VTTW Board Index
April 27, 2024, 09:40:19 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Site transition (please read)  (Read 9598 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 11, 2012, 07:44:18 EDT »

I appreciate each person that has reached out to me offering to help or to take over the board outright to ensure that it doesn't die. This means a lot to me that so many people think VTTW is important enough to continue on.

I am very proud to say that TRO will be stepping back in and assuming control of the board going forward. To be honest, if I had it to do over, I would've gone to Tony before I made the original announcement and asked him to take it, but I assumed some things to be true that weren't and thought he wouldn't want to be involved. I am pleasantly surprised by today's developments, but I also apologize to the handful of you who were having discussions about the direction of the board going forward.

As stated before, I will stay around as a semi-active poster and will assist in the technical transition. TRO will have free reign to identify his technical help and to make any changes to the site that he sees fit to make.

I hope everyone is excited by this news. 

Again, I really appreciate the outpouring of affection and concern both for me personally and the board itself. Just so everyone knows, I'm perfectly fine. As a matter of fact, I've never been better. In the last two years I've lost 60 pounds and virtually finished my MBA. My kids are wonderful and my marriage is the best it has ever been. My career is taking off again, and my life is exciting and fulfilling. I just examined everything and realized that I wasn't going to make a place in it for owning a board. It's not fair to me and it's not fair to the board. The board deserves better than I am willing to give.

If you have questions or comments you can post them here or direct them to me or TRO via PM.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 07:52:41 EDT »

Great news!  Welcome back Tony.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 07:55:52 EDT »

Well dang, that's an interesting turn. And a great one.

Lawyers rule! 
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 08:24:52 EDT »

A perfect fit. If anyone was worried that the board would change in a way that substantially deviates from what has made it special, this should put that fear to rest.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 09:09:42 EDT »

That's great news! Again, I really appreciate Revolver and TRO's work over the years. This board is THE place I go for all things UT, and lawn care, and computer support, and home improvement advice, and...

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 09:15:08 EDT »

Hi everyone.  I have already started contacting some of the people who reached out to Jeff offering to help.  I am obviously going to need help moving forward, and I appreciate the offers I have received thus far.  To echo the Bossman, this just shows how much the VTTW means to people.  You won't be seeing any major changes for the foreseeable future, and perhaps ever.  But, there will be changes because we are losing a tech genius in ReVOLver.  More about that and other things later, but for now, just keep on keeping on.   
NC Enginerd
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 09:26:09 EDT »

I am very proud to say that TRO will be stepping back in and assuming control of the board going forward. To be honest, if I had it to do over, I would've gone to Tony before I made the original announcement and asked him to take it, but I assumed some things to be true that weren't and thought he wouldn't want to be involved. I am pleasantly surprised by today's developments, but I also apologize to the handful of you who were having discussions about the direction of the board going forward.

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected." - G.K. Chesterton ILN, 4/19/24
Barbivol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 09:38:07 EDT »

RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, 09:56:05 EDT »

WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!    Couldn't have gotten better news today -- thanks Tony!! 

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2012, 10:16:07 EDT »

This board has needed a graphics pro 

I'm glad it worked out this way.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2012, 10:55:28 EDT »

This board has needed a graphics pro 

I'm glad it worked out this way.
THE Graphics Pro was BTH

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2012, 12:53:14 EDT »

But, there will be changes because we are losing a tech genius in ReVOLver. 

Now, he's a technical genius
He can solve the world's problems without even trying
He's got dozens of friends, and the fun never ends
That is, as long as he's buying
Is it any wonder he's not the President?
Is it any wonder he's null and void?

Styx. 

That's right.  I went there.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2012, 02:32:14 EDT »

THE Graphics Pro was BTH

That's Raj's number. Seems appropriate somehow, given the improvement in our run game.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2012, 02:36:37 EDT »

THE Graphics Pro was BTH

Here is one I liked. 
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2012, 03:24:37 EDT »

Here is one I liked. 
:dielaughing classic!

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2012, 05:55:15 EDT »

Tony is the welcome one for the board, for sure. Not kidding you, some of those posts got me emotional.

G
FranklinVol
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2012, 03:31:42 EDT »

Well alright.  VTTW carries on.. return of TRO... Hells YEAH.  I love me some win-win.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2012, 03:34:45 EDT »

I appreciate each person that has reached out to me offering to help or to take over the board outright to ensure that it doesn't die. This means a lot to me that so many people think VTTW is important enough to continue on.

As stated before, I will stay around as a semi-active poster and will assist in the technical transition. TRO will have free reign to identify his technical help and to make any changes to the site that he sees fit to make.

I hope everyone is excited by this news. 

Again, I really appreciate the outpouring of affection and concern both for me personally and the board itself. Just so everyone knows, I'm perfectly fine. As a matter of fact, I've never been better. In the last two years I've lost 60 pounds and virtually finished my MBA. My kids are wonderful and my marriage is the best it has ever been. My career is taking off again, and my life is exciting and fulfilling. I just examined everything and realized that I wasn't going to make a place in it for owning a board. It's not fair to me and it's not fair to the board. The board deserves better than I am willing to give.

If you have questions or comments you can post them here or direct them to me or TRO via PM.
So ...
The more things change, the more they remain the same??

Welcome back TRO!

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

Be-the-Vol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2012, 03:46:14 EDT »

there goes the neighborhood!   
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2012, 04:24:43 EDT »

Well it's trashed now, that's for sure. 

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2012, 09:37:41 EDT »

now that I am working full time from home I am much more able to monitor and do things that he might need so I can help if needed. 

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2012, 09:46:23 EDT »

WOO!!

RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2012, 09:47:08 EDT »