VTTW Board Index
April 30, 2024, 11:17:32 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lady Vols?..wow  (Read 352 times)
Evol Knievol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« on: March 10, 2024, 12:48:58 EST »

Heartbreaking loss
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2024, 01:13:53 EST »

Just watched the last play. How in the hell does that happen? Especially with two fouls to give?

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2024, 01:52:02 EST »

That was a kick in the junk.   
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2024, 03:28:14 EDT »

You have a foul to give with an inbound at 1.1 seconds and you let any player catch a wide open inbounds pass? Uncontested?

That was as bad, or worse, than the no-rush by Auburn on the last play of the iron bowl.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2024, 03:57:27 EDT »

That was only the second three she ever attempted and the first one to go in.

And it was a bank shot.

Sheesh. That's just good luck for one side and bad luck for the other. 
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2024, 05:03:19 EDT »

That was only the second three she ever attempted and the first one to go in.

And it was a bank shot.

Sheesh. That's just good luck for one side and bad luck for the other. 
It was terribly lucky, but you do not leave anyone uncontested in that situation. The lack of awareness on that defensive possession is really amazing.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2024, 05:09:48 EDT »

It was terribly lucky, but you do not leave anyone uncontested in that situation. The lack of awareness on that defensive possession is really amazing.

Yea, someone should have run out there and fouled her before she even caught the ball. Letting anyone be that open is unacceptable.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2024, 06:47:33 EDT »

Zero pressure on the inbound and shooter...no one within 15 feet of the inbound or shooter and with a foul to give is coaching malpractice.

Kellie was actually crying in her presser.....think the pressure is getting to her...Man up and take the blame for that cluster at the end and stop sobbing.

She is 12-35 against ranked teams in her 5 years at UT. That's pitiful at a place like UT.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2024, 02:35:06 EDT »

Zero pressure on the inbound and shooter...no one within 15 feet of the inbound or shooter and with a foul to give is coaching malpractice.

Kellie was actually crying in her presser.....think the pressure is getting to her...Man up and take the blame for that cluster at the end and stop sobbing.

She is 12-35 against ranked teams in her 5 years at UT. That's pitiful at a place like UT.

⬆️ This! ⬆️
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2024, 10:27:44 EDT »

⬆️ This! ⬆️
Amen. But half these dolts on here don't want to here that. They will keep her around and all of a sudden expect titles. 

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2024, 11:05:53 EDT »

Amen. But half these dolts on here don't want to here that. They will keep her around and all of a sudden expect titles. 

Your usual strawman.  No one is happy that at this point in time, UT is barely qualifying for the NCAA tourney.  That is not where we should be as a program.  We have never failed to qualify for the tourney. I am on record as saying if that ever happens, whoever is the coach should be fired on the spot.

As for whatever else you say about Kelly, we did come within an eyelash of beating the cocks, and by your own admission should have. USC is hands down, by far, the no. 1 program in the country.

Does that excuse the horrible way we lost?  No.  (although I didn't see it, and am only going off what I read).

Does that mean we throw up our hands and give up on the rest of the season?  Not just no, but HELL no. 

Kelly could well use the frustration over the loss to spring this team deep into the tourney. 

My attitude is what it always is, "wait and see".  Then make an assessment after the season. No sense in the constant whining or the loser mentality you show, constantly harping on every negative thing you can.

Finally...I think you misinterpret Pirate. I am pretty sure he is saying "forget it, the administration is not going to make a move this year".  I can't speak for Pirate, but I can tell you that is a broad consensus among UT fans.

But anyway...has the team shown improvement this year?  We have played Junior three times.  The first was an ass kicking.  The second was a close game.  The third, by your own admission, we SHOULD HAVE WON.

That is progress whether you like it or not.

If we make the Elite Eight or even Final Four, then Kelly can redeem the season.  Honestly that's all that matters, is The Show.

Most everyone knows that, but you as usual seem uninformed (or ignorant if you prefer). 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2024, 11:10:33 EDT »

Let me add another side to this...which is that it's unrealistic to expect anyone to just step in for Pat and not miss a beat.  UCLA has never had another Wooden.  Lord knows we have not had another Neyland (Fulmer won one, but that's not Neyland level success.  Bama is the rare animal that had another Bear, but it took about 26 years or so.

Looking back, Holley was better than Kelly.  Maybe Kelly can at least match Holley, maybe even this year, but maybe routinely making the Sweet 16 with an occasional Elite 8 is not so bad.  Kelly has been nowhere near that.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2024, 08:45:48 EDT »

Your usual strawman.  No one is happy that at this point in time, UT is barely qualifying for the NCAA tourney.  That is not where we should be as a program.  We have never failed to qualify for the tourney. I am on record as saying if that ever happens, whoever is the coach should be fired on the spot.

As for whatever else you say about Kelly, we did come within an eyelash of beating the cocks, and by your own admission should have. USC is hands down, by far, the no. 1 program in the country.

Does that excuse the horrible way we lost?  No.  (although I didn't see it, and am only going off what I read).

Does that mean we throw up our hands and give up on the rest of the season?  Not just no, but HELL no. 

Kelly could well use the frustration over the loss to spring this team deep into the tourney. 
We didn't do anything but catch SC on a bad night and almost pulled it out. Her coaching prowess got them beat at the end. Sunshine pumpers are as pathetic as Debbie Downers.

My attitude is what it always is, "wait and see".  Then make an assessment after the season. No sense in the constant whining or the loser mentality you show, constantly harping on every negative thing you can.

Finally...I think you misinterpret Pirate. I am pretty sure he is saying "forget it, the administration is not going to make a move this year".  I can't speak for Pirate, but I can tell you that is a broad consensus among UT fans.

But anyway...has the team shown improvement this year?  We have played Junior three times.  The first was an ass kicking.  The second was a close game.  The third, by your own admission, we SHOULD HAVE WON.

That is progress whether you like it or not.

If we make the Elite Eight or even Final Four, then Kelly can redeem the season.  Honestly that's all that matters, is The Show.

Most everyone knows that, but you as usual seem uninformed (or ignorant if you prefer). 

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: