VTTW Board Index
April 27, 2024, 06:52:20 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Heard on sports radio that former Butch Jones staff now at UA  (Read 266 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2024, 10:00:21 EST »

Not sure who they meant, but I think they said that when UT had a coach move to IU, some others followed, and DeBoer now has five former IU coaches on staff, so it may be one of them?  

I looked at the staff, and TBH did not recognize any of them.

Side note...the snippet that I heard was Finebaum interviewing Mike Griffith on the impact of the changes at bama on uga and "other major powers in the SEC".  Mike Griffith, uga homer that he is, said there is no way bama doesn't take a step down.  Which...is just stating the obvious but he was a bit over the top about it due to his bias, IMO.

After he said that, Finebaum sounded deflated and depressed.  Which for all the issues that bammer appears to have, that's a nice  bonus.  
« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 04:30:50 EST by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2024, 03:01:28 EST »

Sometimes I pinch myself..  ?Did it really happen?  Did Saban really retire???  Still seems surreal.   
wtkvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2024, 04:01:46 EST »

Not sure who they meant, but I think they said that when UT had a coach move to IU, some others followed, and DeBoer now has five former IU coaches on staff, so it may be one of them? 

I looked at the staff, and TBH did not recognize any of them.

Side note...the snippet that I heard was Finebaum interviewing Mike Griffith on the impact of the changes at bama on uga and "other major powers in the SEC".  Mike Griffith, homer that he is, said there is no way bama doesn't take a step down.  Which...is just stating the obvious but he was a bit over the top about it due to his bias, IMO.

After he said that, Finebaum sounded deflated and depressed.  Which for all the issues that bammer appears to have, that's a nice  bonus.   

DeBore took his team to the national championship game. Alabama and Georgia did not. With far more talent. Nobody knows what he will do at Alabama.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2024, 07:44:52 EST »

DeBore took his team to the national championship game. Alabama and Georgia did not. With far more talent. Nobody knows what he will do at Alabama.

Sure.  But bama has bled players.  The talent that saban barely made it to the playoffs with last year is mostly gone.  The rest of the SEC is a lot more competitive, including, I am happy to say, the Vols.  And DeBoerd doesn't have Pennix anymore.

You are in a small minority that thinks everything will be fine for the tahd. Maybe you are a closet bama fan, maybe you just like to be contrary, but no way is DeBoerd, or anyone, replicating what saban did.

Not saying bama is going 6-6 next year, but I can easily see them dropping 2 or even 3, and if they lose 3, they won't even make the playoffs.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: