VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 01:03:43 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rick Barnes is begging Santiago Vescovi to take more shots  (Read 480 times)
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2024, 06:20:38 EDT »

https://www.on3.com/teams/tennessee-volunteers/news/tennessee-vols-basketball-santiago-vescovi-rick-barnes-begging-more-shots/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=2024-03-12&utm_campaign=Tennessee+Spring+Primer+Three+position+battles+to+watch
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2024, 04:59:00 EDT »

agree!

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2024, 05:14:50 EDT »

For this team to go as deep into the tournament as possible, I believe that SV and JJJ must be real threats to put up points. I am not saying that they have to score abundantly, but they must take and knock down open looks and create some points for the team.

In the games where this team gets decent scoring from JJJ, Aidoo, ZZ, and SV this Tennessee team has looked like a true Final Four contender.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2024, 08:49:08 EDT »

I read somewhere that in the last 4 games Vescovi stats are:
4.2 ppg
23.5 % from the field
20.8 % from 3 pt range.
If he does shoot more these hopefully improve.

volsboyinsodak
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2024, 10:07:05 EDT »

I read somewhere that in the last 4 games Vescovi stats are:
4.2 ppg
23.5 % from the field
20.8 % from 3 pt range.
If he does shoot more these hopefully improve.

Now how about rebounds, steals and defense stats?

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2024, 09:25:51 EDT »

Agree with JeffCo. Santi and JJJ are gonna have to light it up.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2024, 09:32:32 EDT »

At this point, I?m starting Mashack ahead of SV.

SV has 21 points in the last 6 games, I believe. Shack had 10 today, it?s a better defender, and can score on the offensive glass.

JJJ has 33 points in those same 6 games, iirc.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2024, 09:44:22 EDT »

I?m a big CRB fan. He has taken this program to a level that is awesome. Tennessee basketball games are events to look forward to, rather than an afterthought.

Having said all of that, it baffles me that a coach can let his team basically lose a basketball game in the first half without calling timeouts (multiple were necessary today) to attempt to squash momentum and make adjustments. Sometimes, just stopping the action fora couple of minutes can slow the momentum of an opponent but CRB rarely calls them. I don?t understand it.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2024, 11:32:43 EDT »

I?m a big CRB fan. He has taken this program to a level that is awesome. Tennessee basketball games are events to look forward to, rather than an afterthought.

Having said all of that, it baffles me that a coach can let his team basically lose a basketball game in the first half without calling timeouts (multiple were necessary today) to attempt to squash momentum and make adjustments. Sometimes, just stopping the action fora couple of minutes can slow the momentum of an opponent but CRB rarely calls them. I don?t understand it.
It looks more and more like first round Rick is gonna rear his head. If you mean he has us winning regular season SEC championships that don't mean anything really, then yep, we are flying high.

volsboyinsodak
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2024, 11:38:47 EDT »

I don?t feed trolls!!! 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2024, 01:05:17 EDT »

It looks more and more like first round Rick is gonna rear his head. If you mean he has us winning regular season SEC championships that don't mean anything really, then yep, we are flying high.

Your statement that "wiinning SEC Champions"....don't "mean anything" really doesn't require any response.  Its beyond idiotic.  SMH....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2024, 01:14:59 EDT »

Your statement that "wiinning SEC Champions"....don't "mean anything" really doesn't require any response.  Its beyond idiotic.  SMH....
it speaks truth to STUPIDITY

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2024, 01:48:38 EDT »

Actually, unless you need to win the conference tournament to get into the NCAA's, the conference tournament means practically nothing.

As I've said before, do away with it.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2024, 02:09:35 EDT »

Actually, unless you need to win the conference tournament to get into the NCAA's, the conference tournament means practically nothing.

As I've said before, do away with it.

I agree, but the troll was talking about the regular season championship.  That absolutely means something, particularly when its not a tie.

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2024, 02:22:57 EDT »

I agree, but the troll was talking about the regular season championship.  That absolutely means something, particularly when its not a tie.

I know. My point was that the regular season championship meant the most and the tourney means little comparatively. I could have been more clear.

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2024, 06:40:11 EDT »

What did the regular season SEC Championship get them yesterday? I didn't see Knecht pointing to his ring finger yesterday.

volsboyinsodak
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2024, 07:06:51 EDT »

This board needs an ?ignore? feature.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2024, 07:22:31 EDT »

What did the regular season SEC Championship get them yesterday? I didn't see Knecht pointing to his ring finger yesterday.
It got us something to piss you off

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2024, 05:09:43 EDT »

LMAO!

Read verrrryyy sllloooowwwlyyyy

It.

Got.

Us.

A REGULAR SEC CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

But OMFG!  How dense are you?

Listen Virginia...it's hard to win an SEC Championship. let alone be SOLE champion. UT has accomplished this 3 times in the last 50 years.  Its a moment to be treasured.

Seriously...did you take a hit on the head when you were a child, or do you just sniff glue habitually? 

I CANT BELIEVE...I have to explain this to you. 

What a fizzleing dumbass.    (Droner I know name calling is a violation of board rules...but COME ON!!!   )

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2024, 05:51:10 EDT »

It got us something to piss you off

That's harsh....real harsh. But funny. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: