VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 03:55:19 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shame to waste a 40 point effort by DK  (Read 227 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 10, 2024, 12:31:09 EST »

They didn?t start defending until it was too late.

But if this knocks us off that 1 line and out of the LA Regional, I?m okay with it.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2024, 12:37:23 EST »

Had a feeling this would happen today.  They fought hard till the end but felt like we partied hard on Thursday and kinda ran out of gas at the end of this gauntlet.  Oh well.  Onward!
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2024, 04:51:25 EDT »

Barnes post game said we were way too emotional coming out of the gate and it effected us the first half.....He said DK is a scorer and thinks every shot he takes he will make....but DK needs to help his teammates and dish it off more. There was times he had teammates that could have gotten some easy baskets but he didn't dish it off to them. Said DK needs to get better at that.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2024, 05:06:24 EDT »

Barnes post game said we were way too emotional coming out of the gate and it effected us the first half.....He said DK is a scorer and thinks every shot he takes he will make....but DK needs to help his teammates and dish it off more. There was times he had teammates that could have gotten some easy baskets but he didn't dish it off to them. Said DK needs to get better at that.

WOULD they have gotten those easy baskets, though? Or even taken the shots? All those blocks seemed to spook them in the paint, especially in the first half. Numerous times, our frontline guys could?ve gone up strong and at least drawn a foul, but instead they?d kick it back out.

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2024, 05:07:36 EDT »

It appears to me that most of the time SV and JJJ are looking to score as a last resort only. ZZ and Aidoo will look to score, and Gainey will take a shot if he has one, but just about everyone else seems to be on offense only to facilitate others.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2024, 09:10:22 EDT »

I think UK got away with a few fouls inside also.  For the second consecutive game, they were letting them play.

I was happy to see the team storm back, hate that they came up short.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: