VTTW Board Index
April 25, 2024, 04:40:51 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hearing a little smoke that  (Read 50501 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 22, 2012, 01:39:07 EDT »

Hart already has his guy and that the decision has already been made to make the change, but it won't be announced until later in the season, or possibly even after the regular season.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 01:49:42 EDT »

Wow......................................I just think we need to make a change, even with the risks...................................credible source?

Gruden??.........................................seen at a Waffle House in Knoxville Saturday after the game...............................
Manning??
Cut??
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 01:51:52 EDT by ChattanoogaVol » Logged

Go Big Orange.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 01:51:12 EDT »

Wow......................................I just think we need to make a change, even with the risks...................................credible source?

I wouldn't call it concrete, but yes I'd say that it's credible... if it's wrong, it's not because the person I heard it from is trolling.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 01:54:09 EDT »

Gruden??.........................................seen at a Waffle House in Knoxville Saturday after the game...............................
Manning??
Cut??

No names given or implied.

ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 01:54:49 EDT »

Maybe there is hope after all......................................the pic of Hart on GoVols, talking about the MS game.......................he looked like he could kick someone in the face, and he looks fairly short, and not very flexible..............

I expected that we would lose to Bammer, but the game from our side was uglier that i thought it would be..............
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 01:57:08 EDT by ChattanoogaVol » Logged

Go Big Orange.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 01:58:15 EDT »

If true, kudos to Hart for not running his mouth about it to the KNS... Like Hammy.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 02:01:03 EDT »

OTOH, Idk how he expects to keep it quiet.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 02:01:57 EDT »

I think the writing is definitely on the wall now, and a change is inevitable.  The only question is, how soon?  Driving home last night, I wondered if Dooley would even make it beyond Monday (tomorrow).  

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012, 02:04:29 EDT »

I expected that we would lose to Bammer, but the game from our side was uglier that i thought it would be..............

Same way I feel.

But there is no such thing as a moral loss.  A loss is a loss.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2012, 02:05:22 EDT »

I've heard quite a bit, some of it from the former Vol that got me into the Letterman Club.  Unlike you, I have heard a definite name.

It's the same one everyone else has heard.

MO...it's all smoke. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2012, 02:05:33 EDT »

I think the writing is definitely on the wall now, and a change is inevitable.  The only question is, how soon?  Driving home last night, I wondered if Dooley would even make it beyond Monday (tomorrow).  
Interesting.  I asked Emeril if he thought Dooley makes it through the weekend.
Upon reflection I think that while Dooley may know sooner the public will not know till closer to or after the end of the regular season.

Why?  See 2008 and the circus due to the idiocy of Hamilton

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2012, 02:06:42 EDT »

I would almost bet my house Dooley is not getting let go tomorrow.  If he does, once again, I have no respect for Hart.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2012, 02:07:12 EDT »

I've heard quite a bit, some of it from the former Vol that got me into the Letterman Club.  Unlike you, I have heard a definite name.

It's the same one everyone else has heard.

MO...it's all smoke. 

I won't believe that name until it's announced. I still think we will be mining in Kirby Smart / Charlie Strong / Troy Calhoun territory.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2012, 02:08:45 EDT »

Upon reflection I think that while Dooley may know sooner the public will not know till closer to or after the end of the regular season.

That's exactly why it's not going to happen this week.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2012, 02:09:36 EDT »

Sorta makes sense, in some ways Dooley seems less interested... Sure seems to be saying "I don't know" a lot.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2012, 02:11:53 EDT »

I think you're probably right, but public sentiment is so strong now that I wouldn't be surprised if they throw that dog a bone sooner rather than later.  If they do, Hart had better already have a deal in place.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2012, 02:12:50 EDT »

I think you're probably right, but public sentiment is so strong now that I wouldn't be surprised if they throw that dog a bone sooner rather than later.  If they do, Hart had better already have a deal in place.

Absolutely.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2012, 02:13:23 EDT »

I won't believe that name until it's announced. I still think we will be mining in Kirby Smart / Charlie Strong / Troy Calhoun territory.
I would take either of two of those names.  I do want someone who has ben a successful HC (a point of discussion would be the definition of successful).
I'd take Calhoun, if only for not telling the Wyoming coach where to stuff it during or after the profanity tirade by said coach after their game last week.  I'd post the youtube link but the language is not for the faint of heart.

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2012, 02:15:20 EDT »

Sorta makes sense, in some ways Dooley seems less interested... Sure seems to be saying "I don't know" a lot.
Dooley did fly back with Hart last week from crooked letter state and the environment was termed "chilly"

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2012, 02:22:00 EDT »

I would take either of two of those names.  I do want someone who has ben a successful HC (a point of discussion would be the definition of successful).
I'd take Calhoun, if only for not telling the Wyoming coach where to stuff it during or after the profanity tirade by said coach after their game last week.  I'd post the youtube link but the language is not for the faint of heart.

I just don't know if Calhoun would translate to the SEC and I think that's only a small step up from Dooley.

I think Charlie Strong is the best realistic name out there.

Kirby Smart may be a damn fine coach, but he has not done it without Saban. At least UF could say that Muschamp coached at Auburn and Texas without Saban. I think Smart is a really risky hire. Tennessee is not a job where a guy needs to be a first time head coach.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2012, 02:24:53 EDT »

I just don't know if Calhoun would translate to the SEC and I think that's only a small step up from Dooley.

Kirby Smart may be a damn fine coach, but he has not done it without Saban. At least UF could say that Muschamp coached at Auburn and Texas without Saban. I think Smart is a really risky hire. Tennessee is not a job where a guy needs to be a first time head coach.
We would be in general agreement

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2012, 02:25:41 EDT »

My husband was saying the same thing and wondered if Strong was approached before we hired Dooley.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2012, 02:27:55 EDT »

My husband was saying the same thing and wondered if Strong was approached before we hired Dooley.

At the time, I'm not sure he was as good a candidate as he is now.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2012, 02:29:46 EDT »

Some of our Bammer guests yesterday stated that Hart has a pretty big ego, and would probably try to make a huge splash with any hire he makes.  Of course, that could work the other way too- as in, hiring a virtual unknown, and if they work out, you can later make the claim, "I discovered that guy".  Sometimes I wonder if that was what Hamilton was thinking when he hired Dooley.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2012, 02:31:24 EDT »

So you're saying that Hart is also a wishy-washy, panty-wearing, scared-of-his-own-shadow wuss like Hamilton who runs for cover when a whiny fanbase starts pissing and moaning?

I seriously doubt it.  If he over-reacts to the usual bitching and moaning (bitching and moaning that occured under Fulmer even in 1999) then he isn't any better than Hamilton.

Someone needs to have the stones to not react to fickle fan attitudes and do what's right for the program anyway.  Firing Dooley now is not, or not how I see it anyway.

Believe it or not, I am really pissd off that Dooley is our coach at all.  If the fanbase had any of the fight they expect in the team and coaches, he wouldn't be, because people would not have wanted Fulmer out in 2007.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: