VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 01:57:35 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I think if we win the next two and then one in the SECT...  (Read 358 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 03, 2024, 05:40:21 EST »

...we'll be a 1 seed. But as I look at the bracket, I'm not sure I want a 1 seed. UConn, Purdue, and Houston are pretty much locks. The only one up for grabs is the LA regional. Do we want to get shipped out there, where we'd likely face the 2 seed AZ, who would have a huge homefield advantage?

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2024, 06:31:33 EST »

According to ESPN: Lunardi's bracket impact: Tennessee stays alive for a No. 1 seed with a huge win in Tuscaloosa, but Arizona did the Vols no favors by thumping Oregon to remain ahead and keep the spot on the top line. The Vols -- and anyone else chasing Arizona -- will need the Wildcats to lose at some point to move up. Alabama, meanwhile sits solidly as a 4-seed (No. 14 overall) but has slipped behind Kentucky (No. 13) on the seed list.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2024, 06:37:32 EST »

According to ESPN: Lunardi's bracket impact: Tennessee stays alive for a No. 1 seed with a huge win in Tuscaloosa, but Arizona did the Vols no favors by thumping Oregon to remain ahead and keep the spot on the top line. The Vols -- and anyone else chasing Arizona -- will need the Wildcats to lose at some point to move up. Alabama, meanwhile sits solidly as a 4-seed (No. 14 overall) but has slipped behind Kentucky (No. 13) on the seed list.

I heard today that AZ has only played one ranked team since the beginning of conference play, and they lost that one to Washington State (who knew they were ranked?). Meanwhile, if we keep piling up quad 1 wins down this homestretch, I have to think we'd pass them at some point. But as I said, I don't think I want that.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2024, 07:01:20 EST »

So...if we play Arizona, it means we are in the Elite Eight.

In which case, I will take my chances.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2024, 08:01:47 EST »

From tos...

Arizona has 8 Q1 wins and 3 losses. Houston, UConn and Purdue have 10 Q1 and 3 losses. UT has 6 Q1 wins against 5 losses. The Net places alot of emphasis on quad 1 wins but doesnt place as much on quad 2,3 and 4 loses.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2024, 09:35:44 EST »

BDV, forget the first game of the SECT...the committee never considers tournies at all, its too late for them to impact anything

I think we have a shot at a no. 1, but if we don't get it, no. 2 is fine. 

We will %&%^%^ destroy UA, if they even make it that far.

We have had good success against "UAs" so far this year.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2024, 09:39:27 EST »

BDV, forget the first game of the SECT...the committee never considers tournies at all, its too late for them to impact anything

They don't take into account the championship game as the ratings are done the night before.,
However, early rounds are part of the equation

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2024, 03:35:46 EST »

?Conference tourney doesn?t matter? is the conventional wisdom this time of year, but we?ve seen time after time when it DID matter. Now I think it means more to bubble teams than teams like us. But we don?t want to lose to someone like UGA in our first game. That could potentially cost us a whole seed line. If we have to lose, just make sure it?s to someone good.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2024, 04:42:57 EST »

?Conference tourney doesn?t matter? is the conventional wisdom this time of year, but we?ve seen time after time when it DID matter. Now I think it means more to bubble teams than teams like us. But we don?t want to lose to someone like UGA in our first game. That could potentially cost us a whole seed line. If we have to lose, just make sure it?s to someone good.

I've seen zero times when it matters, at least not for Vols

I could see a bad loss in our first game hurting us, but that seems unlikely

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: