VTTW Board Index
April 30, 2024, 12:58:30 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: After sleeping on it  (Read 13313 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2012, 05:34:37 EDT »

But don't forget, Saban is washed up and will never win another NC at Alabama.  

Hasn't yet, and GOD WILLING he won't.

Why do you think he's whimpering about the spread offense?  He's SKEERED of Oregon!

And I actually never said "never" or if I did, I backed off it.  I just didn't think it would happen this year or next.

It's not looking good, but (a) they haven't played anyone yet, and (b) they remind me of Florida in 1995...that is, even if they go undefeated the whole way, they might just get punked in the SECCG or MNC.

So I'm not wrong...yet.  
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 05:38:02 EDT by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
IvoryTusk
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2012, 06:28:09 EDT »

http://web1.ncaa.org/football/exec/rankingSummary?org=529&year=2012&week=8

Skeert of Oregon?  And the Nation's #82 passing offense?  Surely you jest!

We fared pretty well against UT's passing offense ranked #28 in the country ...

http://web1.ncaa.org/football/exec/rankingSummary?org=694&year=2012&week=8
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2012, 06:44:23 EDT »

http://web1.ncaa.org/football/exec/rankingSummary?org=529&year=2012&week=8

Skeert of Oregon?  And the Nation's #82 passing offense?  Surely you jest!

We fared pretty well against UT's passing offense ranked #28 in the country ...

http://web1.ncaa.org/football/exec/rankingSummary?org=694&year=2012&week=8

Yeah, but Oregon doesn't exactly depend on the pass either and they score plenty of points.

Saban doesn't like the spread because of "player safety".   

A guy who would sell his own mother to win a game is suddenly concerned about player safety.

No, he saw that his D had a couple lapses vs. Ole Miss against a hurry-up type offense and is launching a pre-emptive strike.

But you know, the remark was intended to be a bit over the top.  We might get to find out how Oregon does against bammer, but ya'll do still have to play LSU and probably UF. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2012, 06:48:29 EDT »

Why do you think he's whimpering about the spread offense?  He's SKEERED of Oregon!

So he's going to get the NCAA to implement a rules change between now and the BCSNCG in January, eh?
IvoryTusk
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2012, 07:00:53 EDT »

LOL - I know .... frankly I'm not worried about anyone other than MSU at this point.  LSU isn't the same team as they were last year, and UF is vastly better than I anticipated.  Although - UF's run to pass mix is still roughly 67% run, so they're one dimensional.  We'll see if UGA can do anything with that on Saturday.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2012, 07:03:54 EDT »

LOL - I know .... frankly I'm not worried about anyone other than MSU at this point.  LSU isn't the same team as they were last year, and UF is vastly better than I anticipated.  Although - UF's run to pass mix is still roughly 67% run, so they're one dimensional.  We'll see if UGA can do anything with that on Saturday.

I think Florida finishes the regular season 12-0(They will overpower a soft Georgia team). FSU lost their main RB for the season and I just think Florida beats them(FSU will still win the ACC and go to the Orange Bowl).

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2012, 07:15:40 EDT »

I think Florida finishes the regular season 12-0(They will overpower a soft Georgia team). FSU lost their main RB for the season and I just think Florida beats them(FSU will still win the ACC and go to the Orange Bowl).

At the start of the season I didn't think UF could beat FSU no matter what.  Now I agree they should be the fave...today. 

They could still lose to uga, if they start reading their own press clippings and forget to show up.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2012, 07:18:28 EDT »

IT...I like you better all the time!

You're right...you COULD lose to MSU.  Not likely, but definitely possible.   

They will likely give you a better test than us...they actually have a D.   

IvoryTusk
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2012, 07:47:54 EDT »

Bandit - I don't take anyone lightly.  Ask Emeril - he thought I was blowing sunshine when I suggested that the score of Saturday's game would be in the 31-17 range - with it being 24-17 into the 4th quarter, and we picked up a late TD kind of thing.  By the numbers - we really haven't been tested by anyone yet.  UT's pass offense and Michigan's rushing offense have been about the closest thing we've had so far to being "tested".  MSU is undefeated for a reason.  I'm just glad we have them at home.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: