VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 01:45:52 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jo & Santi discuss their 5 years together  (Read 317 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 06, 2024, 10:21:34 EST »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5Ow5eZJpLpY" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/5Ow5eZJpLpY</a>

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2024, 05:02:02 EST »

Did they mention why their play has gotten worse each year? We all want to know.

volsboyinsodak
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2024, 05:25:30 EST »

Did they mention why their play has gotten worse each year? We all want to know.
define ?worse? or do you only follow the ball?

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2024, 06:13:39 EST »

Well obviously it?s because the guy who just won an SEC Championship (in a year when the SEC is arguably the best it?s ever been) is a terrible coach.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2024, 06:18:58 EST »

https://x.com/Vol_Hoops/status/1765787599162290486?s=20

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2024, 08:50:46 EST »

They are both good without the ball in their hands and a big reason we are SEC Champs.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2024, 11:36:21 EST »

I'm sorry, but their shooting has gotten worse by the year. Not dissing them, just stating facts. I've seen you guys mention it here.  Tell me you haven't seen the bricks they launch at times.

volsboyinsodak
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2024, 12:18:43 EST »

I'm sorry, but their shooting has gotten worse by the year. Not dissing them, just stating facts. I've seen you guys mention it here.  Tell me you haven't seen the bricks they launch at times.

Santi was 1st team All-SEC just last year. JJJ was the year before, pre-injury. This year, they?re both adjusting to new roles as a new Alpha has joined the team and shouldered the scoring load that used to fall on them. It?s not that hard to figure out.

But again, this team just clinched the 2024 SEC championship, and they?re probably going to be a 1 seed in the NCAAT for the first time ever. Why would you pick today of all days to pull your Debbie Downer routine?

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2024, 12:32:29 EST »

I'm sorry, but their shooting has gotten worse by the year. Not dissing them, just stating facts. I've seen you guys mention it here.   Tell me you haven't seen the bricks they launch at times.
Hey CLUELESS!
There are other things that they do WELL, like Guard (1-5 in Jo's case) and shoor free throws!
Also, how the hell do you think Knecht gets open if these two don't screen their asses off to get him free!
What a total and complete dunce!

Like I said earluer, get your eyes off the ball and watch the GAME!
Of course, it would help if you actually understood the game but those of us who have played it can only do so much

Oh, I guess you think those dunks by Knecht on inbounds plays happens by happenstance?
Whatch the team BEFORE the throw in and after (you might even see Jo and Santi do some things that make this team successful when you do, but given your history I doubt it.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 04:14:38 EST by PirateVOL » Logged

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2024, 01:32:07 EST »

W.T.  fizzle

is wrong with you?   

Seriously...are you on anti-depressants?  Should you be?  How do you manage to keep living?

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2024, 04:10:21 EST »

Part I of "Since You Asked".

You say that you are "just stating facts". Okay.  Where are the facts?  The only proof you offer is "I've seen you guys mention it.".

You can't just state "facts", you have to show them.  (I should not have to explain this to you, but that's par for the course with you.)

Feel free to post your "facts". (Not holding my breath).

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2024, 04:19:47 EST »

Part I of "Since You Asked".

You say that you are "just stating facts". Okay.  Where are the facts?  The only proof you offer is "I've seen you guys mention it.".

You can't just state "facts", you have to show them.  (I should not have to explain this to you, but that's par for the course with you.)

Feel free to post your "facts". (Not holding my breath).
I just watched last night?s game (I was at the baseball game last night)
They even mentioned what Santi does for the team, also mentioned his quick hands on defense (had 3+steals in multi games recently)
Santi and Jo were all over the court last night

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2024, 04:28:42 EST »

Part II of "Since You Asked".

Since I doubt you will post any facts (and in fact don't have any). I will post them for you.

JJ                      Santi   
   FG            3 pt             FG            3 pt
2024   40.50   32.70   39.30   35.00
2023   37.20   31.30   39.60   37.00
2022   38.80   32.40   41.30   40.30
2021   38.80   30.40   38.80   37.30
2020   37.00   36.70   37.30   36.00

Here is a FACT.  JJ has his highest FG percentage of his career.

Here is a FACT.  JJ's 3 pt percentage is better than it was last year, and in the middle of the five years he has played.

Here is a FACT.  Santi's FG percentage is pretty much his career average.

Here is a FACT.  Santi does have his lowest 3 pt percentage of his career, but still above the national average of 34.1%.

So of the four stats I present above, one is worse, two are at their career averages, and one is better.

In other words, when you look at the ACTUAL FACTS, they are shooting about how they have their entire careers.

Thus you are reduced to saying "why haven't they improved", but they are DEMONSTRABLY not worse.

Please get your head out of your ass.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2024, 04:35:31 EST »

Other considerations....

With Knecht shooting more, Santi and JJ shoot less, and so have less opportunity to get in rhythm.

Since Knecht is always the first option, Santi and JJ likely shoot later in the shot clock cycle, and so more often heave up desperation shots as the clock expires.

Since Knecht is always the first option, less screens are set for Santi and JJ, and they typically shoot lower percentage shots.

Now...the above is speculation, I don't have stats to back them up, and I don't feel like hunting for them. I suspect "time into shot clock" is probably out there somewhere, and maybe even shot location.  The first is purely subjective.

But I would be willing to bet, that if I did bother to find the last two categories above, they would support my opinion compared to previous seasons.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2024, 04:41:29 EST »

Part II of "Since You Asked".

Since I doubt you will post any facts (and in fact don't have any). I will post them for you.

JJ                      Santi   
   FG            3 pt             FG            3 pt
2024   40.50   32.70   39.30   35.00
2023   37.20   31.30   39.60   37.00
2022   38.80   32.40   41.30   40.30
2021   38.80   30.40   38.80   37.30
2020   37.00   36.70   37.30   36.00

Here is a FACT.  JJ has his highest FG percentage of his career.

Here is a FACT.  JJ's 3 pt percentage is better than it was last year, and in the middle of the five years he has played.

Here is a FACT.  Santi's FG percentage is pretty much his career average.

Here is a FACT.  Santi does have his lowest 3 pt percentage of his career, but still above the national average of 34.1%.

So of the four stats I present above, one is worse, two are at their career averages, and one is better.

In other words, when you look at the ACTUAL FACTS, they are shooting about how they have their entire careers.

Thus you are reduced to saying "why haven't they improved", but they are DEMONSTRABLY not worse.

Please get your head out of your ass.

Actually on closer inspection, JJ's 3 point percentage is the highest of his career since his freshman year.  So I think that's a positive, in which case his combined stats are arguably the best of his career.

(drops mike)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: