VTTW Board Index
April 27, 2024, 08:17:25 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My interest in upcoming NFL draft  (Read 2019 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2014, 11:17:30 EDT »

As usual, I will be watching to see where Tennessee players go.   Highest projected is Juwan in the middle of 2nd round.  McCullers is a bit surprisingly ahead of Richardson, but both are early 4th round.

Also of interest to me...AJ McCarron is projected late 4th round, exactly where Bray was a year ago.  So to me, that means there is a chance he is not drafted.

In which case, I am very interested if his mama will tweet NFL scouts that they just don't know how good her boy is, and what were they thinking.     The amusement value of that scenario is through the roof, IMO.   

On  a realistic note, although I think Bray had better physical skills, McCarron clearly has more experience and is better polished.  I would think an NFL team is more likely to take a late round flyer on him, but we will see.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 11:52:01 EDT »

If it were based purely on physical ability, Bray would've been drafted before round 3 was done.  Even with his mental breakdowns in games, even though he wasn't a clutch player, some team would've taken a chance on him (Tom Brady was the same type of player in college).  But unfortunately for Bray, no team will waste a pick on someone with disciplinary issues and/or a history of substance abuse.  And I think that what we heard about Bray off the field was only the tip of the iceberg.

McCaron, OTOH, seemed to have all the intangibles, up until this past season.  Now, he's starting to look like a guy who brings the circus to town.  Not just with his mother, but with his fame-whore girlfriend, and their new reality show.  How many teams are going to want to put up with that kind of crap over a late round draft pick?  It's probably the same reason that Tim Tebow is no longer playing.  Teams might put up with a little more off-field stuff if they thought they were getting the next Joe Montana, but that's clearly not the case.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 01:16:01 EDT »

McCaron, OTOH, seemed to have all the intangibles, up until this past season.  Now, he's starting to look like a guy who brings the circus to town.  Not just with his mother, but with his fame-whore girlfriend, and their new reality show.  How many teams are going to want to put up with that kind of crap over a late round draft pick?  It's probably the same reason that Tim Tebow is no longer playing.  Teams might put up with a little more off-field stuff if they thought they were getting the next Joe Montana, but that's clearly not the case.

I didn't realize that the reality show had actually occured.  Since it apparently has, your point is well taken.  There is a very good chance he won't be drafted.

And yeah, his girlfriend is incredibly hot, but man did she make the most of her "15 minutes".  She should be paying Brent Mushberger royalties.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 01:51:07 EDT »

I didn't realize that the reality show had actually occured.  Since it apparently has, your point is well taken.  There is a very good chance he won't be drafted.

And yeah, his girlfriend is incredibly hot, but man did she make the most of her "15 minutes".  She should be paying Brent Mushberger royalties.   

Not to toot my own horn, but I called this the day after it happened.  Read my post in this thread:

http://volstothewall.com/board/index.php?topic=27018.0

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 07:11:33 EDT »

Good thing McCarron has two hands. One to carry a clipboard and one to carry her purse.

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: