VTTW Board Index
May 01, 2024, 11:42:44 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm gonna be a daddy next Wednesday, the 17th  (Read 17724 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: August 13, 2011, 02:25:16 EDT »

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 02:32:20 EDT »

Congrats!!   
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 02:51:54 EDT »

WOOOHOOO!!!   We'll be waiting for pictures!   

XHotlanta
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 04:31:00 EDT »

HOORAY!   Thanks for sharing this fab news with your Vol pals! 

The night before you might be a little  but the day after you will certainly be  .

C'mon, smoke a cigar in advance!   
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 07:30:21 EDT »

Fantasic! (watch where you point that camera son, or for the rest of your marriage.............!)   

Yeah, what about the cigars?

G
Oldvol75
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 09:07:57 EDT »

God “The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the external rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained.” from George Washington’s first Inaugural address.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 09:29:04 EDT »

Fantasic! (watch where you point that camera son, or for the rest of your marriage.............!)   

Yeah, what about the cigars?

G

I've been puffin' off and on all day!   

I'm just in a surreal state of mind, I can't believe it's already here!
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2011, 09:33:43 EDT »

I've been puffin' off and on all day!   

I'm just in a surreal state of mind, I can't believe it's already here!

You misunderstand....the new father hands out cigars. GIMMEH!!
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2011, 09:58:17 EDT »

so..unless she goes into labor before then, you are inducing?

Congrats. You're not going to believe how much your life changes. For the better.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2011, 11:30:52 EDT »

You misunderstand....the new father hands out cigars. GIMMEH!!

Well you still owe me some sticks so I'm electing to let you do that.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2011, 11:36:10 EDT »

so..unless she goes into labor before then, you are inducing?

Congrats. You're not going to believe how much your life changes. For the better.

Scheduled C section.  Not what either one of us wanted, but the Dr. said the baby was too big and her bone structure was too small.. he said he didn't even want to try natural birth.  Of course the decision is still ours, but we trust the Dr's judgement. The wife was really disappointed by this, but I keep telling her how lucky we are to be becoming parents and how we felt when we tried for a baby for over a year, fearing we would be one of the unfortunate couples who just couldn't.  I think she's accepting it a little better today than when the Dr. told us yesterday.

It's not ideal, but there are some upsides.  It's planned, so we know when it will be and we can get everything in order.  I can drive her there and there's no chance of me being at work and getting the call and having to decide if I can get home to her in time.  The baby's head will be prettier upon birth!    It's just the way it was meant to be.  Just excited and blessed to become parents.     And super glad he's healthy!   
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 01:57:44 EDT by VinnieVOL » Logged
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2011, 02:22:09 EDT »

Not what either one of us wanted, but the Dr. said the baby was too big and her bone structure was too small.. he said he didn't even want to try natural birth.

It's not ideal, but there are some upsides.  It's planned, so we know when it will be and we can get everything in order.  I can drive her there and there's no chance of me being at work and getting the call and having to decide if I can get home to her in time.  The baby's head will be prettier upon birth!    It's just the way it was meant to be.  Just excited and blessed to become parents.     And super glad he's healthy!   

Vinnie, it's all natural no matter which way she delivers! I promise the joy will be no less than if you had been able to plan everying to the minute! When my daughter was born, we did the Lamaze method. Afterwards, I made my sister-in-law and my younger sisters promise they would have an epidural for their first born (they did it the next time, too!)! There is no good reason for the mom's physical torture and endangering the baby. I promise you are making the best decision and it will be no less joyous than if the stork himself delivered your child!

Be the MAN, my brother!!!!!

G
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2011, 03:38:13 EDT »

Scheduled C section.  Not what either one of us wanted, but the Dr. said the baby was too big and her bone structure was too small.. he said he didn't even want to try natural birth.  Of course the decision is still ours, but we trust the Dr's judgement. The wife was really disappointed by this, but I keep telling her how lucky we are to be becoming parents and how we felt when we tried for a baby for over a year, fearing we would be one of the unfortunate couples who just couldn't.  I think she's accepting it a little better today than when the Dr. told us yesterday.

yes, trust the doc. Our second one was a big baby and my wife is small, so it did lead to complications. She lost a lot of blood and had to be given blood, and she had epidural headaches as well.  It worked out fine in the end, but in retrospect a c section may have been a better option. A C-section is a surgery, and recovery time is a bit longer than vaginal birth, but she'll be allright, and like you said, it is scheduled and you know can plan ahead. Best of luck and let me assure you, being a dad is awesome!
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2011, 04:29:51 EDT »

Scheduled C section.  

When my step-son was born, he was his mother's first and last. C was a big boy and breach; his mother had, I think 82 stitches. Don't scare your wife with this, but give her a lot of support. Now you know why.

G
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2011, 04:30:54 EDT »

Thanks guys/gals... You know, obviously my wife knows I'm a regalar poster here.  In fact when we would have big news such as the baby, one of the things she would ask is "have you posted it on the board yet?" then she loves reading the congratulatory abd encouraging responses.  I think your posts of encouragement have gone towards easing her mind about the whole thing.  A c section was not in her plans at all, but it is what it is.

You know, this is such a special time.  I find myself wanting to freeze time so i can take in these moments, but at the same time Wednesday can't get here soon enough.  It's so surreal.

Tonight as I was fumbling around trying to assemble his new playpen/bassinette she was laughing hysterically at me becoming frustrated with the instructions.  I think it's the hardest I've ever seen her laugh.  I can't really explain, but I just looked up at her and thought "God, what an amazing woman".  This is going to be such an incredible journey!
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2011, 04:45:28 EDT »

Well, you've seen it cycle through. She's no longer nesting and ready; you, on the other hand are panicked!

As far as the nursery, what the hell are you doing reading the instructions?!?!?!?!!!!!!! Build that stuff! You don't need instructions! Look at the picture.

Just when I thought you were a manly man.       

G
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2011, 05:02:40 EDT »

Well, you've seen it cycle through. She's no longer nesting and ready; you, on the other hand are panicked!

As far as the nursery, what the hell are you doing reading the instructions?!?!?!?!!!!!!! Build that stuff! You don't need instructions! Look at the picture.

Just when I thought you were a manly man.       

G

I will admit, I'm a nervous wreck assembling things for the baby.  So many warning labels!  "Your child's life depends on you doing this right." 
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2011, 05:29:03 EDT »

I will admit, I'm a nervous wreck assembling things for the baby.  So many warning labels!  "Your child's life depends on you doing this right." 

Good Lord, son. Do you know how many people have survived when there's a little dirt in their food? I will bet you $100 right now that your child will eat his poop!

Kids are resilient! Have you ever seen a kid with a cast? It is no burden; they do what they do. Relax, the best you can. You make me smile!!!

G
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2011, 05:56:26 EDT »

Ours were born via c-section as well. The recovery is harder on Mom, obviously, but that baby will be the prettiest one in the nursery and it won't be just your paternal bias making you think so. 
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2011, 07:02:16 EDT »

Thanks guys/gals... You know, obviously my wife knows I'm a regalar poster here.  In fact when we would have big news such as the baby, one of the things she would ask is "have you posted it on the board yet?" then she loves reading the congratulatory abd encouraging responses.  I think your posts of encouragement have gone towards easing her mind about the whole thing.  A c section was not in her plans at all, but it is what it is.

You know, this is such a special time.  I find myself wanting to freeze time so i can take in these moments, but at the same time Wednesday can't get here soon enough.  It's so surreal.

Tonight as I was fumbling around trying to assemble his new playpen/bassinette she was laughing hysterically at me becoming frustrated with the instructions.  I think it's the hardest I've ever seen her laugh.  I can't really explain, but I just looked up at her and thought "God, what an amazing woman".  This is going to be such an incredible journey!

great post      *like*

RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2011, 02:31:48 EDT »

Vinnie...my sister-in-law had 3 C sections because she was too small to deliver....she did fine.   So will your beautiful wife!   Can't wait to see pictures of "Little Vinnie Vol"!   We are all so excited for both of you!   You'll be a wonderful father -- of that I have no doubt!  :-)   

tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2011, 02:54:10 EDT »

Vinne, I'm so happy for you! Seems like yesterday we were reading about the wedding. BTW, we need a contest to give your boy a board name. I'm gonna say V-Vol.
XHotlanta
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2011, 11:21:31 EDT »

Great, great post, bud.   Everyone in the VTTW community, Vol or visitor, is really very lucky to have a board where they can make, or read, a post like this.

But next time ... just buy one that's pre-assembled, OK?!  As an old bachelor w/0 kids, I am fully qualified to make this recommendation! 
Barbivol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2011, 05:33:44 EDT »

I had the first C-section after 48 hours of intense pain that I was begging them to do something..they finally took my beautiful son by C-section when I could no longer take the labor...The next time I was pregnant..I told the doctor that if he did not do a C-section that I was outta there to find a doctor that would...She will be fine...the baby will be there in approximately 20 minutes after they start...:O)  You will cry when you see your first baby..be prepared..That is okee dokee..My big tuff son came to the door when his first daughter was born and said.." I just fell in love all over again!"  And he was boohooing like a little girl!  I was so proud of him...:O) Be ready for  the greatest time of your life...:O)  Vinnie I am so happy for you and the Mrs...Two great people bringing a beautiful life into this world. How good is that? :O) & hugs! 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2011, 01:30:08 EDT »

Just thinking about it is already the best thing I can imagine.. I'm gonna be a wreck come Wednesday!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: