VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 08:40:39 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rumor that a 6 yr 31.5 million dollar offer  (Read 11222 times)
Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2012, 04:34:22 EDT »

First off, where is Hart going to get the big money to hire a Big Name coach? If there were a big donor willing to pony up the cash, where were they the past four years when UT has been paying fired coaches salaries?  The answer is simple; they do not exist.

UTAD has zero cash reserves and cash flow is very bad if any of you have been listening to Hart.  UTAD has been donating big bucks to the university and this administration will never let that cash cow go in tight fiscal times.  Unless the university president is willing to let UTAD keep $5M to $7M a year to spend on coaches, all this talk of Gruden if just talk.

Once again the majority of fans are going off and losing touch with reality and imagining that dreams are now the truth.

If it is Gruden, fine.  But do not hold your breath because I just feel almost everyone will be disappointed.  Outside of Hart, a select few in UTAD and Athletics Board, and Hart's bosses. no one knows.  All these internet rumors, confidential or reliable sources, whatever...no one but Hart knows.

Remember all the sure thing rumors the last two times?  How many Defensive Coordinators were a sure thing, the deal is done, an agreement was made.... before we finally hired one?

Just remember that old saying "There's a sucker born every minute."

73....you are way off base.  First of all, big donors do exist.  Heard of Thunder Thorton, the Haslim family?  They just paid $1Billion for an NFL team.  So don't think that big donors don't exist.  Plus I love this idea that the UTAD is financially strapped.  First of all, there are alot of accounting tricks that make nonprofits and businesses look like they are losing money.  Secondly, UTAD just combined athletic departments for men and women to save money, which is the way every other school has their athletic department.  Third, the university gives money to the school which they are not required to do.  Fourth, UTAD is self sufficient and receives no state money.  There are only a handful of unversities who are self sufficient.

Now do I think the "cash reserve" fund is low, sure.  But the same thing happened at Bama when they hired Satan.  Their cash reserves were very low but look what hiring a big name coach got them.  They are now swimming in cash. Big donors didn't step up in previous years because they didn't have confidence in the AD.  However, I think Hart being at FSU and Bama makes these people believe that he knows how to hire a big time football coach.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2012, 05:58:59 EDT »

Third, the university gives money to the school which they are not required to do. 

But the same thing happened at Bama when they hired Satan. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2012, 07:10:49 EDT »

Well, the rumor I keep hearing is Gruden as HC, Manning as OC, and Chavis back at DC....then, of course, I woke up.   

Bamabiz
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2012, 04:42:17 EDT »

You can't use reverse karma on us!

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2012, 04:45:29 EDT »

Well, the rumor I keep hearing is Gruden as HC, Manning as OC, and Chavis back at DC....then, of course, I woke up.   

I think Gruden's Defensive coordinator with the Buccaneers was Monte Kiffin.  The former Buccaneers Coach Morris would be a solid Defensive Coordinator

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: