 team playoff might be a good idea afterall.  Even with a tough schedule , you still have to win the games.

volsboyinsodak
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2023, 10:56:03 EST »

That is somewhat of a positive with a UGA win, but tbh at this point I'm as sickened by another Dawg NC as with one at Bama. I would have never thought that I would ever feel that way.

I'm so hoping that neither makes it that I'm willing for both to get in just on the chance that neither does. Personally, I do not at the present time know which I want out of the CFP more: UGA or Bama.

My possibly defeatist attitude is there are diminishing returns with another Dawg title, but I hold out hope Michigan can derail them.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2023, 03:04:14 EST »

They have jumped teams up before

I know they have moved teams up before...You ever seen in the playoffs era a No.1 go completely out after the 13th game? SEC isn't getting 2 teams in.

japanvol
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2023, 02:15:07 EST »

So if FSU wins something unprecedented will happen. Either an undefeated Power 5 conference champion will get left out, or the team ranked #1 going into the conference championship weekend will be left out. And I guess the SEC could be left out all together if FSU is in along with Texas. Bring on the chaos!
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2023, 02:17:29 EST »

Going into today........

Strength of schedule:
UGA: 58
Bama: 17
Texas: 1
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2023, 02:30:07 EST »

If the SEC is shut out, one drawback is it would knock everyone down a spot in the bowl pecking order, which would probably mean we?re going to Nashville or Charlotte. But that?s a sacrifice I?m willing to make for the greater good. 

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2023, 02:32:57 EST »

If the SEC is shut out, one drawback is it would knock everyone down a spot in the bowl pecking order, which would probably mean we?re going to Nashville or Charlotte. But that?s a sacrifice I?m willing to make for the greater good. 
We are still going to Jax

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2023, 03:32:35 EST »

UGA was out coached and out played today. That as bad as I've seen them in a long while. Their defense hasn't been great this season....today their offense was horrible...plays and play calls were Tennessee awful.

Right now based on my eye test this season...And FSU not helping themselves having to play a 3rd string QB...IMO they don't beat Bama...UGA or Texas I would have it.

1.Michigan
2.Washington
3.Texas
4.Bama

But I hope the SEC gets left out.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 03:36:52 EST by Tnphil » Logged
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2023, 04:49:38 EST »

If FSU wins a conference championship game with a 3rd string freshman QB?. That?s a feather in their cap imo.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2023, 05:38:54 EST »

If FSU wins a conference championship game with a 3rd string freshman QB?. That?s a feather in their cap imo.

Should...Their defense flat won the game.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: