VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 12:49:52 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NC State 79...Lady Vols 72...FINAL..........  (Read 282 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2024, 12:05:42 EDT »

Lady Vols were outscored 25-8 in the second quarter. They tried to make a game out of it but it was too much to overcome.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2024, 12:14:26 EDT »

Where does this leave us?

Can we pay less and get greater production?

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2024, 01:07:37 EDT »

Jackson saved Kellies job for another year by coming back. She missed 8 games early due to injury and we looked like crap....but won enough to save Kellies job when she came back. Stop and think what we would have looked like this year without Jackson. Ugly.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2024, 01:42:42 EDT »

Jackson saved Kellies job for another year by coming back. She missed 8 games early due to injury and we looked like crap....but won enough to save Kellies job when she came back. Stop and think what we would have looked like this year without Jackson. Ugly.
Is saving Kellys job a good thing? We are not an elite program even in the SEC, much less in the country. Do we think Kelly is going to change that? How much more do we need to see? However Duke mens team hired an ex player and have done pretty well in the tourney since he was hired.. I still think they need to hire outside the Vol family. Everybody says, "but she learned from Pat". I haven't seen anything she learned from Pat on the court much since Kelly took over. Honestly.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2024, 06:31:10 EDT »

I was thinking it will be ugly without her next year 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2024, 07:32:36 EDT »

Kellie is now 12-37 against ranked teams in her 5 years at UT. That can't be excused or defended.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2024, 10:03:54 EDT »

The program is in worse shape than Holly left it. If I recall, the Lady Vols were headed downward before Pat had to step down.

volsboyinsodak
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2024, 12:13:08 EDT »

Kentucky just hired the Virginia Tech women's coach. Things are getting tougher for the Lady Vols.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2024, 03:07:58 EDT »

Kentucky just hired the Virginia Tech women's coach. Things are getting tougher for the Lady Vols.

That would be correct. Damn good hire by KY.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2024, 03:56:49 EDT »

We should have beaten USC jr in the SEC tourney.  I hated to see how hard Kellie took that. I really like her and want her to succeed, but if next year is the disaster we fear it may be without Jackson, a change will have to be made.

The team did improve from her earlier years, but has a long way to go.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: