VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 10:31:06 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hearing a little smoke that  (Read 50597 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2012, 03:42:03 EDT »

Yep, and Bandit disagrees with every one of them.   

No I don't.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2012, 04:04:19 EDT »

Looks like an announcement may come this week or next

I've seen rumblings of this today, but nothing from anything I consider trustworthy. Where are you hearing it?

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2012, 04:33:12 EDT »

I've seen rumblings of this today, but nothing from anything I consider trustworthy. Where are you hearing it?

Rumblings, like you say, same feel to it, not really concrete. Which is why I used the word "may"
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2012, 05:20:44 EDT »

Rumblings, like you say, same feel to it, not really concrete. Which is why I used the word "may"

Got it.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Oldvol75
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2012, 07:17:01 EDT »

Gruden is the man they are going after. Have been since after Florida. Dooley has already been told. The story has been leaking since last week. This week the flood gates have opened up. The AD is painting a picture before the announcement is made. Joining the T-club was the best thing I've ever done.

God “The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the external rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained.” from George Washington’s first Inaugural address.
Oldvol75
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2012, 07:22:32 EDT »

Also you are beginning to hear Saban to the Browns talk, a few down here are starting to get worried.

God “The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the external rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained.” from George Washington’s first Inaugural address.
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2012, 07:31:20 EDT »

Also you are beginning to hear Saban to the Browns talk, a few down here are starting to get worried.

Anything to make the bammers quake in their shoes is good. But if that does happen, then there will be an almost unprecedented list of upper tier SEC schools looking for coaches: Tennessee, Auburn, Arkansas, Alabama....wow.  That will certainly make for an interesting off season.

Bammer suxes! That is all!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2012, 07:32:40 EDT »

Please.
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2012, 07:40:15 EDT »

Please.

This has been talked about on the radio here but I think it was more of a ".Haslam will try to ruin bammer" thing than anything concrete.  But I did hear Saban said he will not be the next coach of the Browns....so....
japanvol
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2012, 07:41:18 EDT »

You might be able to add Georgia to that list if they lose to Florida (especially if they get blown out) and continue to play poorly (beat terrible teams by 5 points) the rest of the year.
Oldvol75
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2012, 07:42:18 EDT »

This has been talked about on the radio here but I think it was more of a ".Haslam will try to ruin bammer" thing than anything concrete.  But I did hear Saban said he will not be the next coach of the Browns....so....

When you hear Saban say he will not be the next coach of the Browns, he will be.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2012, 07:45:15 EDT »

Anything to make the bammers quake in their shoes is good. But if that does happen, then there will be an almost unprecedented list of upper tier SEC schools looking for coaches: Tennessee, Auburn, Arkansas, Alabama....wow.  That will certainly make for an interesting off season.

And out of the SEC, you can almost certainly add Texas to the list.  If I were bammer, I would be more worried about them than Cleveland.  UF may want to keep an eye on them, too.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2012, 08:38:45 EDT »

Saban is not going NFL. He hated it. Not enough control.

Now if TX comes calling, I think he'd consider it. I don't think he has much left to prove at Bama, and he has a large ego.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2012, 09:21:10 EDT »

Saban is not going NFL. He hated it. Not enough control.

Now if TX comes calling, I think he'd consider it. I don't think he has much left to prove at Bama, and he has a large ego.

I agreed with your first part until I heard that Haslam might want to make him President of the Browns as well, or something like that.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2012, 09:30:55 EDT »

I agreed with your first part until I heard that Haslam might want to make him President of the Browns as well, or something like that.

I hadn't heard that. That might be enough control, and it would certainly feed his ego

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2012, 09:52:29 EDT »

I don't know why he would leave bama for any other school....he currently has it about as well as he could imagine.  If Tejas offers more money, the mouth-breathing crimson hordes will take out an equity loan on their many trailers and counter it.

Plus, Tejas might not be as willing to look the other way on the massive cheating that bammer is almost certainly doing.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2012, 09:54:33 EDT »

I don't know why he would leave bama for any other school....he currently has it about as well as he could imagine.  If Tejas offers more money, the mouth-breathing crimson hordes will take out an equity loan on their many trailers and counter it.

Plus, Tejas might not be as willing to look the other way on the massive cheating that bammer is almost certainly doing.   

They would look the other way if Texass was 11-1 every season

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2012, 10:10:03 EDT »

They would look the other way if Texass was 11-1 every season

It's not about what Tejas would do so much as are they really crazier than the bammers?  Is anyone?  You have to kind of live in the state to know just ....HOW....crazy they is.   

dansavol1
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2012, 10:15:28 EDT »

have the same agent....Sexton?  that is about the only way anything can be done quietly.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2012, 03:51:08 EDT »

I’m not gon’ choke from the smoke

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2012, 04:33:17 EDT »

I’m not gon’ choke from the smoke

Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2012, 04:44:19 EDT »

I strongly disagree.  For someone like satan, he is not driven by money.  He has all the money he could ever need/want.  However, he does have a huge ego.  If he wins another championship at Bama, what is there left for him to achieve there?  Would his ego drive him to try and duplicate that at a huge place like Texas or would he want to try the NFL again and see if he can be successful there instead of the failure that he was????
IvoryTusk
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2012, 06:21:39 EDT »

Trust me - from someone who follows Alabama anything religously - Saban has had his fill of the NFL (Browns, Dolphins) - and he's said ad nauseum that he does not want to coach well into his 70's like Bowden or Paterno.  IE - at his age, he doesn't have enough time to turn another program around and enjoy the fruit of that success - and - from where he is at Alabama, every other NCAA job would be a step down - he's built an empire and simply reloads now - he's not leaving that for Texas, or Cleveland, or any other job.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2012, 06:28:45 EDT »

Trust me - from someone who follows Alabama anything religously - Saban has had his fill of the NFL (Browns, Dolphins) - and he's said ad nauseum that he does not want to coach well into his 70's like Bowden or Paterno.  IE - at his age, he doesn't have enough time to turn another program around and enjoy the fruit of that success - and - from where he is at Alabama, every other NCAA job would be a step down - he's built an empire and simply reloads now - he's not leaving that for Texas, or Cleveland, or any other job.

Nick would if Texas big money Men showed up and offered Him 5-6 million dollars

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2012, 07:06:21 EDT »

Unless your name is Saban you have no more of an idea what he will do than anyone else. All you know for sure is that you don't want him to leave. He may, he may not......time will tell. After the success he has had there he is one 9-3 season from getting a brick through his window too. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: