VTTW Board Index
May 01, 2024, 02:13:57 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: POLL: Who wants Pearl back?....  (Read 17998 times)
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: December 21, 2013, 12:39:07 EST »

Im hearing that the administration will not consider him but if there is overwhelming support from us bill-payers then maybe they will have a change of heart. I got no faith in the guy we have now.

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 12:48:06 EST »

Me.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 12:53:22 EST »

Tight Leash but I would be in the yes box

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
VOLveeta
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 01:12:33 EST »

YES YES YES YES YES!!!   
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 01:32:48 EST »

No. What he did was a firing offense.  He should have been fired immediately not at the end of season. I would never trust him again. In a job of this magnitude and responsibility, you do not deserve a second chance.

No.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 01:37:38 EST »

Love to have him back....hell, I wish he'd never left. But, IMO you never fire someone and then hire-em back. Unless you are Billy Martin and the Yankees of course.
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2013, 02:07:04 EST »

Love to have him back....hell, I wish he'd never left. But, IMO you never fire someone and then hire-em back. Unless you are Billy Martin and the Yankees of course.

If BP were to come back, don't you think the entore athletic department would be walking around for years with their butts puckered-up in fear of the ncaa? I don't think the other coaches would be happy with that at all.

G   
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2013, 03:37:14 EST »

Yes for me!!!  It would be a hell of an improvement from the current state of the game!
dansavol1
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2013, 04:13:30 EST »

It's time to lay this to rest.  I liked Bruce, but what he did was wrong.  The fact is, he is gone.  Let it die.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2013, 04:37:34 EST »

Yes for me!!!  It would be a hell of an improvement from the current state of the game!

A stuffed animal sitting in the head coaches chair would be an improvement over what we have now.   

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2013, 04:44:30 EST »

A stuffed animal sitting in the head coaches chair would be an improvement over what we have now.   

Yeah.....we could have a cardboard cut out of Pearl on the bench coaching and we'd most likely be 9-1 at least right now.
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2013, 04:57:48 EST »

I think the administration is a bigger hurdle than any NCAA concerns.  He has paid the penalty. I'd be fine with it if it could be possible.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2013, 05:29:04 EST »

I think the administration is a bigger hurdle than any NCAA concerns.  He has paid the penalty. I'd be fine with it if it could be possible.

I think both would be an issue.  We know about the UT administration's stance, but many within the inner workings and powers that be in college basketball are not fond of Pearl from his past histories with them.  Some in those positions could make things really hard on UT (or whoever were to hire him) if they were to bring back Pearl. 

And while I was once dead set on not rehiring him, I am now pretty much in the same boat as my good friend Pirate is - I would be ok with bringing him back, but with very tight leash attached. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2013, 06:40:30 EST »

I'll go on record that I would love to have him back
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2013, 06:52:21 EST »

I'd love to have him back....first off, he got screwed on his penalty compared to many others, secondly he's served his penalty, thirdly  I think he's learned his lesson and would make sure nothing went awry again -- Pearl should be coaching and I'd rather it be for Tennessee than someone else!   

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2013, 07:15:47 EST »

Wish it were possible, yes for me.
Creek Walker
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2013, 07:17:56 EST »

I would be all for it, however unlikely it might be. As BDV said, his penalty was too severe, but he's served it anyway. I have a difficult time thinking he hasn't learned his lesson. First of all, the actual recruiting violation was very minor. Not a huge deal and not something 99 percent of UT fans would've wanted him fired over. The bigger violation was the lie. I try to put myself in his shoes and I can honestly say that I might've done the same thing...in fact, I think many, if not most, of us would do the same thing in our professional lives if we thought we could get away with it.

A lot of the UT fans I've heard say they wouldn't want him back because he "just can't help himself" or something similar (and that segment of the fan base is definitely a small minority) are still hung up on the supposed violations Pearl committed after his tearful presser on 9/10/10. They don't realize that one of those was drummed up by the NCAA and the others by Jimmy Cheek/Mike Hamilton in one big CYA cluster.
Volengineer
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2013, 07:20:23 EST »

I'm all for it.  They went nuclear option on Pearl for nothing compared to whatever the Miami coach did.  If we had an AD with some cajones at the time he probably would still have been our coach.
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2013, 07:34:32 EST »

Im hearing that the administration will not consider him but if there is overwhelming support from us bill-payers then maybe they will have a change of heart. I got no faith in the guy we have now.

the biggest mistake that UT ever made was hiring an accountant with ties to the rat tiglet basturds as our AD.  He basically threw Pearl under the bus when the NCAA came and discussed with hamilton that they wanted to talk with Pearl rregarding a possible recruiting violation and showed Hamiltin the "grainy facebook photo" of the bbq.  haith and an assitant were paying off boosters.  Hamilton had never played sports and did not know what it meant to be a team...and to think he said he was a religious person.

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2013, 07:41:47 EST »

I'd take him back.   

Regardless of whether he comes back, he should sue the every loving shizzle out of the NCAA for the gross discrepancy in treatment between himself and the Miami coach.

OTOH, I am pretty sure that a lot was going on besides a bar-b-que.....let's just leave it at that.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2013, 08:19:08 EST »

I'd take him back.   

Regardless of whether he comes back, he should sue the every loving shizzle out of the NCAA for the gross discrepancy in treatment between himself and the Miami coach.

OTOH, I am pretty sure that a lot was going on besides a bar-b-que.....let's just leave it at that.

I think you hit on a point....there were other things that made the BBQ bigger than it was.
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2013, 12:15:20 EST »

Yes.  It's basically a no brainer.

Jean Voljean
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2013, 04:39:25 EST »

Yes. 
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2013, 02:30:41 EST »

Yes. I like the guy.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2013, 03:53:00 EST »

In a heart beat.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: