VTTW Board Index
May 01, 2024, 06:29:22 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Arian Foster suffers serious injury. Even though he has been a serious  (Read 18327 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: August 05, 2015, 04:27:38 EDT »

douche since leaving UT, I still hate to see him injured. Guess he has some type of serious groin injury.

volsboyinsodak
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 05:51:34 EDT »

Must have gotten something in his va-ja-ja!
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 06:28:46 EDT »

Could just be karma for the serious lies he's been telling? He's thrown a lot of people under the bus to advance his own personal agenda.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 03:30:13 EDT »

Somehow, I doubt the crowds at Neyland will be chanting his name like they did with Eric Berry last year.

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 03:10:03 EDT »

Still waiting on Troop to bring him some tacos? 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 03:49:26 EDT »

Still waiting on Troop to bring him some tacos? 

He just would've fumbled them anyway.

10EC
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2015, 08:34:48 EDT »

He just would've fumbled them anyway.

Only if it counted.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2015, 05:17:03 EDT »

Linked without comment:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13369076/houston-texans-arian-foster-goes-public-not-believing-god

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Creek Walker
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2015, 01:57:21 EDT »

Same ol' Arian. Throwing his college coach, school and teammates under the bus, while feeding us ridiculous claims. Does anyone really believe that his new teammates approach him and literally ask him, "I hear you're different?" Lol. I encounter atheists every day. There are atheists on this forum, I suspect. I've never had the desire to look at them in bewilderment, and I've never seen the ones I know personally treated with bewilderment -- and I live in one of the most deeply religious and simultaneously backwards communities in Tennessee.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2015, 02:18:23 EDT »

I don't forgive Arian for the shizzle he's thrown at Tennessee over the last few years, but that was a fantastic article.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2015, 02:22:32 EDT »

Same ol' Arian. Throwing his college coach, school and teammates under the bus, while feeding us ridiculous claims. Does anyone really believe that his new teammates approach him and literally ask him, "I hear you're different?" Lol. I encounter atheists every day. There are atheists on this forum, I suspect. I've never had the desire to look at them in bewilderment, and I've never seen the ones I know personally treated with bewilderment -- and I live in one of the most deeply religious and simultaneously backwards communities in Tennessee.

Arian is "different" though. I don't know if that comment was about his atheism or his other oddities-- of which there are many. Also, I think "bewildered" is actually a pretty accurate characterization of what my family thinks of my atheism. They're not mad at me and they don't disown me but they don't understand how this has "happened to me" at all. They're all quite devout.

I didn't catch him throwing anyone under the bus there, btw . . . anybody with his beliefs would have felt the same way under those circumstances, and it's an important part of the story that article tells. That's not even a weird Arian thing.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Creek Walker
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2015, 02:44:47 EDT »

I didn't catch him throwing anyone under the bus there, btw . . . anybody with his beliefs would have felt the same way under those circumstances, and it's an important part of the story that article tells. That's not even a weird Arian thing.

Because the racial makeup of the churches the team attended has so much to do with the rest of the article...
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2015, 02:56:28 EDT »

Because the racial makeup of the churches the team attended has so much to do with the rest of the article...

Well that part was typical Arian, I suppose. I didn't really consider that detail very important, but obviously it made an impact on Arian.

What % of the team was black, I wonder? Did his teammates talk about that issue? It didn't fit with the rest of the article but it does raise an interesting question.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2015, 03:59:08 EDT »

Arian has always been a bit different.

I suspected he was an atheist more than 3 years ago. I'm atheist myself so I guess it takes one to know one.

Arian can say what he wants about UT, if he doesn't care that he has alienated the UT fan base against him. That's just cause and effect.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2015, 04:03:33 EDT »

. Also, I think "bewildered" is actually a pretty accurate characterization of what my family thinks of my atheism. They're not mad at me and they don't disown me but they don't understand how this has "happened to me" at all. They're all quite devout.

I've been atheist since I was in high school. I actually look at it as an "un-happening". I look at religion as something that "happens" to people.

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2015, 04:13:33 EDT »

Don't care what he believes, or doesn't believe as the case may be.  Foster is an attention whore.  Plainly and simply. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2015, 04:22:39 EDT »

Don't care what he believes, or doesn't believe as the case may be.  Foster is an attention whore.  Plainly and simply. 

I think you're right, he likes attention. He will have to deal with the effects of that.

Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2015, 08:43:36 EDT »

Maybe its God trying to get his attention since he came out and professed himself a devout Atheist.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2015, 11:39:59 EDT »

How sad? Not to believe in anything. Good luck with that atheists. I hope it works for you for all eternity. Seriously.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 01:26:33 EDT by volsboy » Logged

volsboyinsodak
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2015, 02:37:14 EDT »

How sad? Not to believe in anything. Good luck with that atheists. I hope it works for you for all eternity. Seriously.

Don't be sad. I live a very happy life - lots happier than many folks, and I consider myself very lucky. I just don't believe in the existence of God, as described by the various religions of the world. I never have. You either believe or you don't. I certainly don't believe we are here for all of eternity either.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 02:47:21 EDT by Volznut » Logged
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2015, 02:42:48 EDT »

Maybe its God trying to get his attention since he came out and professed himself a devout Atheist.

Seriously? How do you explain bad things happening every day to believers then? You think bad things happen only to atheists? LOL

There is no such thing as a "devout" atheist. Atheism isn't a religion, or belief. It's simply a lack of belief in God. That's it. No book, no church, no temple, no 10 commandments.

Creek Walker
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2015, 03:28:00 EDT »

There are lots of Old Testament writings about how God did things to grab someone's attention, but those days are long past. I don't believe God punishes non-believers or believers who are living outside his will. A few years ago, my church named a pastor who constantly preached that Christians who didn't live up to a certain standard were risking the wrath of God. He would often throw in threats that were meant to scare his parishioners, about how "it might not be you; it might be your kids who pay the price." I finally became so disgusted that I left the church. I'm a Christian who firmly believes in the wrath of God, but I don't think it's going to be manifested in this life here on earth. Foster's injury is just an unfortunate coincidence for him. If bad things happened to non-believers, there are a lot of people in our society who wouldn't be as wealthy, healthy or successful as they are.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2015, 03:59:27 EDT »

The  so called "Wrath of God" happens every day in the Universe. Stars die, planets die, and likely - lives are lost on grand scales all over the universe, all the time. It's the nature of the universe - nothing lasts for ever. Not even the Universe will. The earth? Maybe significant to us. Not significant in the grand scheme of things - we're all just here for a really short time, enjoy life and do some good, have empathy for living things, do some good. That's my motto and I try to live it.

RockyMtnVol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2015, 04:15:11 EDT »

I hear you, 'Nut, but let me add this to your philosophy:

BUCK FAMA!!! 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2015, 04:53:32 EDT »

The  so called "Wrath of God" happens every day in the Universe. Stars die, planets die, and likely - lives are lost on grand scales all over the universe, all the time. It's the nature of the universe - nothing lasts for ever. Not even the Universe will. The earth? Maybe significant to us. Not significant in the grand scheme of things - we're all just here for a really short time, enjoy life and do some good, have empathy for living things, do some good. That's my motto and I try to live it.

Why project a human concept on to stars and planets?  They don't "die", as they are never "alive" to begin with (well...at least not so far as we currently know, lol).  They simply change form in the cycle of the universe.

As for life, given that the universe (per the current theories) is about 14 billion years old (don't worry, this number will change again, but that's what it is today), and technological innovation on Earth has been what it is the last 100 years, what are the odds that any life out there is so advanced that (as Arthur C. Clarke said) their technology is "indistinguishable from magic?".

I have no doubt that we are a small part of a larger whole....not just physically in the sense of stars and planets....but as a form of life...we are part of a much greater whole.

Life IMO is common in the universe and a natural part of it.  As such, it stands to reason that there is life far, far in advance of us.  I think religion is pretty much saying that.  That we are part of an order of life, that there is an order to life, and this is true everywhere.

Now that doesn't address the chicken and egg question.  What came first, the universe or a "Creator"?  But to me, if there was life as early as 13 billion years ago and it continued to advance, it must be incredibly advanced.  So along those lines, it's not a reach to believe that the universe is designed and created by some highly superior entity.

It's funny, Adrian prides himself on being "open minded", but the fact is a logical and scientific case can be made for "God" or whatever you want to call it.  Some atheist scientists just have a huge bias that they are unaware of, while ironically considering themselves more "open minded" than theologians they dismiss as superstitious without thinking about it too much.

Even Richard Dawkins stated he thought life on Earth could have been seeded by "highly advanced aliens".  Which IMO is a baby step in the direction of truth, but I give him credit for getting that far.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: