VTTW Board Index
April 28, 2024, 09:02:21 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will be going to Orlando  (Read 457 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2023, 12:40:39 EST »

Go VOLS!

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2023, 03:24:53 EST »

We should crush them 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2023, 05:08:25 EST »

Iowa allowed Michigan a total of 213 yards yesterday. Pretty darn good defense and we didn't fair well against good defensive teams this year.
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2023, 04:06:08 EST »

We should crush them 
Don't take them lightly, their D is one of the best....our saving grace is that their O is one of the worst. It'll be game that will take our max effort on both sides. GO VOLS !!!         
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2023, 06:59:23 EST »

Don't take them lightly, their D is one of the best....our saving grace is that their O is one of the worst. It'll be game that will take our max effort on both sides. GO VOLS !!!         

Yeah I have seen their stats...130th in the country in offensive yards, 127th in scoring....4th in scoring D but only 17th in run D.  I think we can run on them a bit.

Their offense is beyond bad

Beyond that, one reason I say that is we have done really well against the big 10 in bowl games.  Hell, even Poot beat Indiana. 

But yeah, Butch beat Iowa and Northwestern also, and Fulmer always beat the big 10 back in the day, including OSU with Eddie George.

Only exceptions are PSU x2 back in the day, and the awful Purdue game two years ago when our D couldn't stop air.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2023, 07:23:45 EST »

Their D is good....but other than Michigan and the Bucknuts, how many BIG teams have a real good offense to begin with. They mostly play old man football. We should beat them. I think our D should be able to stop their offense enough for us to score a few more points than they will. Hopefully we don't play another game like the UF game.

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: