VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 12:17:38 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What will be the best way to attack Purdue  (Read 272 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2024, 06:38:49 EDT »

Do we go after Edey? Can we out physical them? Will we get help from the refs against Edey. Nobody has so far. Or let Edey get his and put the clamp down on the rest of the team.

volsboyinsodak
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2024, 06:43:36 EDT »

We gotta jack up their offense early in the possession I would think, don?t let them get in rhythm.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2024, 06:49:07 EDT »

We can't miss so many gimmies at the rim either. i would like to get a big lead early and make them play from behind.

volsboyinsodak
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2024, 12:53:08 EDT »

I think you have to take away the players not named Edey. Smother them when they have the basketball, kind of like we did with both Texas and Creighton. Then hope that you can score enough to win.

Tennessee?s ball pressure has been a thing of real beauty the past two games. Keep on keeping on.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2024, 02:39:40 EDT »

I think you have to take away the players not named Edey. Smother them when they have the basketball, kind of like we did with both Texas and Creighton. Then hope that you can score enough to win.

Tennessee?s ball pressure has been a thing of real beauty the past two games. Keep on keeping on.

THIS

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2024, 07:18:37 EDT »

Agree with this...

And try to keep Edey from getting the ball in the low post....If he does then don't foul let him get his points. Try our best to keep him out of the paint....Need to glue guard their PG...he had 15 assists last night and averaging close to 11 per game.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2024, 07:36:30 EDT »

Agree with this...

And try to keep Edey from getting the ball in the low post....If he does then don't foul let him get his points. Try our best to keep him out of the paint....Need to glue guard their PG...he had 15 assists last night and averaging close to 11 per game.
I agree 100%. Tennessee cannot afford to get into foul trouble, especially in the post. Stay straight up on him.

Also, you are absolutely correct about the guards. Make them uncomfortable with ball pressure. Carry the fight to your opponent and keep it there for 40 minutes.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2024, 09:01:03 EDT »

Maybe Edey will catch what Vescovi was out with.

volsboyinsodak
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2024, 10:13:06 EDT »

Maybe Edey will catch what Vescovi was out with.

As long as none of ours do.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2024, 11:03:22 EDT »

Edey has 886 points this season. He has made 287 FTs, or roughly one-third of his points. Do not put him on the line.

One thing to add after a little film watching: I would have Aidoo, Tobe, and Estrella aggressively sprint to the block on the offensive end on every possession - rotate them enough to keep them fresh. I think that you force Edey to aggressively run the floor on defense and hopefully get points in the paint when/if he is late (or open 3?s when other Purdue defenders are forced to help).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: