VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 02:56:45 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcement on Friday afternoon that...  (Read 54310 times)
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2012, 07:03:13 EST »

...Bobby Petrino will be hired to replace Dooley, with the timing being used so that the national media will quickly be focused on the SECCG and later coaching hires by other programs.  Hart will lead the way in trying to sell/justify the hire to Vols fans and donors.  Anyone hearing that in the local (or any other) media?
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 07:09:30 EST »

Hang on just a sec...

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 07:10:14 EST »

I'd take BP as Tennessee Coach in a New York minute

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 07:13:34 EST »

I will name all my future children TRO if this is true*.

*Some conditions may apply.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 07:16:44 EST »

I've heard Friday or Saturday announcement, but no name
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 07:20:00 EST »

...Bobby Petrino will be hired to replace Dooley, with the timing being used so that the national media will quickly be focused on the SECCG and later coaching hires by other programs.  Hart will lead the way in trying to sell/justify the hire to Vols fans and donors.  Anyone hearing that in the local (or any other) media?

Have not heard.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 07:20:55 EST »

If it's Petrino, what a disgrace.  I will be sickened.
Creek Walker
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 07:22:28 EST »

Same here. If that's the best we can do . . . 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 07:25:06 EST »

Dont think it will be but who knows

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 07:29:24 EST »

Well if it's Petrino, the sh!t is going to hit the fan more than once.

A certain large number of Vol supporters are going to be crushed because it's not Gruden. Some will be outraged because of Petrino's personal problems.

And...I had read that Slive had made it clear to all schools that he was discouraging the hiring of Petrino. In fact, I just read today on ESPN that he would not be hired at any SEC school.

This could get interesting.
101stDad
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 07:35:06 EST »

I would be completely shocked if the hire ends up being Petrino.  I don't believe he is even on the list - short or long. 

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2012, 07:36:47 EST »

FWIW I'd be shocked if we hired Petrino as well, although if not gruden, he'd my second choice. I don't see UT hiring him at all, and it would go against what Hart said in his PC.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2012, 07:40:16 EST »

Tennessee is looking for a Head Football Coach,not an Archbishop(JMHO)

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2012, 07:42:14 EST »

I've read rumors that Bobby Petrino is a fallback candidate if Tennessee doesn't have any luck getting the big guys on Their list

Creek Walker
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2012, 07:43:06 EST »

Tennessee is looking for someone to represent the university in a positive manner. Do you think Petrino's actions reflected well on Arkansas? I realize that in the minds of many, winning trumps all else, but there are lines to be drawn. If Petrino wants another shot at big boy football he should have to start low and work his way up, proving beyond a doubt that he's learned from his mistakes.

I'm almost certain it won't be Petrino, but stranger things have happened.
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2012, 07:47:29 EST »

FWIW I'd be shocked if we hired Petrino as well, although if not gruden, he'd my second choice. I don't see UT hiring him at all, and it would go against what Hart said in his PC.

I agree.  But, Hart said "We want somebody with integrity," then he basically defined "integrity" in terms of NCAA compliance:

"That is important.  We just had our probation extended as you are well aware, we don't have a margin for error.  We have to have a culture of compliance.  That is the number one priority in our athletics department.  The profile is one that you would expect it to be.  Some of the people we will approach they won't want to engage until their season is over.  Some people have a false sense that we are late, we are not, we are fine, I have done this many times.  People need to take a deep breath. The door is not closing on our opportunities to find the right person."

So, if you beleve in "AD speak"....    I still think Hart will avoid Petrino like the plague.  I was just wondring if anyone had heard it, especially in the Knoxville media.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2012, 07:49:49 EST »

I agree.  But, Hart said "We want somebody with integrity," then he basically defined "integrity" in terms of NCAA compliance:

"That is important.  We just had our probation extended as you are well aware, we don't have a margin for error.  We have to have a culture of compliance.  That is the number one priority in our athletics department.  The profile is one that you would expect it to be.  Some of the people we will approach they won't want to engage until their season is over.  Some people have a false sense that we are late, we are not, we are fine, I have done this many times.  People need to take a deep breath. The door is not closing on our opportunities to find the right person."

So, if you beleve in "AD speak"....    I still think Hart will avoid Petrino like the plague.  I was just wondring if anyone had heard it, especially in the Knoxville media.

ah, good point....

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2012, 07:50:16 EST »

If they hired an archbishop I'd be pretty sickened too.

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2012, 07:51:39 EST »

If they hired an archbishop I'd be pretty sickened too.

I'm just saying the Candidate doesn't have to be as clean and innocent as a Choirboy

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2012, 08:07:35 EST »

I'm just saying the Candidate doesn't have to be as clean and innocent as a Choirboy

No, he doesn't.  But Petrino has lied and acted in a disgraceful manner basically everywhere he's been.   I would be embarrassed if he were named TN's coach.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2012, 08:15:05 EST »

No, he doesn't.  But Petrino has lied and acted in a disgraceful manner basically everywhere he's been.   I would be embarrassed if he were named TN's coach.

I don't understand this logic. Why would YOU be embarrassed? You would have nothing to do with hiring him, nor do you condone his behavior (I assume). You would just happen to be a fan of the team he would coach. I don't see why you'd be embarrassed about the personal life of a person you don't even know and didn't hire. He doesn't represent you. Yeah he would represent UT, your alma mater, but only on the football field, and only what he does at UT would matter off the field. What he has done to embarrass himself at Arkansas is on him, and maybe the guy who hired him.

I'm much more embarrassed when Vandy blows us out 41-18, because the team I follow sucks so bad. If he comes to UT and turns the program around, it would be ok with me.

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2012, 08:18:34 EST »

We are not amused.
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2012, 08:20:06 EST »

Same name being tossed around the talk radio shows this am in B'ham for the Auburn Tigers. I would really be surprised if UT goes this route considering the other names that have been linked to the Tennessee job.

With potential probation hanging over Auburn, this may be the only "big name" experienced head coach they can get.

BG
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2012, 08:34:01 EST »

I don't understand this logic. Why would YOU be embarrassed? You would have nothing to do with hiring him, nor do you condone his behavior (I assume). You would just happen to be a fan of the team he would coach. I don't see why you'd be embarrassed about the personal life of a person you don't even know and didn't hire. He doesn't represent you. Yeah he would represent UT, your alma mater, but only on the football field, and only what he does at UT would matter off the field. What he has done to embarrass himself at Arkansas is on him, and maybe the guy who hired him.

I'm much more embarrassed when Vandy blows us out 41-18, because the team I follow sucks so bad. If he comes to UT and turns the program around, it would be ok with me.

Because all indications are that he's a rotten human being.  I don't want someone like that being a representative of my university, at such a visible position.
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2012, 08:39:51 EST »

the man has zero scruples...if you cheat on your wife you are most likely cheating in other areas.  We need a stable personality at the from...not someone worried about what his hoochie mama is doing so he texts her 150 times in an hour. I'd rather keep Dooley than hire Petrino.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: