VTTW Board Index
April 16, 2024, 07:53:53 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marcus Lattimore to enter the NFL draft?  (Read 2978 times)
101stDad
« on: November 29, 2012, 05:38:47 EST »

It's a gamble either way. 

Going now he likely loses millions, as his draft position will without a doubt fall drastically.

If he comes back to South Carolina and doesn't have a good year his draft position will fall drastically. 

Guess he figures he had better take what money he can get now, and gamble that he will perform well enough to garner a big contract down the road. 

I really feel for him.  He's a great player, and by all accounts a very good person, who just never has been able to get a positive break since he arrived in Columbia. 

Perhaps a victim of the Chicken Curse?  (this line posted very much tongue in cheek) 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1425507-marcus-lattimore-insiders-reportedly-believe-injured-rb-will-enter-nfl-draft
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 05:41:50 EST »

Big Mistake,but,I'd like the Falcons to take a shot on Him. The Falcons need a replacement for Michael Turner,He's shot

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 05:54:33 EST »

Well, I've heard he has a 18-24 month recovery.  He's probably hoping for a repeat of the McGahee scenario where he gets drafted, sits on IR for a year and then starts his NFL career

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 06:16:55 EST »

I think it makes sense. He can get paid to rehab. Sure his first contract will be low, but with the cap his second should be fine. Besides, he wasn't going to see the field next year anyway.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: