VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 12:44:26 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mississippi 80...Lady Vols 75...FINAL*  (Read 652 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2024, 10:58:58 EST »

`
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2024, 01:18:59 EST »

They just aren't good....and coached worse
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2024, 06:12:46 EST »

When are they going to end the Harper regime. She can't recruit. She can't coach x's and o's. The team looks like a group of ghetto whores with all their eyelashes and extensions. There I said what most Vol fans are thinking. They are 12-7. What will they do against the better SEC teams?  Heard someone comment that the girl in the middle was the laziest player they have seen. They said it could be hard to tote those 50 lbs of hair extensions around. Why prolong the inevitable and git rid of Kelly? Pretty sad way the Lady Vols have fallen. Not even a relevant program anymore. Someone needs to start recruiting. Next year doesn't look much better. All our top rivals have better players all over the court. Can't expect to win like that.

volsboyinsodak
10EC
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2024, 02:26:37 EST »

When are they going to end the Harper regime. She can't recruit. She can't coach x's and o's. The team looks like a group of ghetto whores with all their eyelashes and extensions. There I said what most Vol fans are thinking. They are 12-7. What will they do against the better SEC teams?  Heard someone comment that the girl in the middle was the laziest player they have seen. They said it could be hard to tote those 50 lbs of hair extensions around. Why prolong the inevitable and git rid of Kelly? Pretty sad way the Lady Vols have fallen. Not even a relevant program anymore. Someone needs to start recruiting. Next year doesn't look much better. All our top rivals have better players all over the court. Can't expect to win like that.

Racist much?
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2024, 07:59:51 EST »

Racist much?
Not at all. I just call them as I see them. Is it racist if its the truth. You must be woke right with them. I've seen many Vol fans bring up this same thing. But I'm racist. That word is used without basis so much it means nothing anymore. Sorry you are offended. 

volsboyinsodak
droner
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2024, 08:55:38 EST »

Not at all. I just call them as I see them. Is it racist if its the truth. You must be woke right with them. I've seen many Vol fans bring up this same thing. But I'm racist. That word is used without basis so much it means nothing anymore. Sorry you are offended. 

When referring to a black woman, the term "ghetto whore" is racist. That's not "woke", whatever that is, it's just fact.

And the hair extensions and fake eyelashes aren't the problem. The most talented woman on LSU's team, and one of the most talented in the country, has fake eyelashes.

The problem is the lack of elite talent. I don't know why recruiting has fallen off like it has. It had even fallen off the last years of Summitt's career. The last national championship was in 2008 and Pat coached through the 2011-2012 season, although in a reduced role the last year. The first year after the 2008 NC, the Lady Vols lost in the first round of the NCAA tournament and lost in the Elite 8 her last season.

So the talent had fallen off before Pat retired. Again, why? I don't know. But it's clear that UT doesn't have the talent it used to have and many other teams have passed them by. But it wasn't because of eyelashes or hair.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2024, 08:58:44 EST »

When referring to a black woman, the term "ghetto whore" is racist. That's not "woke", whatever that is, it's just fact.

And the hair extensions and fake eyelashes aren't the problem. The most talented woman on LSU's team, and one of the most talented in the country, has fake eyelashes.

The problem is the lack of elite talent. I don't know why recruiting has fallen off like it has. It had even fallen off the last years of Summitt's career. The last national championship was in 2008 and Pat coached through the 2011-2012 season, although in a reduced role the last year. The first year after the 2008 NC, the Lady Vols lost in the first round of the NCAA tournament and lost in the Elite 8 her last season.

So the talent had fallen off before Pat retired. Again, why? I don't know. But it's clear that UT doesn't have the talent it used to have and many other teams have passed them by. But it wasn't because of eyelashes or hair.
One reason is the total lack of effective High School recruiting
If you can't recruit, you can't win, even with the portal

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2024, 01:34:51 EST »

One reason is the total lack of effective High School recruiting
If you can't recruit, you can't win, even with the portal

Kellie is a mid major coach and she recruits mid major talent...There is zero reason why UT can't recruit top 10 talent most years. And there is zero reason to let the top Tennessee recruits leave the state.

Kellie makes 1.1 million per year....add in her husbands salary and that's a damn good household income...Recruiting is a major part of the job and her and her husband are awful at it.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2024, 10:10:50 EST »

One wonders what the fake eyelashes are for. I have my suspicions, but I will leave it at that. 😘

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2024, 06:14:17 EST »

I guarantee many posters on here have thought what I wrote. I stand by my post. You can call their on court appearance whatever you like. What would you call their looks? Nevermind it doesn't matter. You are correct about the terrible recruiting. We have less talent than many teams. It was starting to dwindle before Pat left. I think it has a lot to do with Vol fatigue when they were winning so much. UConn is starting to feel it now. Players want to make an impact somewhere else.

volsboyinsodak
droner
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2024, 08:47:13 EST »

What would you call their looks?

Young people doing young people things.

Have you seen some the haircuts/styles on some of the men, black and white? Have you seen the amount of tattoos? Does that affect their play? Does it say anything about their character or justify passing judgment on that character or their morality?

You've put yourself into a hole on this. Stop digging.   
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2024, 08:56:37 EST »

Young people doing young people things.

Have you seen some the haircuts/styles on some of the men, black and white? Have you seen the amount of tattoos? Does that affect their play? Does it say anything about their character or justify passing judgment on that character or their morality?

You've put yourself into a hole on this. Stop digging.   
He?s apparently with Don Imus

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2024, 12:50:33 EST »

. What would you call their looks?

A dating strategy....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2024, 01:08:29 EST »

A dating strategy....
Best answer ever. Sometimes I rant at nothing. Sorry to be such a dork.

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: