VTTW Board Index
April 27, 2024, 05:19:47 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi guys! Long time since I posted, but...  (Read 659 times)
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2024, 05:39:28 EST »

I've been busy with life -- working part time and getting my health and fitness back in line since cancer recovery.  I have a nice UT hooded jacket that I'd like to give to someone that wants it -- it's a size XXL -- I don't plan to ever be able to wear it again!  :)   Not sure the link works for the picture -- hope so.  If not, it's gray, with orange TENNESSEE across the front with the hoodie lined in orange. Anyway, if anyone is interested, message me your address and I'll send to you! 

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2024, 07:42:42 EST »

It's too big for me but it looks nice. Surely someone here could wear it.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2024, 03:27:33 EST »

Nice to see you post, Granny!!!   
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2024, 05:08:04 EST »

Glad you were able to recover from cancer Granny!  I am now five years NED...or will be after my CT scan tomorrow. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2024, 05:27:21 EST »

Glad you are doing well.

Good luck Bandit.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2024, 09:11:08 EST »

Glad you are doing well.

Good luck Bandit.

Thanks!  Scan was clear, and now I don't have to go back for a whole year.  Was getting scanned every 3-4 months.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2024, 09:13:15 EST »

Thanks!  Scan was clear, and now I don't have to go back for a whole year.  Was getting scanned every 3-4 months.
Most EXCELLENT news there Bandit!

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2024, 10:38:41 EST »

RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2024, 02:47:16 EST »

So glad your scan was clear.  My latest mammogram was also clear -- 4 years since diagnosis -- 3 years since end of treatment (well, still on 1 med for 10 years, but active treatment done for 3).  I'm hoping I can get off this 1 med in 5 years, but for some reason my oncologist said I'd have to take it 10 years.  Bummer!    Congrats to you1

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2024, 02:53:34 EST »

So glad your scan was clear.  My latest mammogram was also clear -- 4 years since diagnosis -- 3 years since end of treatment (well, still on 1 med for 10 years, but active treatment done for 3).  I'm hoping I can get off this 1 med in 5 years, but for some reason my oncologist said I'd have to take it 10 years.  Bummer!    Congrats to you1
Mom went through what sounds like the same regimen.  She also had the same issues with the length of the med.  However, after around 25 years she's still kicking!

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2024, 04:28:09 EST »

Mom went through what sounds like the same regimen.  She also had the same issues with the length of the med.  However, after around 25 years she's still kicking!

Good to hear!  I'm doing great -- but every year at scan time, there is some anxiety.  Luckily, in my small hospital here, they tell me the results of the mammogram before I leave there, so I don't have wait like most folks! 

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2024, 09:50:09 EST »

Good to hear!  I'm doing great -- but every year at scan time, there is some anxiety.  Luckily, in my small hospital here, they tell me the results of the mammogram before I leave there, so I don't have wait like most folks! 

I get my scans at a cancer clinic, and they do the same. My oncologist insists that the radiology department process and send ASAP.  It does take about 2 hours, so I usually get scanned, go to lunch (or breakfast!) and then come back for the oncologist appointment.

I am so glad to hear you are cured!  And pray that you will remain so.   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: