VTTW Board Index
May 01, 2024, 01:05:22 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well if this holds  (Read 290 times)
Evol Knievol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2024, 08:02:37 EDT »

We can forget a one seed. Just hope we keep a two in play. This is hard to watch.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2024, 08:23:33 EDT »

MSU had 16 FG in the first half.

15 of them were inside of 10 feet.

Tennessee was intimidated inside from the beginning imo.
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2024, 08:53:42 EDT »

I guess the team wanted the #2 seed...

Evol Knievol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2024, 09:09:23 EDT »

Their gameplan?.. double knecht and make the others beat them.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2024, 09:10:18 EDT »

I hate to say it, but I think that Tennessee needs a really good draw to make any major progress through the tourney. They need to be matched against teams that aren?t physical and athletic in the paint. It would also help if they were also lacking perimeter players who are good at getting to the middle on the dribble.

MSUx2, USC, and TAMU all beat this team because of these factors.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2024, 09:18:02 EDT »

I just don?t understand how THAT team has our number. After the first game I would?ve said that Tolu Smith was the secret sauce, but he was a non-factor today.

THAT is the only SEC team we didn?t beat this year. MSU. 8-10 MSU. Oh well- better them than UK, bammer, or AU I guess. 

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2024, 09:37:09 EDT »

I just don?t understand how THAT team has our number. After the first game I would?ve said that Tolu Smith was the secret sauce, but he was a non-factor today.

THAT is the only SEC team we didn?t beat this year. MSU. 8-10 MSU. Oh well- better them than UK, bammer, or AU I guess. 
MSUx2, USC, and TAMU were all physical and imposing in the paint when they defeated Tennessee. That is just a weakness for this team. Aidoo is weak against strong, athletic bigs and Tobe just does not have all the necessary tools (at least yet).

Those teams also had guard play that was effective at driving the basketball. Another soft spot for this team at times, especially when they have those bigs to clean up after them.
tshadow
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2024, 10:04:43 EDT »

This is old and rewashed and retread... but it must have validity. Our teams lack a winning edge (killer instinct/hunger). They arrive at respect and are satisfied. If respect is all they earn then they will never be able to answer yes when they wonder if they did their best. How can you respect yourself knowing you didn't do your best?
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2024, 11:28:07 EDT »

Barnes should know how to beat this team after playing them twice. They did the same thing in the other loss. Hope they get a favorable seed. Any physical team will mean the season is over. If we play Perdue again I hope it's after a few games. But the way the game has changed in recent years physical teams are getting fewer and fewer. Dominant big men aren't as coveted. Shooting 3's is.

volsboyinsodak
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2024, 11:40:02 EDT »

Barnes should know how to beat this team after playing them twice. They did the same thing in the other loss. Hope they get a favorable seed. Any physical team will mean the season is over. If we play Perdue again I hope it's after a few games. But the way the game has changed in recent years physical teams are getting fewer and fewer. Dominant big men aren't as coveted. Shooting 3's is.
BTW oh intelligent one, this was only the 2nd time we played them this year
Played them very early at their place

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2024, 01:00:40 EDT »

I'm writing this one off as "Barnes and the team don't care about the SECT".  ICBW, but I hope not.

We will find out.

For the record, I only watched on my phone as a restaurant, groggy from a certain medical procedure I had this morning that requires fasting and the massive ingestion of a certain foul tasting liquid the day before. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2024, 01:13:32 EDT »

Traffic was a bit heavier out of Nash but pitched up in TBA for to watch Lenyrd Skynyrd and Tres Hombres 

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: