VTTW Board Index
April 30, 2024, 06:37:14 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: And heeeeeerrrrreeee come the refs.  (Read 304 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 31, 2024, 09:45:56 EDT »

Evol Knievol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2024, 09:51:02 EDT »

The Munster can force himself back and if you stand your ground gets you a foul.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2024, 09:55:59 EDT »

The Munster can force himself back and if you stand your ground gets you a foul.

Guess who's the only guy on the floor with zero fouls?

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2024, 09:58:41 EDT »

fizzle this. It's over. We aren't even allowed to play defense, just like I feared.

I. fizzleing. HATE. Purdue.

Evol Knievol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2024, 10:02:35 EDT »

I told my buddy after the first 5 minutes the the refs wouldn?t let Purdue lose.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2024, 10:48:55 EDT »

You can blame the officials, and I admit that the calls weren?t reciprocal on both ends, but go look at the Tennessee shot chart from 10-15 feet (most were wide open looks). Make half of those and Tennessee wins by 10 most likely.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2024, 11:05:57 EDT »

You can blame the officials, and I admit that the calls weren?t reciprocal on both ends, but go look at the Tennessee shot chart from 10-15 feet (most were wide open looks). Make half of those and Tennessee wins by 10 most likely.

Yep...and our paint points was awful. They pretty much doubled us up there....

Purdue shot 33 FTs......UT shot 11. Bullshizzle.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2024, 11:34:25 EDT »

We knew Edey was going to get his points...but we needed to limit the others. Also we said others had to step up for us to advance....We had 1 step up for the challenge and others did not. Thus we are going home.
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2024, 04:02:29 EDT »

I honestly don?t mean this as sour grapes, but this is the major factor in our loss.  If his fouls are largely ignored, it is nearly impossible to beat them

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2024, 12:48:38 EDT »

I honestly don?t mean this as sour grapes, but this is the major factor in our loss.  If his fouls are largely ignored, it is nearly impossible to beat them

This is what I was saying last week. To beat Purdue, you have to get at least a somewhat fair whistle, or else it?s completely out of your hands. It was being called pretty evenly until we went on that 15-2 run. Then they went into ?Protect the Precious? mode and never let up. That tells me there was intent. Even if we HAD shot better from the midrange, they still would?ve found a way to take it from us in the end. We were never winning this game. Shouldn?t even have made the trip. The powers that be want UConn vs Purdue in the finals, and that?s what they?ll get come hell or high water.

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2024, 01:25:07 EDT »

This is what I was saying last week. To beat Purdue, you have to get at least a somewhat fair whistle, or else it?s completely out of your hands. It was being called pretty evenly until we went on that 15-2 run. Then they went into ?Protect the Precious? mode and never let up. That tells me there was intent. Even if we HAD shot better from the midrange, they still would?ve found a way to take it from us in the end. We were never winning this game. Shouldn?t even have made the trip. The powers that be want UConn vs Purdue in the finals, and that?s what they?ll get come hell or high water.
I can?t agree with this. I don?t see a conspiracy in this. I think that Edey is officiated differently, but if Tennessee had been more productive in the 10-15 foot range and at the FT line, we would be thinking about NC State right now.

jmo
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2024, 04:39:46 EDT »

I can?t agree with this. I don?t see a conspiracy in this. I think that Edey is officiated differently, but if Tennessee had been more productive in the 10-15 foot range and at the FT line, we would be thinking about NC State right now.

jmo

Yep...Sad.

Wonder why we didn't front Edey...Playing at his back wasn't and didn't work.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2024, 03:13:00 EDT »

Yep...Sad.

Wonder why we didn't front Edey...Playing at his back wasn't and didn't work.
I had the same thought during the game, especially when they were trying to play Aidoo. Jonas was never gonna be able to stop Edey by playing behind him.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: