VTTW Board Index
May 01, 2024, 01:52:02 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: To whomever the idiot was that fired Bruce . . .  (Read 17378 times)
Wayne
All-SEC

View Profile WWW
« on: August 25, 2014, 04:39:39 EDT »

THANK YOU!
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 04:44:29 EDT »

I really hate Auburn.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 05:13:40 EDT »

THANK YOU!

I hope he does well at ALL BARN.   

My prediction...ALL BARN will be much better, but ALL BARN will never quite do as well as Bruce did at Tennessee, simply because ALL BARN lacks the underlying fan support for basketball.  Bruce will no doubt help greatly in that area, but at the end of the day ALL BARN has less tradition and support of basketball than Tennessee. 

Tennessee prior to the rise of Florida and addition of Arkansas, was traditionally the no. 2 basketball power in the SEC after Kentucky (though by an admittedly wide margin).

Just my 0.02....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Wayne
All-SEC

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 05:26:35 EDT »

but at the end of the day ALL BARN has less tradition and support of basketball than Tennessee. 

Yes, tradition and support help out immensely . . . see UT football.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 05:32:09 EDT »

Yes, tradition and support help out immensely . . . see UT football.

It's cyclical....see Auburn under tater tot or the last year of Tubby or even 2012.  I thought you had a bit more going on upstairs than that Wayne.  I am disappointed.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 05:33:56 EDT »

Y'all got a helluva coach outta that deal.  I luv Bruce so much that I will cheer for your hoopsters this year.  That's probably a good thing seeing how I will not have much to cheer about for our own men's team for a long time comin'.  

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 05:38:56 EDT »

Y'all got a helluva coach outta that deal.  I luv Bruce so much that I will cheer for your hoopsters this year.  That's probably a good thing seeing how I will not have much to cheer about for our own men's team for a long time comin'.  

Really?  I think the new coach might do okay.  We will see.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 05:48:46 EDT »

Gotta love the Aubies driving by and pouring fresh salt into the wound.

Thanks, hope you guys crash and burn. I'll be rooting against you every game.  Don't forget... if they can't prove you paid a recruit, it technically didnt happen. 
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 05:53:21 EDT »

Don't feed the trols
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 06:16:38 EDT by PirateVOL » Logged

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Wayne
All-SEC

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2014, 06:02:27 EDT »

Gotta love the Aubies driving by and pouring fresh salt into the wound.

LOL . . . pouring salt . . . you guys are like shooting fish in a barrel.  I post the exact sentiment I've seen expressed by Clock and all the other UTers that frequent the VS and WHAB.  But naturally the snarling dogs begin to howl and scream . . . and insult.  And of course my followup I only agreed with how wonderful UT tradition is . . . historically.

Tiderinsider's got nothing on you guys . . . well except the winning part.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2014, 06:04:49 EDT »

LOL . . . pouring salt . . . you guys are like shooting fish in a barrel.  I post the exact sentiment I've seen expressed by Clock and all the other UTers that frequent the VS and WHAB.  But naturally the snarling dogs begin to howl and scream . . . and insult.  And of course my followup I only agreed with how wonderful UT tradition is . . . historically.

You forgot "this is why no one ever comes to VTTW anymore".  That would've really been a knife to the heart.     You stay classy, Wayne.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2014, 06:24:53 EDT »

Johnny Knoxville is going to do a hell of a job at UT.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2014, 06:43:50 EDT »

I took your comment on Tennessee's football tradition as a dig.  If not, then my response was rather mild, other than the part about questioning your intelligence.   

But if that was intended as a compliment, however backhanded, then your intelligence or lack thereof is no longer in question.   

But seriously....that was a dig, right? 

Creek Walker
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2014, 07:01:49 EDT »

But seriously....that was a dig, right? 

Does Wayne post here except to dig?
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2014, 07:16:17 EDT »

Does Wayne post here except to dig?

I was not sure about the original comment.  He may just be appreciative.  At the same time, he obviously knows that's a sensitive topic.

The comment about Tennessee's football tradition not only looked like a dig at face value, but it's similar to other derogatory things he has said about our football tradition not helping us much in some previous posts.  Thus it seems highly likely to be a dig.

But I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on that one.  He is probably still butt sore over Auburn losing to an ACC team, after all.  Just think...Auburn could easily or should easily have three MNC's in the last 10 years and they only have one.   That has to rankle a bit.   

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2014, 07:22:22 EDT »

I do not endorse this drive by flamer. 

I will tell you this, Wayne . . . I'm not deliberately rooting against him for reasons I've conveyed on WHAB, but the state of rooting for him at another SEC school is unstable. It can't last and has already decayed to indifference. By tipoff in November I expect to wish losses on AU. I think that's the way it ends up. Plus I think we have a really good coach in Knoxville anyway. I'm 100% on board with Tyndall.

But you'll love him and I can't blame AU fans for that.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Wayne
All-SEC

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2014, 07:24:17 EDT »

I do not endorse this drive by flamer. 

I will tell you this, Wayne . . . I'm not deliberately rooting against him for reasons I've conveyed on WHAB, but the state of rooting for him at another SEC school is unstable. It can't last and has already decayed to indifference. By tipoff in November I expect to wish losses on AU. I think that's the way it ends up. Plus I think we have a really good coach in Knoxville anyway. I'm 100% on board with Tyndall.

But you'll love him and I can't blame AU fans for that.

Completely understood.
Wayne
All-SEC

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2014, 07:27:39 EDT »

but it's similar to other derogatory things he has said about our football tradition not helping us much in some previous posts.  Thus it seems highly likely to be a dig.

Memories are funny things . . . doesn't this here script keep track of all those old posts.  Only thing I remember along those lines is what Vinnie posted . . . but then Vinnie brings out the best in people.
Wayne
All-SEC

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2014, 07:36:48 EDT »

I was not sure about the original comment.  He may just be appreciative.  At the same time, he obviously knows that's a sensitive topic.

Actually no.  My reading of every other UT fan that has posted on this topic outside of this message board voiced similar opinions.  They did not think he should have been fired.  Pissed that it happened.  And that we would love him.  Perhaps it's time you guys opened some windows and let some fresh air in here.
Wayne
All-SEC

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2014, 07:38:32 EDT »

But I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on that one.  He is probably still butt sore over Auburn losing to an ACC team, after all.  Just think...Auburn could easily or should easily have three MNC's in the last 10 years and they only have one.   That has to rankle a bit.   

2004 yes.  Last year no.  You'd be hard pressed to find a single Aubie outside the bunker that did not love last year regardless.  It was fun.  I'm sure you'll find the love again someday.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2014, 07:40:40 EDT »

Memories are funny things . . . doesn't this here script keep track of all those old posts.  Only thing I remember along those lines is what Vinnie posted . . . but then Vinnie brings out the best in people.

Alright man, if I got too touchy I apologize.  It's still a sore spot, but you have every reason to be thrilled.  You've got Bruce plus a meteoric rise in football power with your new coach, you guys are fortunate to have a heckuva pair with those two.  Best regards.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2014, 07:42:30 EDT »

2004 yes.  Last year no.  You'd be hard pressed to find a single Aubie outside the bunker that did not love last year regardless.  It was fun.  I'm sure you'll find the love again someday.

I sure do wish we had the problem of losing to an ACC team in the title game.   
Wayne
All-SEC

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2014, 07:44:38 EDT »

I sure do wish we had the problem of losing to an ACC team in the title game.   

Hang in there . . . maybe you will again someday.  Actually I know you will . . . I thought you would win 8 last year.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2014, 08:08:35 EDT »

All righty then 

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2014, 09:05:32 EDT »

Wayne, Bruce is doing what he does - he's a winner. He will have Auburn winning the west soon. Not this year, but soon. Of course the west sucks... but...

I'm good with our coach though. Best of luck.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: